It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret memos expose link between oil firms and invasion of Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
From memory, did they want to go into Iraq straight after 9/11 but decided to go to Afganistan first, can anyone remember how it initially went ?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
To most anyone paying attention this is a "No duh!", of course the TPTB gangster capitalists were carving up Iraq's carcass pre-slaughter... I imagine a grip of fish belly white shadowy overlord globs of elitist fat sitting around noshing on 5 star cuisine.. as they giggle with giddily greedy glee in anticipation of feasting on the Iraqi / fake "war on terror" cash cow.

There is no discussion about the millions of innocent regular people JUST LIKE YOU will suffer, or kids like yours summarily slaughtered... culling of the peasant stock flock is of zero concern.

The UK was lobbying to secure prime cuts.. reminding the shadowy overlords, tail wagging, who has been a good dog, a loyal useful idiot sociopath lackey... Surely a "coalition" and propaganda partner deserves to feast high on the hog!! Callously sending beloved Brit troop heroes off to die in FAKE war based on 100% pure Texas elitist moron manure.. deserves a chunky meaty reward. Not to mention the loss of national credibility / humiliation of standing toe to lizard toe with el mas chingon gw dumbass and his asses-of-evil neo-clown cabal.

Non coalition war mongers, bad dogs, and those with enough common sense to have scoffed at dumb & dumbers big adventure, but stayed out of it.. meh.. let them nibble on hove, face meat, ground sphincter and other puppet scraps... sold ONLY in green back Federal Reserve notes dontcha know..lol.. paper just as fake as the war and the fake people who call themselves politicians.

One again.. an old adage, something like "Don't believe anything until it's officially denied".. rings true yet, and once, again.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I didn't even realise this was a conspiracy theory still, I thought the majority of the populace regarded this as fact. It is however sickening to see the way they talked about Iraq in the memo.

After another meeting, this one in October 2002, the Foreign Office's Middle East director at the time, Edward Chaplin, noted: "Shell and BP could not afford not to have a stake in [Iraq] for the sake of their long-term future... We were determined to get a fair slice of the action for UK companies in a post-Saddam Iraq."

A fair slice? Say that to the Iraqi's this invasion killed. Do you think it is fair to them that not only do you kill them but you pillage their resources afterwards.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Watch this: its an old favorite of mine:

Google Video Link

video.google.com...#
edit on 19-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Most people on this site , and a few elsewhere would see this as obvious.

I wonder how Joe Public will react , or if it actually registers on their radar.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Jeluzifus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

As I've said a thousand times, Bush needs to pay for his crimes.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
No doubt.

What do you think Police do when they arrest a drug dealer king pin with loads of riches?

They have plans for that too.

At least the gov't does.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

The reality is at this point, those who wanted to know the truth have already been woke up, while those in denial are doing so because to one extent or another, they have vested interests the "9-11 Lies" and all the followed. Some of these will plead ignorance or being blinded by their desire to believe in the Government but they are in fact now accomplices and co-conspirators in 9-11 and everything that has been done to our country and others as a result of 9-11. Those who still scoff and deny the Truth about 9-11 should have no trouble figuring out where they stand in my book; The 33%.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Apathy is a powerful thing, and it is a politicians ace in hole if they decide to go the corrupt route and commit high crimes. As long as there constituents have jobs, a roof over their head, and food in the their bellies; whatever the government does is good for the gander. However, when the party ends and it is time to clean up, it is usually the people who turned a blind-eye to the impropriety of their elected officials who have to do the heavy lifting.

The veil is slowly being removed with conflict and calamity around the world, government on the verge of insolvency, and the economy falling into an abyss. Now, instead of watching the collapse of modern civilization on the TV from the comfort of their living rooms, it has found a place of comfort in their living rooms. The walls are closing in around the people who chose to remain in a slumber as the country continued to wither away on the vine. As the old adage says:"Time to pay the piper!"

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
1. Bush's Uncle was head of the Chinese-American Chamber of Commerce

2. Saddam threatened to go to OPEC to persuade them to start using the EU instead of the Petro(american)Dollar about a year before the war started.

3. China and Russia recently came to an agreement to use chinese and russian currency as their trading 'dollar' instead of the american dollar.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnus47
The flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I'm stealing this, magnus.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

And this comes as no surprise to people who were paying attention.

The other HALF of the population were duped into thinking that the war was about Weapons of Mass Destruction.
The Harris Interactive Poll, taken July 5-11, shows that half
of Americans (50 percent) believe that “Iraq had weapons of
mass destruction when the U.S. invaded.”

Survey

And now that this has been exposed, the number of people that will go to jail, lose ther position or be otherwise punished.... ZERO.
They pretty much got away with it.
And will continue to do so while the population are idiots.

I have to agree. This is not news to me. It was the plan all along. Nice to see it writing though, but those who don't believe this will probably never believe it...
The military has been used to further economic agendas since WWI. I think it was Pershing who said it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

And this comes as no surprise to people who were paying attention.

The other HALF of the population were duped into thinking that the war was about Weapons of Mass Destruction.
The Harris Interactive Poll, taken July 5-11, shows that half
of Americans (50 percent) believe that “Iraq had weapons of
mass destruction when the U.S. invaded.”

Survey

And now that this has been exposed, the number of people that will go to jail, lose ther position or be otherwise punished.... ZERO.
They pretty much got away with it.
And will continue to do so while the population are idiots.

Most people dont care, they only care about getting through the day and watching sport / gladiator fights on tele. Is this the year 2011 or the year 11 Roman empire?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
So, there was a plan in place before invading Iraq?

I wonder what triggered that off...
Link The Gulf War
Link: Persian Gulf War
Link: Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm

Its rather interesting that people forget history.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Right, so now we know the truth as hard facts.What are we all going to do about it?

NOTHING

We're not going to protest, strike, boycott or do anything - we're all screwed because they know we won't do sod all about it.
edit on 19-4-2011 by dodgygeeza because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
YouTube: Gore criticizes Bush for ignoring Iraq's ties to terrorism (Sept. 29, 1992)
YouTube: Clinton Orders Missile Attack (June 26, 1993)
YouTube: U.S. Missile Strikes on Iraq (Sept. 3, 1996)
YouTube: Clinton to Saddam: You cannot defy the will of the world (Jan. 27, 1998)
YouTube: Bill Clinton: Clear Evidence of Iraqi WMD Program (Feb. 17, 1998)
YouTube: Al Gore: No Doubt Saddam's Weapons Are Grave Threat (Feb. 17, 1998)
YouYube: Madeleine Albright and the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 (Dec. 16, 1998)
YouTube: Clinton: Iraq Has Abused Its Final Chance (Dec. 16, 1998)

YouTube: Hillary supported regime change in Iraq (Sept 15, 2002)
YouTube: Bill Clinton's Support for War (May 23, 2003)

Regardless about what happened after or days before 9/11/01, the War on Iraq was completely justified. I don't care if they went after oil. What matters is that the war was justified. If you cannot stand a Republican president's perspective, maybe you will listen to a former Democrat president and vice president.

I call it 'An Inconvenient Truth".

edit on 19-4-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ukWolf
From memory, did they want to go into Iraq straight after 9/11 but decided to go to Afganistan first, can anyone remember how it initially went ?

NATO response to September 11
www.aco.nato.int...

America Strikes back october 2001
A special edition of NBC Nightly News with Tom Brokaw reports on the initial U.S. strike on Al Qaeda and Taliban targets in Afghanistan, in retialtion for the September 11th attacks.

Even though the hijackers were not from Afghanistan, and were funded by Saudi Arabia.
edit on 19-4-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Oh man, like this is some new revelation. What ordinary citizen couldn't work that out? We don't need leaked memo's, an idiot could see what the invasion was about.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
seems that a lot of the places we are set to invade have some kind of natural resource in high demand..

Iraq, Afghanistan, and now Libya will all be sustained wars; We aren't going anywhere.

Who ever conrtols the market, will control the money.

Plus if we own all the oil, there is no way the U.S. dollar will be deemed worthless.

We are invading these countries out of fear.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I have been saying that since the invasion was taking place! I have been saying that since I joined ATS but many too proud to fail Americans ridiculed me saying WMD's were the main reason, or the Iraqi people wanted Saddam out, or how we need to spread democracy.

If America wanted to spread democracy they would have through words not bombs. You don't spread peace by killing everyone on the planet. If they wanted to spread democracy and reason they would have helped Uganda in 1993, but there was no interest to send the innocent soldiers to death, it wasn't worth it.

America is not for the people, it is for the corporate interests. Once that interest makes its money off the people they will move to the next rising country and use that country.

Now I hope the war with Libya will wake people up to the special interests vested in that nation, not helping the citizens. You don't back a revolution if less than quarter the country are revolting, it doesn't make sense!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join