It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret memos expose link between oil firms and invasion of Iraq

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Secret memos expose link between oil firms and invasion of Iraq

www.independent.co.uk

Plans to exploit Iraq's oil reserves were discussed by government ministers and the world's largest oil companies the year before Britain took a leading role in invading Iraq, government documents show.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.independent.co.uk
www.reuters.com
www.timesonline.co.uk
pubrecord.org
edit on 18-4-2011 by Jakes51 because: formatting fixes

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Perhaps, the urban legend that has surrounded the Iraq War since day one has some truth to it. The report above mentions that documents show that government ministers and oil executives in the UK were a little to close for comfort before the invasion of Iraq. They were set to divide up Iraq's oil industry after the fall of Saddam Hussein, and as the country descended into chaos.

As far as I am concerned, this story is groundbreaking, because it puts into writing a long held conspiracy surrounding the invasion of Iraq. So much for WMDs, links to Al-Qaeda, threats to neighbors in the regions, atrocities, or any other excuse tossed around by the major players for justification to invade Iraq. All of it seemed to be smoking mirrors, and a diversion as most people have at least thought about before the war and even now. This my friends, is a confirmation and validation of a significant conspiracy.

None of these chilling documents were submitted to the Chilcot Inquiry aka Iraq Inquiry for review and analysis by the committee of British Privy Counsellors. This conflict cost trillions of dollars, and thousands lost their lives from the Iraqis to the combatants. Lets hope it was worth it, as US troops prepare for complete departure at the end of 2011, and as their British counterparts did in 2009. The smoking gun?

www.independent.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-4-2011 by Jakes51 because: formatting fixes and grammar

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Great find Jakes51, it seems us conspiracy theorists aren't so insane after all.

What remains interesting about this story is that many of the oil concessions awarded by the new Iraqi Government we installed went to China.

China who was quite happy to loan us trillions of dollars to pay for the war!

In a lot of way that move to award oil hungry China with much of Iraq's oil, more or less created some 'plausible deniability' for the U.S. and coallition governments to claim that they weren't invading Iraq for oil, as it didn't go to American or British Companies when all was said and done.

What we don't know though and remains to be investigated if U.S. and British Corporations and Oil Companies used the lead time to invest in or form the Chinese Companies that ended up getting the bulk of the Oil Concessions in Iraq.

I suspect they likely did, and if the press really wants to get honest about this, investigating that would be the next step in proving that the smoking gun here actually fired a bullet that hit the bullseye right on target.

Star and flag.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

SURPRISE!!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
What we don't know though and remains to be investigated if U.S. and British Corporations and Oil Companies used the lead time to invest in or form the Chinese Companies that ended up getting the bulk of the Oil Concessions in Iraq.

But what we do know is that Iraq is currently trading its oil in USDs, and that's what really matters anyway.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

All the dead. A blood sacrifice to the Gods of commerce.

And the wars continue....

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think I follow what you are implying? The US and coalition used China as their investors and used Chinese firms as front companies like the organized crime does to shield their illicit enterprises. This is a groundbreaking disclosure, and puts to rest a conspiracy many have had about the Iraq War. They were talking about cutting up the Iraqi oil industry like one big pie over a year or more before the invasion.

To me, this is the red herring. It is like Operation Ajax on steroids! Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis killed or maimed, the country was sent to the stone age, trillions of dollars spent or missing, and thousands of service members killed or maimed. I would like to know more about the Chinese angle, because I was aware they were there bidding along with many the other rabid dogs when oil production was about to go back online.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
And this comes as no surprise to people who were paying attention.

The other HALF of the population were duped into thinking that the war was about Weapons of Mass Destruction.
The Harris Interactive Poll, taken July 5-11, shows that half
of Americans (50 percent) believe that “Iraq had weapons of
mass destruction when the U.S. invaded.”

Survey

And now that this has been exposed, the number of people that will go to jail, lose ther position or be otherwise punished.... ZERO.
They pretty much got away with it.
And will continue to do so while the population are idiots.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Jakes51

A grim assessment, but it appears to be true.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
the saudis have just realized the dollar is sinking
and have decided that there is a "glut" of oil on the market..
and so now they must
create more scarcity (
)
so they are cutting back on production

It came out recently that it was U$ special forces that blew the oil wells in Iraq
not Saddam
creating scarcity...scare city

In order to make up for the shrinking value of the declining petro dollar...
they have just realized they are the ones intended to wind up holding the bag...

I guess they saw Weasley Clarks interview where he listed the countries slated for regime change...
edit on 18-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Jakes51

A grim assessment, but it appears to be true.

and there is no satisfaction in telling the patriotic believers of the lies... "I told you so"
edit on 18-4-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
All of those soldiers and civilians dying for nothing! Absolutely nothing! What so depressing about all of this the wars (the way I see it) are long forgotten by people here in America. People will/might hear about this and then nothing....
edit on 19-4-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
the is some info about the Rothschilds connections to China banks and the Iraq-Israel oil pipeline.

business.timesonline.co.uk...

from Sept 2008

Bank of China took a stake in a branch of the celebrated Rothschild banking dynasty on Thursday, but ruled out a white-knight rescue of crisis-torn institutions in New York or London.

In a deal pitched loftily above the global turmoil engulfing financial markers, the Chinese bank said it would acquire 20 per cent of La Compagnie Financiere Edmond de Rothschild, one of Europe's few remaining independent merchant banks.

Chinese officials said the move would bring them expertise in financial products, whilst their French counterparts said it would open up the lucrative Chinese market........

www.texemarrs.com...

Iraqi Oil Laundered by Rothschild’s Israel and Red China with U.S. Assistance
In last month’s newsletter (see my investigative report, Rothschild’s Black Gold Empire, available on Tape or CD, 60 min., $8), I exposed the scam in which Rothschild’s oil companies and banks, in collusion with Israel’s corrupt leaders and Obama’s White House, are stealing Iraq’s plentiful oil resources and laundering the oil through China. Due to this outrageous scheme, China’s PetroChina has now become the world’s fifth largest oil company and is expected to top Exxon-Mobil as #1 in the world by 2015.

the Chinese Triad is probably involved along with Rothschild field agent George Soros.

more to research on those guys....

but I have a map showing a pipeline in Iraq and Israel:

can someone confirm that it is genuine ???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/938daa7cd681.jpg[/atsimg]

I thought Iraq & Israel were enemies ??????

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
lets see if we can read between the lines and "sing along with Soros"

from Oct 2010:

George Soros warns China of global 'currency war'

Mr Soros, the hedge fund manager best known as the man who broke the Bank of England” after he made a billion betting against the value of Sterling on Black Wednesday in 1992, said the China had created a “lopsided currency” system.

He criticised China for deliberately keeping the yuan - its currency - low in order to keep exports cheap, which is hurting US competitors.

Mr Soros told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that China had a “huge advantage” over international competitors because it can control the value of its currency..........

Writing in the Financial Times, Mr Soros added: “Whether it realizes it or not, China has emerged as a leader of the world. If it fails to live up to the responsibilities of leadership, the global currency system is liable to break down and take the global economy with it.”

link:
www.telegraph.co.uk...

OF COURSE China "realizes" IT !!!!

how could they NOT notice ......

Soros is notorious for steering his writings back to square one.

He has a clear record of critisizing His friends openly while supporting them behind the scenes.

the Iraq-Israel-China oil syndrome is well under way.

He has been busy lately .... get ready for some big-time currency manipulations !!

He criticised China for deliberately keeping the yuan - its currency - low in order to keep exports cheap, which is hurting US competitors.

gee wiz George .... I always thought THAT was the whole point of a good business model !!!

edit on 19-4-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

lol, star for you brother

spot on

I guess folks are just tired of
hearing it from me so I'll let
you take the Soros/Rothschilds
reins for a while. I'll just sit back
and smile for being right, hahahaha

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The were prepared even before the 9/11 attacks!!!

By March 2001, Cheney’s task force had prepared a set of documents with a map of Iraqi oil fields, pipelines, refineries and terminals, as well as two charts detailing Iraqi oil and gas projects, and a list titled “Foreign Suitors for Iraqi Oilfield Contracts,” according to information released in July 2003 under a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by the conservative watchdog group, Judicial Watch

The Public Record

“Foreign Suitors for Iraqi Oilfield Contracts,” - Unbelievable but true it seems, its sheer madness how this alone wouldn't sink them and the idea that it was all about WMD's

Edit: Just realised the story I quoted from is almost 2 years old, how wrong I was about sinking them, fool me!
edit on 19-4-2011 by ukWolf because: as stated above

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ukWolf
its sheer madness how this alone wouldn't sink them and the idea that it was all about WMD's

I guess in their opinion,
OIL was a WMD.
It makes Rothschilds
soldiers create
big botta boom.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
reply to post by xuenchen

lol, star for you brother

spot on

I guess folks are just tired of
hearing it from me so I'll let
you take the Soros/Rothschilds
reins for a while. I'll just sit back
and smile for being right, hahahaha

good deal boone !

here's another article with some sheds of light::

thescotsman.scotsman.com...

from Aug 2003:

US asks Israel to explore reopening Iraq pipeline

THE United States has asked Israel to explore reviving a pipeline route pumping oil from Iraq direct to the oil refineries in the Israeli port of Haifa.

The office of the Israeli prime minister, Ariel Sharon, sees the pipeline project as a "bonus" in return for Israel’s backing of the US-led campaign in Iraq, the Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported yesterday.

The pipeline from Mosul to Haifa was a
vital supply line for British forces in the Second World War. In 1941, Britain sent forces to protect the oil pipeline and overthrow the pro-German Iraqi politician who had taken power in Baghdad in a coup.

But the pipeline fell into disuse after 1948, when Iraqis stopped the flow of oil to newly independent Israel.

WHY does the US ask Israel ?? ....... Iraq has no say !!! gee, why not ??

can anybody see more conflicts of interest and "fishie" statements ??

here's one:

The Jerusalem Post said Israel’s foreign ministry criticised the initiative over concern that it would fuel rumours of an Israeli-US design to control Iraq’s oil reserves, the second largest in the world after Saudi Arabia.

right after:

The office of the Israeli prime minister, Ariel Sharon, sees the pipeline project as a "bonus" in return for Israel’s backing of the US-led campaign in Iraq, the Israeli newspaper Haaretz reported yesterday.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Taken of the news article i like this part "We have no strategic interest in Iraq Dave cameron SAID THE SAME THING when he was with the turkey Prime Minister We have no strategic interest in libya. 'just different country with loads of oil

' They should be a law that prevents idiots trying to dumb down there own people.

Its all about oil and strategic it always has been!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join