It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burn Your Money

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Most people on this site agree that money is lie, the root of all evil etc. We would like to see a world without it making worthless people powerful. Yet do any of us have the courage to really do something about it? Can we all unite to refuse to pay our credit cards, burn our money, force our government and society to adopt a system and makes us prosper as humans rather than disenfranchise us as serfs. I, like most everyone else, am waiting for that one person to get organized, others organized, to start fixing the ills of our world. I think I'm afraid people wont listen to me, or I wont set a good enough example to lead, or the government will single me out. I want so much for everyone to have food, a home, and the dignity of life that is our birthright, but I don't know where to start. And if the many billionaires out there can barely lift a finger to create viable prosperity for their human brother and sisters, then where does a broke american start? Where can we start?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You go first, hopefully everyone else will follow, if they do, then count me in

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sunqueen30

It will only work if 200 million of the
300 million Americans do it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Haha Yep you stick your head out from behind cover first. If the sniper is asleep on the job and you make it out in one piece I'm right behind ya! You have my full support...from a distance. Seriously though the OP is right someone is going to have to get us all started and organized. Soon too or we won't have the internet to do so with.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

If it isn't gold, it's currency. If it isn't currency it's skills. If it isn't skills we barter.
I don't know where this will end but there will always be something, we do something for!

Until we evolve that is.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I would follow and would help lead. I shall wait and so shall you

Peace is with us all,
An

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'll save you the mess, send your money to me and I will gladly burn it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Hardy har smarty pants, lol. Send me your address

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Everyone calls for the removal of the monetary system yet no one can offer a realistic alternative, if all money just disappeared how do you buy your food? How do you get your electricity, gas, oil, water? Who will take your refuse away? Who will heal you?

Even if someone could come up with an alternative it would only be abused, in communism for example there is meant to be equality for everyone, but blatantly there isn't equality in communism, people are greedy, they crave power, well a certain element do, and that will never change.

While like you I crave a change, wish it was different no one can come up with an idea that doesn't throw us back into the dark ages, and I don't want that either. Equality can never truly exist because people are not equal, some are smarter, some stronger, some prettier superficial you may think, but people desire smarter, stronger prettier people and that always will give some an advantage over others and it is human nature to exploit that.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Better yet, everyone send their money to me and I'll burn it.
I promise!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
we're trapped in this system and you know it. fight to live or die trying.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Yet this planet was originally intented for us to eat the fruit off the tree for free. Drink delicious cold water from streams. Spend our days making love and looking at the clouds. What the hell is this illusional rat race we have covered all of that with? Can someone please tell me why?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Yeah I agree you go first!!!

ALS

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

those thoughts lie within every person, yet the powers retain their so called right of control over us to make sure we only have limited feelings like those. we know life can be like that, so 'they' do everything in their power to make sure it can't.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Yet this planet was originally intented for us to eat the fruit off the tree for free. Drink delicious cold water from streams. Spend our days making love and looking at the clouds. What the hell is this illusional rat race we have covered all of that with? Can someone please tell me why?

As beautiful as this sounds I would probably kill myself after a while from boredom.
A utopian concept is different for every person in utopia.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
Everyone calls for the removal of the monetary system yet no one can offer a realistic alternative, if all money just disappeared how do you buy your food? How do you get your electricity, gas, oil, water? Who will take your refuse away? Who will heal you?

Even if someone could come up with an alternative it would only be abused, in communism for example there is meant to be equality for everyone, but blatantly there isn't equality in communism, people are greedy, they crave power, well a certain element do, and that will never change.

While like you I crave a change, wish it was different no one can come up with an idea that doesn't throw us back into the dark ages, and I don't want that either. Equality can never truly exist because people are not equal, some are smarter, some stronger, some prettier superficial you may think, but people desire smarter, stronger prettier people and that always will give some an advantage over others and it is human nature to exploit that.

PrinceDreamer the monetary system isn't the problem. Currency is an improvement over the barter system, it is for your convenience, and it should be to serve you. We shouldn't be in service to TPTB as a manipulated slave labor pool resource mindlocked by false government and mass religions that do more harm than good while madmen send our boys and girls to send & receive wartime horrors around the globe. TPTB have horribly misled humanity away from nature and goodness, retarding our true selves from being that which we wish to be.

Perhaps we will never have equality, and for the very reason you made: because it will never exist in peoples minds. Thats okay, adults should know what they like and dislike. Everything comes with its price.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It does seem a lot of people are looking for change these days.. somewhat drastic change at that. I do see a relatively common thread - everyone is waiting for someone to stand up and lead - someone to take the first step. The problem with that is that whenever someone is put in a place of power/leadership - greed takes over. Greed for money and power is an addiction - the more they have the more they want. Even if a drastic changes happens - anyone in power will eventually lead us back to the same path.

Part of the solution has to include the ability for everyone to lead themselves and become independent of the systems they loath. Learn to be self sufficient - grow your own food, find friends and neighbors that are willing to trade goods/services. Start your own revolution right in your own backyard. Generate your own power (albeit this is a tough one!) We all have become so reliant on energy/oil - it is a major reason why TPTB have us all by the balls. I certainly don't want to be brought back to the stone age anymore that everyone else but the fact is - if you don't want to pay and you can't create your own - then we all just need to use less.

It would be a long and painful road to change but it seems that our current road laid out for us by TPTB is looking a lot worse.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sunqueen30
reply to post by SirMike

Hardy har smarty pants, lol. Send me your address

How bout my PayPal account?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
best part is life can be like that we just gotta make it like that. stop repressing those thoughts and let everyone have it and we can all share it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum

As beautiful as this sounds I would probably kill myself after a while from boredom.
A utopian concept is different for every person in utopia.

I forgot to add free sharing of knowledge, art, and education as well, Like in Ancient Greece and Rome where the philosophers would tell their stories and share their ideas. I can't live without books either. OUr lives should be about sharing the beauty in our hearts and minds, not making someone else rich for 10 bucks an hour.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join