It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran new U.S. whipping boy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Reading the replies of these young men makes me think of Germany right before they took Poland - then Europe.

It might not happen in our life time but mark my words the U.S. will subjugate the world with europe. It's inevitable and so is the fall of every empire.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Let me ask everyone who posted here. Who here actually wants to go to war with Iran here?

I don't want war with anyone. However, I am not afraid to say when war and force are needed.

IMHO, full fledged war is not needed. Just a cruise missle or PGM from an Isreali aircraft to take out that nuclear reactor. That is assuming that they keep their nuclear weapon abition.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7
Reading the replies of these young men makes me think of Germany right before they took Poland - then Europe.

It might not happen in our life time but mark my words the U.S. will subjugate the world with europe. It's inevitable and so is the fall of every empire.

Don't even compare the US to Nazi Germany - the governments, policy, and ambition are completely different.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Let me ask everyone who posted here. Who here actually wants to go to war with Iran here?

What kind of a question is that?
Do you think that anyone in their right mind, including all the Generals and Admirals, would want to go to war with anyone?

I was going to answer that for you, but I'm going to spare the trouble it would be for the Mods to U2U me and tell me to cool off!

War is necessary at times! And this is, like it or not, one of those times! Period!

And if Iranian government is ignorant enough to even think they can get away with the production of nuclear arms, then they'll be putting their own, innocent citizens in harms way! Period!

I don't want to see it come to that and never wanted Iraq to come to what it did, but it did and you can blame it all on Saddam Hussein! Nobody elses fault, but the ex-leadership of Iraq!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

I don't want to see it come to that and never wanted Iraq to come to what it did, but it did and you can blame it all on Saddam Hussein! Nobody elses fault, but the ex-leadership of Iraq!

Ahem, I most be mistaken but, can you explain what did Sadam do to the US? did he attack us? did he send his own Iraqi terrorist to do the 9/11? I am confused what did Sadam or the Iraqi people has done to US?

And does anybody remember bin-laden anymore?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Don't even compare the US to Nazi Germany - the governments, policy, and ambition are completely different.

but the gap is closing... At least in peoples mentality. Some use use conquest, some use religion, some use paranoia.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Sadam did attack the US several times. He even sent a terrorist group of assasins here to the US but failed to assasinate the former president Bush. Sadam agreed to surrender terms after the Persian Gulf war but repeatedly broke those ceasefire terms by firing at our aircraft.

Saying Sadam never attacked the US is sort of like the minister of information in Iraq saying US forces are nowhere close to Bagdad when they were just around the block.

I am not in favor of war with Iran or anyone else. However when someone says they want to kill you and your family and they have already attacked your country, you are at war with them like it or not. If a foreign country is training or making safe harbor for these people, then you are a target and have sided with the enemy. Is Iran harboring terrorists? If so then Iran needs to kick them out so we can be at peace.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   

If we stop restraining ourselves, you would see the real power of the US. If we fought like these terrorists, there would be no one left to fight because we would have killed every last person in any country we wanted.

we all have seen this
when things get to tough ( you lot have no regard for human life )

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
War is necessary at times! And this is, like it or not, one of those times! Period!

And if Iranian government is ignorant enough to even think they can get away with the production of nuclear arms, then they'll be putting their own, innocent citizens in harms way! Period!

The fact that you think war is necessary shows that you want a war. War, like just about everything in life, is a choice, and choice is just about the only black and white thing we have going in the world today. Either you choose to or you don't.

Given that, by saying you are going to war "as necessary" means that you want war, because why else would you choose to go to war? In a "pre-emptive" stance, especially. You have a choice in everything and especially in the case of pre-emptive war, you certainly have a MAJOR choice and some sort of extra motivation is required to pull the trigger.

Pearl Harbor, that's something different. But a situation like Iran, that's different.

BTW, don't restrain yourself from flaming! It is what you do best.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Of course what do you expect from Bush his daddy wasn't successful as a bully so he had to be better and unfortunatley this time if he hits Iran the US may end up not needing the moon to provide light at night cause this time he may be stomping on a little guy with a bigger stick in his hand and those peaceful nuke programs are going to end up on our front door in the morning with our daily news papers blowing the H*ll out of us all Im not ready to support a fight with the only reason being that nukes are being made when any country qualifying as a "Major World Power" has nukes right now we are developing new dirty nukes ourselves that are specifically designed to provide a concentrated nuclear blast inside of any bunker like structure we wish to drop it on so excuse me for not wanting this hypocracy do as I say not as I do mentality to be unleashed by Bush on Iran dont piss off the Bear cub backed into a corner you may find he is deadlier than his father bear

[edit on 15/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by zurvan

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Hey were not going to nuke you guys ok. But I'm saying it is an option that won't have as many consequences as people think. Sorry if you took it personal.

Are you saying if you just decided to go to a country and to save you the hassle of invasion nuked them to # it wont have any consequences?

You must know to subdue the whole Iran you need a few of those tined sun shines. How do you think russia, china , pakistan, turkey would feel about having a complete radioactive region next to them?

no consequences? please

I never said there wouldn't be consequences. Ok it would be an enviromental disaster, we would have realations problems with several nations, and every terrorist in the world would be gunning for us (what else is new). But in reality what is can the international community do about it. Let's just say that you're the leader of what ever country you pick, and let's say the US did nuke Iran (which we won't) what would you do about it. I personally don't want a war with Iran but if it happens there isn't a whole lot Iran can do to prevent invasion.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by snoopy

but the gap is closing... At least in peoples mentality. Some use use conquest, some use religion, some use paranoia.

No - the gap is as big as it has ever been. Like I said, don't compare the two, because they have nothing in common.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

No - the gap is as big as it has ever been. Like I said, don't compare the two, because they have nothing in common.

Yeah that's true - Hitler was actually elected, unlike our leader now.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

If we stop restraining ourselves, you would see the real power of the US. If we fought like these terrorists, there would be no one left to fight because we would have killed every last person in any country we wanted.

we all have seen this
when things get to tough ( you lot have no regard for human life )

Oh please - the US pussy foots around everytime we go to war just to keep as many people unharmed as we can.

My point is, that terrorists use the most destructive power they have, with no regard for human life. The repeatedly and purposfully target civs and children. The US purposefully does everything we can to avoid this.

If we were to act like these terrorists that we are fighting, almost every muslim in the world would be dead because the US has the power to do that if it so wanted. Now, if terrorist had that power, do you think they would kill every christian and jew? I believe they would because they have said they would.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Don't tell me not to compare it to Hitler because there ARE similarities. Only problem is that they make Hitler look better than Bush. And we seem to be killing a lot more people than the Terrorists have. And you mention fighting the terrorists, which is an oxymoron when it comes to Iraq. Stop buying into the BS they are feeding everyone. There always has been and always will be terrorism no matter now many countries we invade. Only the more we invade the more terrorists we will breed. And remember that these guys teling you that we are constantly under an impending terrorist attack by any one at any time so we got to kill kill kill are the same assholes who told you to duck under your desk in case of a nuclear attack.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Wow, many of the posts in this thread are bordering on paranoia. Firstly. I don't think Saddam had any intentions of attacking the US. His only true fault was that he had a big ego. He was ambitious in that he would be regarded as a great leader to the Iraqi diaspora. His envy was towards the Iranians not the US. Since historically, the persians have invaded Mesopotamia (Iraq)and boast a better culture than the arabs. His invasion of Kuwait was done as a matter of pride. For centuries, Iraq has laid claim to Kuwait as one of its own territories. This dispute goes way back to the British division of territories. Again, the British, popularly accredited to most of the world's land disputes (Kuwait-Iraq, Palestinian-Israel, Pakistan-India, Northern Ireland-Ireland, Catholics-Protestants) had decided the "Divide and Rule" policy to be the only way to govern vast lands and keep them loyal to the British.

The US just turned around the moment Iraq invaded Kuwait. That was because George HW Bush had his money in Kuwaiti Oil. He could not walk away from it. So he sent troops in. But to his benefit, one has to say, that he had no intention of oustering Saddam, thereby leaving Iraq still fairly secure and religiously secular. But the new US government had another agenda. Their own frustrations of the limited 1991 war forced the US to another war to take out Saddam. This was done mostly to satisfy the fat-a$$ed neo cons (aka, Rumsfeld, Cheney, and Ashcroft). This war had nothing to do with the "war on terrorism". Had it been so, US would have concentrated on the Iranian Hamas that do daily suicide bombings in Israel, the Palestinian Al-Aqsa Martyrs brigade, the Indonesian Jama-et-Islamiyah, the Iranian Al-Qaeda cells and the Kashmiri Lakshar-e-Toiba et all groups. The US did nothing but let the victimized countries to fend for themselves. This shows the double standards.

All they wanted was Saddam's a$$. And recent investigations prove that Saddam really never wanted to develop WMD after 1991 Gulf War. He even destroyed his chemical and biological weaponry. But he wanted to keep the ILLUSION alive, so as to keep Iran at bay. He was also egotistical and wanted to be seen as the last arab standing up against the mighty US. And mind you though the arabs adore americana in terms of coolness, movies and culture, the US government (and CIA especially) is not trusted nor regarded as without bias due to its policies in the region.

However as any dictator, Saddam had his own fair share of heinous crimes enforced to keep his country stable and secular. The US (by proxy) actively supported him in the 80s when 'chemical ali' gassed the kurds. So it amazes me that whenever a question is raised about what Saddam had done, the first thing that most in this present administration say is that he was such a brute to gas his own people! C'mon, take the blind off yur own eyes first, will ya!

Similarly, it seems like now it's Iran's turn to be the US's punching bag. All based on paranoia and pure speculation. Realistically speaking, Iranians are not a threat. Where majority of the Iranians are peaceloving, young (majority of the population are below 30 and do not remember the Shah or the revolution) and share similar interests to that of the western youths. They are tolerant to other religions (even jews) and do not subscribe to the Saudi export brand of Wahhabism practised by Taliban, Saudis, and Pakistani warlords, since they are Shi'ites and not Sunnis. Iranians are also subject to prejudice by arabs themselves since they are not considered 'pure'.

Now if the US wants to go to war to Iran, fine. But I know for a fact that the Iranian youth will not just sit back and take it. For they are born fighters. And therein lies the real threat of "Terrorism".

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

I guess you missed that whole election/electoral college thing 4 years ago...

Get over it. Bush won. Gore lost. Quite crying.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Don't tell me not to compare it to Hitler because there ARE similarities. Only problem is that they make Hitler look better than Bush.

You insult every human who died at the hands of Hitler and Nazi Germany by saying that.

Even in total deaths (regardless of reason) they are not even remotly in the same league. With Bush you are talking about thousands dead. With Hitler you are talking MILLIONS.

Better then Bush? Do you see Nazi death camps in the US? Or torture because of your religion ordered by Bush? You lack basic history if you can honestly make this statement

And we seem to be killing a lot more people than the Terrorists have. And you mention fighting the terrorists, which is an oxymoron when it comes to Iraq. Stop buying into the BS they are feeding everyone. There always has been and always will be terrorism no matter now many countries we invade.

I agree that there most likely wil always be terrorism in some form or another. The point of going to war is to disrupt and deny those groups from being cohesive and to remoe any gvernment that supports them. Saddam supported terrorism. THAT IS AN UNDENIABLE FACT. IT IS PROVEN HE PAID MONEY TO SUICIDE BOMBERS. Thus, we removed a supporter of terrorism, and replaced it with a freedom supporting democracy. That is a good thing for everyone but terrorists.

Only the more we invade the more terrorists we will breed. And remember that these guys teling you that we are constantly under an impending terrorist attack by any one at any time so we got to kill kill kill are the same assholes who told you to duck under your desk in case of a nuclear attack.

No - if we invade nations that support terrorism we are denying them the ability to cohesivly attack the US. They may fight our soldiers in their country, but thats what the military is for - TO FIGHT FOR US. Better them fight soldiers in another country then to fight or civs in the US.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

I guess you missed that whole election/electoral college thing 4 years ago...

Get over it. Bush won. Gore lost. Quite crying.

It's like Jeb Bush says "Elections don't just fix themselves ya know."

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
No american, YOU are insulting every human by supporting what Bush is doing. You think Hitler started out by attacking everyone and killed everyone in one swoop? No it was little by little "oops, we don't do it again, it was just this little thing". And the little things added up. I never claimed this is the same, just similar and you don't knwo where it's going. Today Iraq, tomorrow Iran, the NK, then who knows, it can go on and on. All the while never even considering the countries where many terrorists come from like Sudia Arabia. It's ok to overlook that right? WE're disrupting the terrorists so long as we don't disturb the ones that make our leads a lot of money, right? THAT is an insult to every human. They offered some money to some suicide bombers so we invade a country? How about the country that had guys who flew some planes into a building? Some of those suicide bombers are fighting in the only way they know. As if the Israel murdering is perfectly OK. It's wrong to kill, but from their view they are fighing opression, it's not black and white. Why aren't we helping the Palastinians? Let's also mention that funding suicide bombers was not the reason for going to war. Why wasn't it? Because if it was, no one would have approved it. So lets stop insulting humanity by justifying pre-emptive killing and justifying it as good. Let's stop buying our administrations crap which the rest of the world so easily sees through.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join