It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may have captured a ghost on video.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It looks almost like smoke, I am not sure if you are a smoker or not but it is not uncommon for it to stick in your beard or hair. I looked at it multiple times and it appears to disperse from above and then below your hand at about the same time as you pull your hand away from rubbing your beard. If you look close at your left sleeve it does overlap for just a second. While I do believe in ghost I do not think you should start packing or anything. When I was younger we would blow smoke into each others hair and run around like we were on fire, I was amazed at how long it would sit in even short hair sometimes.

I wish I knew how to slow the video down and put the awesome little circles and arrows to show the things I found. I If I am way off I will gladly apologize for not seeing the same thing.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by meeneecat

What you're seeing in that particular image you posted is obviously nothing but the effects of pareidolia at work. Sorry but that's what it is.

The figure (or whatever it is) itself from the video in the OP as It goes past the screen is is much larger than what you highlighted also.

edit on 18-4-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

What you're seeing in that particular image you posted is obviously nothing but the effects of pareidolia at work. Sorry but that's what it is.

The figure (or whatever it is) itself from the OP is much larger than what you highlighted also.

If you read my post before that you can see that I say that it's most likely attributable to some scientific/optical phenomena. NOT a ghost. I just enhanced the image and traced the shape. It's probably a reflection of a person who walked by...why I said it looks like hands/legs. I never suggested a ghost. I suggest that this is some sort of optical illusion or reflection...there obviously IS a reflection there...and it is obviously attributable to something because we all see it. I simply enhanced the image and traced what I saw. again, NOT a ghost. a reflection/optical illusion.

geez.
edit on 18-4-2011 by meeneecat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

If you read my post before that

I missed your previous post. Relax.

EDIT: Anyway, yeah what we're seeing probably is a reflection but I have to admit, It does look very interesting still.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It looks like you have captured something interesting here. My only question would be is there a window in the direction that you are facing? It could be a reflection from a passing car.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Alright Im gonna try and answer everyones questions here.

1.) I was the only one there at the time.

2.) I don't smoke, but I DO use a vaporizor to enjoy the pleasant effects of THC. I had not used my vaporizor in over an hour at the point of this video.

3.) I considered that it might be a reflection of a headlight from a passing car, but in order for that to be true it would have had to come in through a very small opening in the drapes, and then reflected off of the oven/microwave which are just off camera to the right of the screen. This seems the most plausible at this point, but I notice that the "ghost" can be seen over the opening of the door in the background which doesn't seem like it would be an area light would bounce off.

4.) Temperature was fine, had the heat set to 72, no open windows.

5.) No other weird things that I can think of to have happened here in the past. Maybe noises, but its an old building. The cats DO act weird sometimes, but I don't think its unusual cat behavior.

@Solargeddon, I wasn't aware of the "ghost" at the time. I WAS a bit out of it though.

@jinglelord It was in the evening, roughly 8:30pm, no candles. I think I addressed the rest of your questions in the above points of interest... also, i dont think the noise you heard was anything... the audio was lost in adding the slowmo unless im mistaken.

@squipp I was practising some rap lyrics

@wookiep I stroke my beard a lot... probably a nervous habit, but i don't think i was yawning or coughing, just kinda zoned out for a second

@iseekenlightenment805 I will upload the normal speed video which will include the sound as well as soon as i can... my girlfriend is on the computer i need right now.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Jack Squat because: spelling

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I have to say it is smoke... Hard to see against the beige colored wall, but if you focus on the black picture behind you can see it against that surface.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fb5f22386f9f.png[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Squat

Assuming everything you said is correct and looking at the video I think there are only 2 options:

1: Unexplained condensation causing some vapor in the house.
2: You got yourself a visitor of some sort.

I think the doorway rules out a reflection as you're right, light doesn't just magically reflect off of nothing.

S&F

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

Assuming everything you said is correct and looking at the video I think there are only 2 options:

1: Unexplained condensation causing some vapor in the house.
2: You got yourself a visitor of some sort.

I think the doorway rules out a reflection as you're right, light doesn't just magically reflect off of nothing.

S&F

Thank you for sharing.

What evidently happened in the "tether incident" video is that there was some sort of reflector in the camera and this caused the reflection. It was something internal to the camera, not something outside like a window or microwave. So might be possible, again I don't know enough about optics, so I'm only putting this out as an option, but we'd have to get an expert to look at this, as I'm not one (obviously)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

In that case I was wrong and you may have a ghost or a slip in parallel dimensions perhaps. I often see things moving around (just had eyes check still good) would be awesome to get some of it on video though.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I didn't consider that. It's probably that mixed with pareidolia then.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I've been playing with Cameras since high school, one of my more active hobbies and have done a lot of motion video type stuff too especially with web cams. While I couldn't 100% rule it out this looks nothing like any lens artifact I've ever seen.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The camera it was recorded with was the built in webcam on an iMac. The video was taken with "photo booth" and "iMovie" or whatever the video editing program it comes with is called. Sorry I havent uploaded the original unslowed one yet, still waiting for the other computer.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this video!

It does not look anything like vapor, breath or smoke to me. I see the side image of someone casually walking behind you as if carrying something in their right hand about waist high and they appear to be dressed in dark clothing.

Great ghost/dimensional capture!

I hope you do not find this new knowledge too distracting... because they do not appear to be distracted by you. This is really around all of us everywhere... we just seldom get the proof that you've stumbled upon.

But.......... for those who really don't want to know of such things..... there is always a rational explanation we can dismiss it to.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It looks like an arm and a faint mist figure walking behind you, didn't see it the first time though...
It didn't even seem like the way smoke would generally disperse through the air. Enjoy your new company...or maybe old...who knows.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
hoax CiGGy, just my thought

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
it looks like its coming from your beard... maybe dead skin?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I just thought of something else. I think I remember reading about this somewhere else and it just reminded me of it because you mentioned a microwave. I know that changes in magnetism can sometimes produce images, like the auroa borealis. Don't know if that's what this is, but I'm just putting it out there...as a possibility.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thats definately a ghost, congratulations for capturing it so perfectly. Look, dont fret about it, I know you dont even "believe" in it- but ghosts walk/wander around EVERYWHERE. Your house isnt likely haunted and its most likely just a passer by- or a deceased relative. Your very lucky to capture such a perfect apparition like you did

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

What up Jack! Ok, i looked at this one 1000 times. As a person who uses a vape also, i believe i know what this is. I do the same thing as you do, i don't have a large beard but when im reading i do rub my hand like your doing. Right when your hand goes over your nose, u must have breathed thru your nose. As the air you breathed out, prolly strong but not to strong and with your hand cupped, the air went off your left of your neck and down the left arm as the vape blew off. Things to watch in this 9 second video is when your hand goes up just about over the nose and you pause a 1/2 second then bring your hand back down. If the A/C or Heat was on it may have just turned on or off and helped the vape alone a little bit that was stuck on your shirt. Dude, theres no ghosts in that house, like said above, i wouldn't pack up yet.. Your lady friend will be the one to tell you when its time to leave.. lol

Bud316

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join