It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Questions on Christianity Answered

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
In the new testament why is part of Jesus life missing?

If God knows all then why did he let the snake speak to Eve, why did he put that snake in garden?

Why if he knew it all did he do that, foreseeing the whole future after that, wars, deaths of innocent children. Why?

If God knows all then he did not create Adam and Eve so they would not procreate, just them two prancing around a magical garden naked, because after all, God knows all. So he knew that he would kick em out and he know they would procreate. Why?

When God looks down from his heavenly throne and sees the pain and suffering that shakes this world, why does he not intervene. Why?

A portion of Jesus' life is missing because it is not required. The portion we are given is the amount necessary in order to believe that He is the Messiah and Son of God.

Answered already in a roundabout way. It brings glory to His name. It allows for free-will...ie choice A) follow God, choice B) rebel....or in the case of Judaism, it was Lucifer's job given from God to test humans.

Question 3, see previous.

Question 4 - 1) Free will - if God ends all evil, where will free will be? 2) It' a part of the plan according to Acts chapter 4. 3) All thing work toward the goodness of God... 4) discipline and learning 5) serve as a warning about disobedience 6) to make a point 7) a means to bring the Son to save...
(just a handful of reasons)

A2D

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

That is Hilarious!

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Here's the whole pickle...The bible was written by men, inspired by God, for the use of men to understand to the best of their ability God's laws and supra-nature.

God inspired men to write down how we should kill witches and homosexuals. I find it hard to believe this alleged god authored any laws or had a "supra-nature" (whatever that is) since he had a lesser intellect than a typical bar room bigot.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
What is God? When was it created? Does the Devil exist?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

A portion of Jesus' life is missing because it is not required. The portion we are given is the amount necessary in order to believe that He is the Messiah and Son of God.

There's not even enough in that portion to establish that he even walked the earth, let alone being a messiah.
Just sayin'...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by swordwords
Here is a simple one. Why does the genealogy of Christ in the Gospel of Matthew not agree with the genealogy of Christ in the Gospel of Luke?

A number of reasons...but all speculation and nothing solid or concrete, to which I'm sure will be the main point of future attacks...

Possbilities
1) Joseph had two fathers, one natural and one legal.
2)Differences in genealogy ie one inheritance and one biological
3)Luke's genealogy is of Mary's paternal ancestry
4)Mattew's genealogy is of Mary's paternal ancestry

There are a number of reasons over the centuries that have been provided. In fact, this discussion first began in the third century AD...there are possible answers out there if you're willing to seek them out.

A2D

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
There's not even enough in that portion to establish that he even walked the earth, let alone being a messiah.
Just sayin'...

Can you name any credible scholars that would deny Jesus walked the earth? This is never the dispute. The dispute is always whether or not He is who He claims to be....

A2D

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You don't have to scratch the surface very hard to really come up with some obvious but very hard questions:

- God gave his only Son Jesus to save Humans.

---> Why could God only have one son? I thought he was omnipotent
---> Why could God not be able to make a daughter?
---> Why should we feel any sympathy for God as He knew [omniscient] that he would have to do this.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Let's play at being God

If rats were the most evil creatures in the universe, even though they are working by our design [God], is it fair that we exterminate every living rat - young, old, but save just one family of rats because they do as we tell them.

Add to that the killing of every other living animal barring 2 [aka Noah's Ark]; this is multi genocide and yet this is the God that the Christians praises. Common sense and good standards tell me this God is a deranged psychopath

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Sorry OP for stealing your thunder so to speak.

I just see a lot of these threads and, in return, a lot of unanswered questions about the faith. I feel obligated in most cases to pick up the slack so there is no reason to slander the Christian name. I hope you understand.

A2D

Thank you very much, I have been so busy. A lot of what you answered is what I and my friend would've said.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Please explain why "god" would create a world full of "his children" with the intentions of testing thier faith in him by constant oposition in the hopes that they prove thier love for him through unending devotion? I don't know about you, but I would NEVER treat my children like that. I mean, if love, devotion and obediance is what he wants, then why were the angels not enough to stroke his ego? Instead, he had to create us, his toy.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Thanks for your answers its been interesting. As i said earlier i believe we all are heading to the same place, just our paths vary. I dont see anyone going to hell, as hell was made for one thing only, and that was Lucifer and his fallen angels, (as i posted earlier) i believe that even if a souls was to get lost and believe he was to sped the rest of his life n hell, that it wouldn't happen as there are too many souls that have pledged not to leave a single soul behind on the journey towards the god head.
i have considered making a map of the paths to god, but its a long term project to say the least.
but for now the best way i have of showing what i mean is this image.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51a99854f0ee.jpg[/atsimg]

Im glad our paths have crossed in this space and time, and may your journey take you to the experiances your looking for.

I look at it like this. Christianity in its true form is the only way to God. All the other religions with "similarities" in the belief system have one main difference. And that is Jesus had if he died on the cross and resurrected. And if people are led to believe that Jesus isn't the only way then they have fallen in a trap. Like Islam for example. Many of the core beliefs are the same, but they dont believe Jesus was the son of God. So if they dont believe that then they can't be saved. Jesus said "The only way onto the Father is through me." With that said, there is no other way. The other religions are like rat poison. All you need is 1% to be wrong, and your done. Make sense?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Possbilities
1) Joseph had two fathers, one natural and one legal.
2)Differences in genealogy ie one inheritance and one biological
3)Luke's genealogy is of Mary's paternal ancestry
4)Mattew's genealogy is of Mary's paternal ancestry

Heli is the father in law of Joseph. Women never entered into the genealogy tables in those times. Luke is the fleshly lineage of our Lord Jesus. Mary was of the priestly line of Nathan.

Josephs father was Jacob. Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary. [properly 'begat' = Father to son]. He was of the Kingly line of Soloman.

Thus our Lord is both the Kingly and Priestly Messiah.

....which is cool.

By the way your doing an excellent job on this thread sir.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Can you please explain why various christian traditions bear striking similarities to traditions of ancient pagan religions (i.e. Yule/Christmas, Beltane/Easter, Jesus/Ra/Mithra, etc.)

Why did "god" wait so long to bring salvation to Earth?

What are we being "saved' from?

And where has he been for the last 2000 years?

Oh, and why do people insist on bringing Lucifer into this? (Thank you Milton for that horrible missinterpritation)
edit on 4/19/2011 by amaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
Please explain why "god" would create a world full of "his children" with the intentions of testing thier faith in him by constant oposition in the hopes that they prove thier love for him through unending devotion? I don't know about you, but I would NEVER treat my children like that. I mean, if love, devotion and obediance is what he wants, then why were the angels not enough to stroke his ego? Instead, he had to create us, his toy.

Adam and Eve were tempted by Satan. They ate from the tree which God told them not to. That is why our faith is tested. If Adam and Eve never bit the apple, we would be genetically perfect, and the world would be perfect.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
Let's play at being God

If rats were the most evil creatures in the universe, even though they are working by our design [God], is it fair that we exterminate every living rat - young, old, but save just one family of rats because they do as we tell them.

Add to that the killing of every other living animal barring 2 [aka Noah's Ark]; this is multi genocide and yet this is the God that the Christians praises. Common sense and good standards tell me this God is a deranged psychopath

The wages of Sin are Death. The people God killed during the flood were full of sin. They disobeyed God and the human was was doomed to destruction if he let it continue. Make sense?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShakeNBake

Originally posted by amaster

Adam and Eve were tempted by Satan. They ate from the tree which God told them not to. That is why our faith is tested. If Adam and Eve never bit the apple, we would be genetically perfect, and the world would be perfect.

And God created Satan to temp people. So from the very start, God knew the outcome.

Would you give you child a knife to play with? No, because you know he or she would cut themselves.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Can you name any credible scholars that would deny Jesus walked the earth? This is never the dispute. The dispute is always whether or not He is who He claims to be....

A2D

Any credible scholar would admit there is no evidence confirming the existence of Jesus outside of the bible. Josephus' mention is widely used as evidence though credible scholars recognize that portion of his writings as most likely a forgery.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

So god infinitely curses generations of innocent people for the finite crime of a single person? That is the behavior of a real creep.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The wages of Sin are Death. The people God killed during the flood were full of sin. They disobeyed God and the human was was doomed to destruction if he let it continue. Make sense?

Actually that makes no sense at all.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join