It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot on Vermont trail cam?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I originally saw a mention of a possible picture of Sasquatch on Cryptomundo this morning.

The story is that a gentleman in Vermont has a trail cam on his property. After noticing his apple orchard had been raided nightly back in late summer, 2010 he got this weird picture on the cam.

There was a link to a more complete background story and an analysis of the photo from Dr. Bruce MacCabee at Saquatchdetective.com

At first I though the picture looked like a bird with significant feather loss but the analysis from Dr. MacCabee seems to rule out a bird. Then I thought is might be two coyotes fighting or wrestling but what looks like tiny little hand holding onto the bigger figure kind of ruled that out.

If this is a saquatch does it have mange or is it just a darker coat with lighter fur patches?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by angrywhitechick

Strange they only have the 1 image, most trail cams are motion activated and take a few snaps for the motion, wonder why we only have the 1 image.

Anyways, it does look humanoid, looks really close to a well made gilly suit a friend of mine had.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I have to second the notion of a camo/gilly suit situation. Looks like someone in camo bending over to tie a shoe.

Definitely an interesting image though.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is very interesting. I can't think of what it's not. It's not a deer, it doesn't appear to be a bear. The white patches are also something weird. Some trail cams can be set to only take one pic every 10 seconds or so from the time something trips it, to conserve on film, so that's not so weird to only have one photo. I wish this guy had it set to take more pictures.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Maybe a ripped suit with a white t-shirt underneath?

The more I look at the white splotches the more it looks like it is underneath the "hair."

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

What do you make of what they are saying might be a little infant hand holding on?

Maybe just part of the camo pattern?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Yeah I'm starting to think it might just be a guy in a ghillie suit. I hope I spelled that right. Someone illegally hunting on this guy land is probably the most plausible explanation. I'll still hope one day good conclusive proof of bigfoot. I'll put this in my bin of possibilitly.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MKultraVideos

The other pictures at Sasquatchdetective.com show that there were what looked like coyotes on the property.

What do you think of two of those as the culprits?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrywhitechick
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

What do you make of what they are saying might be a little infant hand holding on?

Maybe just part of the camo pattern?

Are you reffering to that weird area near the shoulder?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MKultraVideos

This is a (I admit it is fuzzy) close up shot of what they were saying might be a little hand.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I wonder how far away this guy's orchard is from Whitehall, NY? I used to live about 20 miles from Whitehall, and they have had reports of Bigfoot in that area, confirmed by the Sheriff's Dept., local police, politicians, and the like. I think they were featured on MonsterQuest not too long ago.

I added some lines and arrows to the original picture to give you a glimpse at what I personally see when I'm looking at this photo.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5040a0d5c712.jpg[/atsimg]

Now, it could very well be someone in a gorilla suit, but with the musculature of the left arm, that I have highlighted, the prominence of the left knee cap/muscle, and just the general shape of the head, I would have to say that, in my opinion, this is one of the more convincing photographs I have seen related to Bigfoot.

Just my $.02.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker
edit on 18-4-2011 by truthseeker1984 because: edit to adjust picture size

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Nice analysis truthseeker. I would say that is probably a knee cap. Now what's that object that's below the small hand/ knee cap. It's not in any of the other picture taken during the investigation but it kinda come off as possible a gun stock or barrel. Looks real smooth to be a branch to me. Your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
For all you "flatlanders", they're not called coyotes in Vermont. They are called coy-dogs. Mountain lions are called Catamounts n' flatlanders from Massachusetts are called Massholes. I like colloquialism's ! Peace! Long live the Grateful Dead!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKultraVideos
Nice analysis truthseeker. I would say that is probably a knee cap. Now what's that object that's below the small hand/ knee cap. It's not in any of the other picture taken during the investigation but it kinda come off as possible a gun stock or barrel. Looks real smooth to be a branch to me. Your thoughts.

On first glance, to me, it does look like a small caliber rifle stock/beginning of the rifle barrel, but as in the general case of this picture, your mind sees what it wants to see. I wish the angle of the photo panned down another 3-4 degrees, because then we could get a really good look at what is between this thing's legs sitting on the ground. It could be a branch, it could be a gun, heck, it could be a rock. If we could find out in what part of Vermont this is in, I could make a better guess of what is on the ground, based on the soil composition and rule out a large rock (as stupid as it sounds, it's important, because if we can rule out the possibility of a gun we can make a better assessment about the "creature").

But like I said, the mind sees what it wants to see, and I can definitely see what you're talking about, but I'm not going to jump to any conclusions about that.

If this were a suit, then it must be a really expensive one, as I can clearly see the muscle definition of the body. The "balding spots" look similar to the mange I have seen on feral cats and feral dogs. This would also go along with the reports of people on the Northeastern New York/Vermont border, that have claimed to have seen Bigfoot more than once. I'll see if I can find and link some articles from Whitehall, NY, as I was quite familiar with that area.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker
edit on 18-4-2011 by truthseeker1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Nice! Thanks for doing that.

Any thoughts on the white patches?

(edit) I see you addressed the patches.

I am familiar with the NY sightings. I have to say that those are some of the more convincing witness reports that I have seen.
edit on 4/18/2011 by angrywhitechick because: Already addressed my issue in another post.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Yup, like I said in my previous post, I believe it could be mange. I've seen similar looking patches on feral dogs and feral cats with mange, and there's nothing to say that it couldn't be passed on to a primate-like species. I just don't personally think this is a guy in a gorilla suit though. The muscle definition is too realistic to deny, and even if this is a hoax, why would a person go out and buy a really expensive gorilla suit (with life-like muscle definition) to steal apples from a guy's orchard? Doesn't make too much sense to me.

Do you have any idea on what part of Vermont this photo was taken? It would certainly help narrow down the location of this sighting.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Whatever this thing is, it is very large. When the researcher does his recreation of the stance, the thing has a ton more mass than he does.

Mange would explain the patches, I can't see to many hunters wearing white out to hunt, animals can spot that pretty easy. It's also weird why someone would hunt that late in full ghillie suit. Seems a bit dangerous, especially if someone with a gun thought they're looking at bigfoot. And I do know hunters who avoid ghillie suits with no large orange markings, because they can look like a bear or bigfoot. And all the hunters I know have assured me they would shoot a bigfoot without thinking twice.

So i guess until we get more info on this, It's either a very large stupid hunter who ties his shoes with a gun dangerously close to the crotch region, or a sasquatch.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here are some links to a few different website cataloging the sightings in the Adirondack area of NY, including the famous Whitehall Sightings:

NESRA Reports

And another from the BFRO

I'll post more as I find more articles and reports dealing with Bigfoot in this area of the country.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

On a second good look at the mystery object. Do you think it could possibly be the "things" right foot. The arch in the object looks a bit like an arch of the top of a foot.

Thanks for the other reports, I'm reading them now.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Im not sure about this being Bigfoot - I personally think its just an animal caught at a weird angle by the trail cam. The spotty patches remind me a lot of wolves & coyotoes that i've seen before. These wolves can get huge as well. Imagine having this animal come after you?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c7aa98b6d8e.jpg[/atsimg]

I think the trail cam may have captured a coyote as its turning its head and biting/scratching near its tail.
edit on 4/18/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join