It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I may have captured a ghost on video.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I actually don't believe in ghosts, but I can't figure out what it is that appeared on my webcam and I was hoping the fine debunkers around here could give a reasonable explanation.

I was practicing some verses on my webcam for like 30 mins before this happened, but I just cut a short clip and slowed it down.

Look to the right of my head, it moves left to right and you see it on the wall and floor. Im not gonna lie, it seems very person-shaped. Looks like someone running.

www.youtube.com...

I dunno how to imbed so if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Squat

EDIT: Wow, that actually does look very cool. It certainly does look like "something" walking/running past you, no doubt about it. Doesn't look like a person to me though but definitely something. Assuming this is genuine, I have to say, nice capture.

Have you (or has someone else) ever experienced anything here before out of curiosity?
edit on 18-4-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There was no one at all anywhere around you? Because that is almost certainly an arm and then a leg with pants on. Weird.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Looks like a spirit to me, almost too good to be true. Have you had any other experiences in your home?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
No other experiences. Ive never seen or felt anything, and like I said, I typically claim to not believe in them. It really does look human shaped though. There must be some sort of explanation.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm no believer in ghosts either, but hmmm not sure what to make of that. Interesting though.

ETA: Would you mind uploading the same clip only not slowed down? I'd like to see it. Thanks.
edit on 18-4-2011 by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hmm interesting. First question is the most obvious.Was anyone around you there at the time,and if so, were they smoking anything?Perhaps were you near the fridge/freezer and someone opened it for a second allowing steam to escape?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Hmm interesting. First question is the most obvious.Was anyone around you there at the time,and if so, were they smoking anything?Perhaps were you near the fridge/freezer and someone opened it for a second allowing steam to escape?

That was my first thought too. But from the direction It came from, It seems to be moving too quick to have been smoke from a cigarette or steam from a fridge/freezer (as that would have been out of view and to the left thus having to have traveled quite a distance with that kind of speed).

That's just my observation though but hey, I'm prone to being wrong.

edit on 18-4-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing this Jack ...

I suppose if you want people to put forward logical explanations my instant response would be that it looks like a reflection in a window ... but obviously there is no window directly behind you so it can't be that.

There doesn't appear to be any other reflective surface behind you to promote this effect either.

Another thought that crossed my mind was that it could be some kind of reflective artifact from your computer screen ... but I would imagine the artifact would show itself on you ... not behind you.

It's vitually impossible to determine what it is with any certainty from such a short clip of film ... but as someone who has plenty of experience in this field (and whether you believe in ghosts or not) ... this really could be some kind of paranormal phenomenon (sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear)

Have you ever experienced anything 'unusual' in the house that you may have dismissed ?

Look forward to hearing other peoples suggestions on this.

Woody

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
OOoh that's a bit spooky pooky,

Were you aware at the time ? you look a little shell shocked

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Also important questions:

What time of day was it?

Are there windows that can possibly let light into that area?

Any other electrical appliances running esp those that emit light?

Any candles?

And of course the one already asked was anyone else around?

The reason I ask is I've seen all of these things produce "Ghosts" on my cameras.

I live in an 130 year old house with original single pane wavy windows Needless to say I see ghosts all the time.The stuff headlights from passing cars shine in the house is amazing!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Is there any woman in your home or animals? And if so do you think they feel or see things?
Sometimes women are a little bit more sensitive to their surroundings. No offence to all you guys out there.

It’s a small /petite figure of a child ghost or perhaps an alien shrouded.

To any ATS member who can take these images and enhance them for us, that would be wonderful.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Do you smoke ?
Could it be smoke from a cigarette ?

Practising verses?, what does that mean, im danish

edit on 18-4-2011 by Squiip because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Forgive if I missed it, but I haven't seen that you've verified if there was anyone in the house with you at the time. It looks to me like someone walking/running "between the frames" of your web cam. Cool vid, though!

/TOA

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Squat
I actually don't believe in ghosts, but I can't figure out what it is that appeared on my webcam and I was hoping the fine debunkers around here could give a reasonable explanation.

I was practicing some verses on my webcam for like 30 mins before this happened, but I just cut a short clip and slowed it down.

Look to the right of my head, it moves left to right and you see it on the wall and floor. Im not gonna lie, it seems very person-shaped. Looks like someone running.

www.youtube.com...

I dunno how to imbed so if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

I can't give you any sort of magical answer as the image is really quite a lot clearer than we usually see in these posted ones, and definately does not look "doctored'.

What was the temperature and humidity at the time because it could, perhaps, be your condensed breath?

edit on 18/4/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Interesting. I have to ask, was your hand over your mouth (just before it appears) because you were coughing or yawning?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
First playthrough it became obvious that you coughed or expelled something behind your hand.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I do agree with others that it looks like a reflection. Is it possible that it could be a reflection on the lens/glass of the camera you are using? What other light sources are in the room?

I'm not too familiar with the subject, but it could be some sort of optical phenomena cause by reflection...I remember on UFO hunters they were able to reproduce the infamous "tether" incidence using a video camera, showing that it was probably some sort of optical illusion. I don't know...would need to probably ask someone with more knowledge about this sort of thing. I tend to want to think there's a scientific explanation as I'm generally not a believer in ghosts...but I suppose anything's possible. Either way, it is cool!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Anyone listen with the volume up?

There is definitely a sound just as the "Ghost" appears.

I think something moved and caused a reflection. That or the cough theory.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Maybe this will help. Looks like a person...you can see legs and an arm, and what is probably part of the head. (sorry the red markings are not that dark, I have my tablet sensitivities set all the way down)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/431c84887f37.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1be426548524.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join