It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bounty offered for Police in Denver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Small fliers have appeared in Denver, CO offering a bounty for killing a police officer. The flier offers $5,000 for a "crooked cop" and $10,000 for a badge. The flier apears to be from a group only known as N.E.F.F

www.rockymountainnews.com

Fliers offering a bounty for killing police officers appeared on car windshields Monday morning, prompting a criminal investigation and a citywide alert.

The fliers, which offer $5,000 for a "crooked cop's life" and "$10,000 a badge," feature pictures of Frank Lobato and Paul Childs, both killed in controversial Denver police shootings.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The fliers are in response to some controversial killings in Denver. Now, as wrong as those killings may be, this is NOT the way for the problem to be solved. This "program" can and will only cause more problems, for both the police and the citizens. As a side note, the flier offered no way for a person to collect the bounty. None the less, officials are taking this very, very seriously.

Related News Links:
www.9news.com

[edit on 7/27/2004 by Trojanex]

[edit on 27-7-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Here is what the flier looks like:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I believe this is an indication of the growing level of anger in this country. I believe these types of things will become more commonplace as time goes on.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Anger towards who/what?

Also, I have to disagree... putting bounties on police officers heads will not become commonplace. This will be squashed, and it will be done quickly.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trojanex
Anger towards who/what?
Also, I have to disagree... putting bounties on police officers heads will not become commonplace. This will be squashed, and it will be done quickly.

Agreed if we allow rouge groups to target police offices, pretty soon there will be anarchy. This is in all likelyhood what these groups want anyway. No doubt the FBI will be called in on this, and I hope the catch the people responsable.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Anger towards the government and all of it's representatives in general. Bounties on POs may not become common, but I believe similiar displays might as people look for was to express their disatisfaction with our leaders today.

I don't believe anyone would seriously believe the flier anyway. With no Id and no way to collect the money it would require a huge leap of faith for anyone to actually go and fufill such a bounty. This is just somebody blowing off steam over a serious grudge.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Whoever did it will probably be caught. IMO it's an individual, not a group.

df1

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
While police should not be targeted for death, offering a bounty for evidence to convict crooked police and other public officials does seem like a good idea. It seems that the local BAR association should pick up on this tactic and provide an outlet for the public frustration that would diffuse this hot situation created by these death leaflets. Also some real prosecution of corrupt officials could result.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I live in Northern Colorado, we have all been shaken by these recent shootings. I believe someone may try to fulfill this flyer. There are those who would like to kill a cop even without a reason, this is just an incentive. Hopefully, it doesnt come to that.

The group is being called an urban terrorist group. Great we have forgein and domestic terrorists against us now.

They are NEFF = Not/Never Enough Freedom Fighters

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
df1: now that is the right idea. your scenario offers a way to stop corruption the right way, without creating a scary environment where the police and public are way to jumpy.

zsand: thanks for the insight. is this the first you have ever heard out these cowards?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yes as far as I know NEFF was created in response to the shooting, I have never heard of them before.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This is NOT good.
You should understand, though, in the Frank Lobato case they burst into the bedroom of a man's home and shot an INNOCENT, UNARMED man IN HIS BED and KILLED him.

The suspect they were looking for was NO WHERE around.
Don't they scope out a scene before they go barging in, guns blazing?
If God gave you eyes, weren't they so you could look before you leap?
A brain so you could think?
Policing is a VERY tough job, but we really need some tough, intelligent, dedicated professionals, NOT trigger-happy gun slingers.

IF YOU ARE GIVEN A BADGE AND A GUN IT CARRIES WITH IT RESPONSIBILITIES.
If not, you are a dis-honorable thug and should be jailed yourself.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Your right, there are responsibilities that come with this job. IMO the office who shot the man should be brought up on charges of murder, etc.

Now, are you saying that this bounty is warranted because of what happened?

I am NOT accusing you of this, but your tone might suggest to someone that you think the bounties are warranted and justified.

Otherwise, you are exactly right... it takes a certain kind of person to do police work.

new topics

top topics

join