It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The News Vs. Who Reports It.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I was wondering how important these days is who actually reports the news, versus what the story actually is. Many years ago there were very few news stations, and a limited amount of reporters, and everyone depending on your local news, you had your favorite newscaster.

I believe that this is very true today, but can we actually change our minds based on the reporter themselves? Does that matter anymore. Are we now more concerned with the station, the news, or the person reading the news off of a teleprompter?

I ask because I recently saw a video, that actually doesn't surprise me, but when I shared it with others, they were very skeptical about her behavior, even though it was on video. Things were said like "that was a long time ago", or "she was just tired", or even I'm sure that alot of reporters do it, but it doesn't change what they say".

Do you, think that it matters if a person who is a big figure in how the news is relayed, or does it even matter?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
That video is HILARIOUS!!
Sad and sickening, but funnier than hell - looped out or what; the idiot

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I think that the later clips of her slurring, or seeming to have wayyy to much fun, is just a small view of what the first clip shows. There is a possibility that she is hammered when reporting the news.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

IMO it's very important that the person reading the news also understand what they are reading. Ever see the weather girl on the news channel, and you look into her eyes and you KNOW that there is nothing going on back there?

To the point where you wonder: " Does she have any idea where she is right now?".

That's all part of the misinformation tactic, you get people who claim to know what they are saying is true, because it's on the teleprompter, yet can't form an opinion without first being told which side of the argument they are to be on.

News is education and requires an educator unfortunetly, something which is now very much lacking. We have personalities now. People who just make crap up as they go along and insert whatever "facts" they want within the real news to influence opinion to one side or another.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The purpose of TV news presenters is to manipulate and brainwash those who do not know how to read, which is probably the majority of the population at this point. This is quite ironic in itself, since most presenters are as dumb as a doornail and are only good at reading the teleprompter.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

We tend to take more seriously good looking, well spoken and witty reporters than we do the opposite. Reporting the news is about presentation, and if the presentation is not good then people will be less inclined to listen to the story.
edit on 19/4/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What is the title of the video?
It's been taken down by the user,

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
WTH happened to the link?
Is ATS and its threads more powerful than it knows?
Shame, that was a very telling video.
Did anyone manage to download it before it left??

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Dang that is really too bad - it was a clip of Diane Sawyer - chugging pills with wine on the set, looked like she was ready to go to air.
Other clips showed her drunker than a skunk on-air--- during the last presidential election.
Clips as in multiple clips--- will look for another and try to post it

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Here it is:
This one doesn't show her drunk on election day, but the pills w/booze is shown
"Too bad she's crazy..."
Really, now:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Thanks for adding another video. I was surprised that the one I linked went down so fast... wait. No, I'm not that surprised. That was one of the greatest compilations of Diane Sawyer smashed that Ive ever seen. I hope it becomes available again.

Peace, NRE.

top topics

join