It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Wear a headscarf or we will kill you': How the 'London Taliban' is threatening women and trying

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
anyone interested in an american point of view?

need some help?

just askin', i'm sure our uk bro's have it under control.

you got it under control, right?

right?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Doubtful?

What I see around me is muslims 'sticking up' for eachother. Even the modest muslims I know can 'understand' why the taliban does certain things. They do not approve, but yet they do understand. There's a very, very fine line between a 'good muslim' and a total nutjob.

link   
Many Christian women wear headscarfs. I hope they don't get mistaken for being muslim.

link   
Very slowly, but very very surely Britain is becoming the proverbial powder keg over many many things, we may be slow to bring to the boil but when we get there we are a very implacable foe.

There WILL be blood spilt on the streets of our once great nation and I am resigned to the fact that some of it may well be mine. I am fully prepared to fight and die for the chance of a better future for the younger generations to grow up in (I'm in no way a racist, I'm more than happy to fight alongside people of any colour or creed who want embrace the traditional British way of life)

British Government be warned; there is only one of ME but WE ARE LEGION and we are ANGRY

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

right?

*Shakes head, looks down*

No we don't Fooks, no we don't.

ALS
edit on 18-4-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Now the links aren't working, don't know why. Try it this way:

here

This is a very big story because its not just random acts, its organized, and the way the authorities are dealing with it, is collusional.

Maybe, but I think it might also be just not wanting to upset the islamic community so treating such extremist retoric with baby gloves.
Which of course only encourages the whole lot to go further

Gotta admit, even though I disagree with their ruling overall on philosophical grounds, France taking a hard stand is pretty impressive and a refreshing challenge to this nonsense.

The people of the west also need to stop relying soo much on their government to fix it...the reason this isn't much of an issue in the US isn't because the police will intercede...its ultimately because should some extremist radicals start threatening women to wear headgear and such in public, they would be met in a parking lot with a few truckfulls of good ole boys with bats and a nourished racist trait looking for an excuse.

not agreeing with the lynch mob mentality, but the point of people acting as a community to ensure their liberties is far more effective than waiting for the politicallly correct police to take action.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeenieWeenie
Many Christian women wear headscarfs. I hope they don't get mistaken for being muslim.

not a chance, but thanks for your concern.

you should get a medal for being concerned.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

This is outrageous. Even a non muslim woman working in a pharmacy was threatened to change her attire or be boycotted. She went to turn this in to authorities and then was threatened with her life and now is on leave at her job, perhaps about to lose it.

This is occurring behind the scenes in the UK, and is coming to light only now, the threats and no authorities seem to be addressing it, at least as depicted by the woman workers situation. This should not be happening.

Sharia law theocracy is something that needs to be completely denounced and this problem is one that needs to be dealt with in a peaceful, but assertive way.

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1377780/London-Taliban-targeting-women-gays-bid-impose-sharia-law.html#ixzz1JnlrswuU]www.dailymail.co.uk[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Dude this is false flag. Muslims are the convenient target. Later TPTB will target other groups.

Its all about control and fear.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by fooks

*Shakes head, looks down*

No we don't Fooks, no we don't.

ALS

ok, just trying to be helpful.

ya on ya own then!

cheers!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I disagree. There is a solution. Send their arab asses back to the Mideast. Time to take our countries back from these islamofascist thugs.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
sure....

I'll wear a headscarf...

AND NOTHING ELSE!!!

bahahahaha

and I'll scream "the british are coming! the british are coming!" while galloping in the streets.
But I assure you, my intent is not to offend.

link   
Since many posters here express strong feelings of dislike, distaste, and hatred for gayness, I'm assuming they agree with the Taliban on that part, right?

link   

Originally posted by snewpers

Doubtful?

What I see around me is muslims 'sticking up' for eachother. Even the modest muslims I know can 'understand' why the taliban does certain things. They do not approve, but yet they do understand. There's a very, very fine line between a 'good muslim' and a total nutjob.

I guess my experience then about british muslim men is different than your experience...but then again, who is going to talk to admit anything to an american (sitting in the uk) anyhow, so they may have been portraying a completely different mindset to me...but still, sanity is sanity...muslims bleed red, like watching soccer, etc...they are humans, therefore their reason and rationale is also the same as anyone else..

I can understand why the westboro baptist church does what it does and what they are standing up for..
Understanding is critical to resolving the issue...next time you talk to such a muslim person, follow it up with "well, since you understand, how would you resolve this issue"...they may have some good ideas since they understand the issue at play here.
edit on 18-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I ment with this:

right?

We really do need help!

ALS

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
Since many posters here express strong feelings of dislike, distaste, and hatred for gayness, I'm assuming they agree with the Taliban on that part, right?

Posters HERE said that? Where?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Dude this is false flag. Muslims are the convenient target. Later TPTB will target other groups.

anyone EVER OUT THE POWERS THAT BE?

who are they?? wait!

people we will never know?

ok, they suck, but who are they?!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

I disagree. There is a solution. Send their arab asses back to the Mideast. Time to take our countries back from these islamofascist thugs.

Aren't you in America?
This is the UK being discussed here...taking back our country in that context = invading britian..

not that I wouldn't get a chuckle over the irony, but really...we cannot afford another war! and besides, a 250 year delay in response may be seen as a bit ineffective overall..gotta do it within the same decade at the very least I would think.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
Let me say this. Homosexuality disgusts me, so I do not engage in the practice. Does that mean I want you all dead? No. Why can't we all just keep our sexuality in the bedroom?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

This is outrageous. Even a non muslim woman working in a pharmacy was threatened to change her attire or be boycotted. She went to turn this in to authorities and then was threatened with her life and now is on leave at her job, perhaps about to lose it.

This is occurring behind the scenes in the UK, and is coming to light only now, the threats and no authorities seem to be addressing it, at least as depicted by the woman workers situation. This should not be happening.

Sharia law theocracy is something that needs to be completely denounced and this problem is one that needs to be dealt with in a peaceful, but assertive way.

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1377780/London-Taliban-targeting-women-gays-bid-impose-sharia-law.html#ixzz1JnlrswuU]www.dailymail.co.uk[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

wow, how'd you do that?

we got messed up right?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Because most of them were born here. The older generation is rarely caught up in this 'extremist' controversy it's usually younger reverts or children of liberal Muslims (often 2nd or 3rd generation) who don't even understand their own religion who embrace this extremist nonsense.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join