It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shockingly Awry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
dom

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Seems like there may be an uprising going on in Basra (listening to tv right now, they're saying Iraqi troops are firing mortars on crowds inside the city). Perhaps we spoke too soon.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Gazrock said:

"thousands more Iraqi troops have put down their weapons and gone home, following U.S. and British instructions" Thousands more, you see...

So far, sounds like it's going well to me...
--------------------------------------------------

I have to disagree here. Did you notice that the British declared Basra an open target again? The Iraqi troops that reentered the city are being led by a General who three days ago "surrendered." I have a feeling these men are "surrendering", going home, getting different weapons and coming back... this time as guerillas.

The media outlets are feeding us what we want and what the government tells them they can. This conflict could solidify the M.E. against the coalition.

I think it will get far uglier before it gets better.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It seems like the Iraqi troops have decided to dress in civilian clothes, which will make things much harder.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
"give up the right to surrender" as they seem to be doing, then no Iraqi surrender from this point on should be considered valid. Seems that they have now forfeited the right for any more of their forces to surrender, and that they have now sealed their fate. Makes things easier for us, as we no longer have to commit more troops to guarding them, and instead can commit them to fighting the enemy...

dom

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
No Gazrok, all it means is that when you move up to people with white flags, you keep your gun up, and you make sure you have overwhelming numbers...

You can't just go shooting every single soldier who's surrendering, just because some special forces have decided to stage mock surrenders.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
nor will it be the last. This happened repeatedly in the Gulf War as well. I'm not saying ignoring surrenders will happen, indeed, wouldn't be good for our international "face"...but I think it "should" happen, as that's their choice. (which I should've illustrated in the previous post). Emotion got the best of me though.

I agree, that the likely response instead, will be a more guarded stance when dealing with surrendering forces, but alas, it will lead to more US and Brit casualties...
I just "prefer" my proposed response

[Edited on 25-3-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
It seems like the Iraqi troops have decided to dress in civilian clothes, which will make things much harder.

While I am almost postive that this is the case I bet we are going to see more and more of just people like you and me who are going to take up arms. Iraq has been invaded and if the tables were turned I am sure you would do the same thing PA. We are entering the middle portion of the country which is much much more loyal to Saddam. The Shias in the south were persecuted by Saddam so of course we are going to see beaming civilians happy to shake the hands of the Coalition forces but in the middle of the country we are going to have the patriots fighting us as well as the regular army.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If someone was coming in to rid of us Bush...I just might shake their hand!
(kidding...
)

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff
How can you say this war has gone awry for the U.S.?
[Edited on 03/17/03 by nyeff]

By it starting in the first place, that should be obvious.

John Bull, great analysis.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thankyou Bout Time.I've missed reading your intellegent posts.Glad you are back.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Great dodge BT.You said nothing to answer the question.

Good to see your back though....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join