Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

'Wear a headscarf or we will kill you': How the 'London Taliban' is threatening women and trying

page: 5
39
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


Yes but every group doesnt have them going into your stores and harrasing the workers to wear their shrouds? Thats a big step up in my books. Never heard of such a case here in Canada, and there would be a thorough investigation done as well. Whereas in her case, the cops seemed to be directly linked to the ones making the threats so she got an even more severe threat given.




posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
The sharia cave man stuff is a cancer on society. This is what happens when you let mosques pop up all over the place. Tolerance will only make the situation worse, historical fact which nobody can argue against.


Extremists are extremists are extremists.

Every group has them.


Nope.
Name one thing Buhdists are forcing people on the street to do by threat of death?
Name one thing Hindus are forcing people on the streets to do by threat of death?
Name one thing Christians are forcing people on the streets to do by threat of death?
Name one thing Atheists are forcing people on the streets to do by threat of death?



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
The sharia cave man stuff is a cancer on society. This is what happens when you let mosques pop up all over the place. Tolerance will only make the situation worse, historical fact which nobody can argue against.


Extremists are extremists are extremists.

Every group has them.


Nope.
Name one thing Buhdists are forcing people on the street to do by threat of death?
Name one thing Hindus are forcing people on the streets to do by threat of death?
Name one thing Christians are forcing people on the streets to do by threat of death?
Name one thing Atheists are forcing people on the streets to do by threat of death?


Buddhist extremists target Christian churches in Sri Lanka

Dec 30, 2003

Sri Lankan churches came under attack again this Sunday by organized groups of Buddhist extremists led by influential monks, according to Police sources.

Two Christian churches were attacked amid mounting inter-religious tensions according to the police. This incident - which comes four days after unrest at a cremation of a controversial Buddhist monk who know for stirring Sinhala nationalist sentiments - is the latest in a pattern of violence against churches in Sri Lanka, police sources further told TNS.

www.tamileelamnews.com...

Hindu extremists' reward to kill Christians, as Britain refuses to bar members
Rhys Blakely in Bombay

November 20, 2008

Extremist Hindu groups offered money, food and alcohol to mobs to kill Christians and destroy their homes, according to Christian aid workers in the eastern state of Orissa.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

The allegations follow the British Government’s refusal to prevent members of two radical groups linked to the worst antiChristian violence in India since Partition entering Britain.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
The sharia cave man stuff is a cancer on society. This is what happens when you let mosques pop up all over the place. Tolerance will only make the situation worse, historical fact which nobody can argue against.


Extremists are extremists are extremists.

Every group has them.


Nope.
Name one thing Buhdists are forcing people on the street to do by threat of death?
Name one thing Hindus are forcing people on the streets to do by threat of death?
Name one thing Christians are forcing people on the streets to do by threat of death?
Name one thing Atheists are forcing people on the streets to do by threat of death?


Buddhist extremists target Christian churches in Sri Lanka

Dec 30, 2003

Sri Lankan churches came under attack again this Sunday by organized groups of Buddhist extremists led by influential monks, according to Police sources.

Two Christian churches were attacked amid mounting inter-religious tensions according to the police. This incident - which comes four days after unrest at a cremation of a controversial Buddhist monk who know for stirring Sinhala nationalist sentiments - is the latest in a pattern of violence against churches in Sri Lanka, police sources further told TNS.

www.tamileelamnews.com...

Hindu extremists' reward to kill Christians, as Britain refuses to bar members
Rhys Blakely in Bombay

November 20, 2008

Extremist Hindu groups offered money, food and alcohol to mobs to kill Christians and destroy their homes, according to Christian aid workers in the eastern state of Orissa.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

The allegations follow the British Government’s refusal to prevent members of two radical groups linked to the worst antiChristian violence in India since Partition entering Britain.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)


None of your incidents involve those groups living in Britain or some other free western nation imposing their will onto the entire population on threat of death. Unrest in 3rd world nations is commonplace and I noticed all your examples were persecutions of christians which is also highly common in underdeveloped nations.
The Sharia law neanderthals are the only ones doing this sort of thing in developed western nations. They are exploiting the tolerance of the open society but it can only go so far before there will be an inevitable backlash. Perhaps that is exactly what they want.
So get out your burkhas or fight back.
There is probably room for a tasteless joke about British dental hygiene but I'l leave that to peoples imaginations.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Let me crawl my out on a limb here...

The UN and NATO have set a very worrisome example with Libya and their "freedom fighters". The muslim extremist population, if it grows a little more, in places like the UK, France, US, etc. can and possibly will have a sympathetic ear in the UN when they make violent demands that their Sharia law be implemented because of their population density. If the parent country attempts to control their rioting by force (which may be the only option available to the "convert or die" cult) then the UN precedent in Libya may rear it's ugly head and bite the western hands that keep it up.

Already there have been reports out of France that the French police are cautioned by their superiors to not patrol or arrest anyone in certain muslim controlled suburbs of Paris (looking for the link) and that Sharia law has superceded the French authority in those areas. France is striking back with their new headgarb laws, etc. in the only ways they diplomatically can without possibly raising the Untied Nutjobs red flags.

Face it folks, there's a pressure cooker about to boil and the relief valve is plugged solid with political correctness, multi-culturalism, and political double-talking. When the pressure gets high enough the lid's coming off with a loud bang.

All sensational story to sell papers aside, there was some basis for this story and there are unverified reports from around Dearborne Michigan that the same activities are happening. (so take that with a grain of salt)



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyHermit
Let me crawl my out on a limb here...

The UN and NATO have set a very worrisome example with Libya and their "freedom fighters". The muslim extremist population, if it grows a little more, in places like the UK, France, US, etc. can and possibly will have a sympathetic ear in the UN when they make violent demands that their Sharia law be implemented because of their population density. If the parent country attempts to control their rioting by force (which may be the only option available to the "convert or die" cult) then the UN precedent in Libya may rear it's ugly head and bite the western hands that keep it up.

Already there have been reports out of France that the French police are cautioned by their superiors to not patrol or arrest anyone in certain muslim controlled suburbs of Paris (looking for the link) and that Sharia law has superceded the French authority in those areas. France is striking back with their new headgarb laws, etc. in the only ways they diplomatically can without possibly raising the Untied Nutjobs red flags.

Face it folks, there's a pressure cooker about to boil and the relief valve is plugged solid with political correctness, multi-culturalism, and political double-talking. When the pressure gets high enough the lid's coming off with a loud bang.

All sensational story to sell papers aside, there was some basis for this story and there are unverified reports from around Dearborne Michigan that the same activities are happening. (so take that with a grain of salt)


The UN cannot act unless the security council votes. The security council is made up of the victors of WWII, France, Russia, Great Britain, China, and the US.
It only takes one veto and nothing passes.
There is zero chance in hell that the UN could ever do what you posted.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Sharia law has no place in the US, UK or any other. Having two court " systems " will only bring about more division. And with that division, will bring more " violence " imo.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Heres an idea;

instead of fighting the London 'Students'; let's all join them/

Christians, Catholics, Muslims, Atheists; don your veils.

let us overwhelm the intended message with a new one:

We will not be Controlled. We are ONE, we cannot be Exposed or Suppressed. We are the People and we Decide our Fate.

you hide behind ANON in the virtual world, why not hide behind ANON (VEIL) in the real world?

here is your chance to make a stand.

hidingyouridentity istherevoltution.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


Well, that's why I crawled back in off the limb.

en.wikipedia.org...

Quoting from the link...
Under Article 27 of the UN Charter, Security Council decisions on all substantive matters require the affirmative votes of nine members. A negative vote, or veto, also known as the rule of "great Power unanimity", by a permanent member prevents adoption of a proposal, even if it has received the required number of affirmative votes (9). Abstention is not regarded as a veto despite the wording of the Charter.

and........
There are 15 members of the Security Council, consisting of five veto-wielding permanent members (China, France, Russia, the United Kingdom, and the United States) and 10 elected non-permanent members with two-year terms. This basic structure is set out in Chapter V of the UN Charter.

(haven't quite mastered the little quote box)

That may be the only saving grace for three of the permanent members in the future.

I stand corrected.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkaAlternate
Heres an idea;

instead of fighting the London 'Students'; let's all join them/

Christians, Catholics, Muslims, Atheists; don your veils.

let us overwhelm the intended message with a new one:

We will not be Controlled. We are ONE, we cannot be Exposed or Suppressed. We are the People and we Decide our Fate.

you hide behind ANON in the virtual world, why not hide behind ANON (VEIL) in the real world?

here is your chance to make a stand.

hidingyouridentity istherevoltution.




Except you'd have to wear your veil every single day for the rest of your life if a female or fear getting your throat cut.
It's not some fun and games event that you can go to and then return to your normal little life feeling all badass because you were some pretend rebel for a day. It's amazing how stupid children get when they go away from home and become "students".



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


Then let's make it a game...
If people will die either way, why not?
Why do we have to be politically correct?
We are the Youth, we are the Movement.
It's time to have fun.
Forget about Fear, forget about consequences.
Just Do It. Try.
Force a Crackdown, expose the Evil of Power.

or do nothing like usual.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
None of your incidents involve those groups living in Britain or some other free western nation imposing their will onto the entire population on threat of death. Unrest in 3rd world nations is commonplace and I noticed all your examples were persecutions of christians which is also highly common in underdeveloped nations.


Oh geeze - - I'm so sorry.

When I stated there are Extremists in every group - - - I didn't know I had to be specific.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkaAlternate
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


Then let's make it a game...
If people will die either way, why not?
Why do we have to be politically correct?
We are the Youth, we are the Movement.
It's time to have fun.
Forget about Fear, forget about consequences.
Just Do It. Try.
Force a Crackdown, expose the Evil of Power.

or do nothing like usual.


If you were trying to expose a group of murderers would you join them, commit a few murders to show them you're in their group?

The reason we don't join in with the other side is because we know its wrong, it abusive to women and children and civil liberties. Its even abusive to men for it makes their consciousness shrink inside and there are many good decent men who would stick for others when the opportunity arises.

Even if the whole world was darkness, and if the Mean Top Dog ran the heavens, instead of the Equal, Infinitely Progressing Loving Family of Good, Prime Creator and our Brothers and Sisters, I would still strive to be good and set a good example no matter what, cleaning up any muddied spots we could find, for the Sake of Love and Light in this world and Goodness.

Joining in with what is wrong would never even cross my mind.

As I said earlier, God sends us in NAKED, and there is no shame in that, its only customs and traditions and cultures that twist things.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99
 


eh? if i threatened to kill somebody i would be arrested, how come u.k. law dos'nt apply to these people who are making death threats? should they not of been arrested as soon as they made the threats?
edit on 18-4-2011 by lifeform11 because: missed a word out



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The UK let these people in....so they will have to deal with it. This is a good example of things to come for all Western nations that do not curb their immigration policies. At least France has the guts to combat this sort of behavior...even if it means fining people for wearing burqas. The English on the other hand will one day wake up under Islamic rule.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11
 


I agree entirely. I don't understand why there wasn't a thorough investigation and the wrong doers charged. Instead, she gets an even worse threat after reporting it so it seems the authorities were in collusion. I would not have taken a leave of absence if she willingly did so. I was under the impression her boss ordered this for her. But I would have stood up strongly against this injustice.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
None of your incidents involve those groups living in Britain or some other free western nation imposing their will onto the entire population on threat of death. Unrest in 3rd world nations is commonplace and I noticed all your examples were persecutions of christians which is also highly common in underdeveloped nations.


Oh geeze - - I'm so sorry.

When I stated there are Extremists in every group - - - I didn't know I had to be specific.


It's common sense to compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99
 


For God's sake. Open your mind. By paying taxes,which you are FORCED to do, you are supporting MASSACRE. What is that in comparison to wearing a face covering? Will thousands die because of your CHOICE? No. It is a FREEDOM to cover your face.

You say the Government does not RESPECT your FREEDOM. You say they are OPPRESSING you. The truth is; YOU do not RESPECT your FREEDOM. You think that hiding your identity is EVIL. You think that following Islamic RELIGIOUS ideas makes you a MUSLIM TERRORIST.

You are pathetic. You are a Christian, a Catholic, a Jew. And you follow your beliefs. You require others to TRUST in GOD, to follow his COMMANDMENTS. Yet, you do not embrace GOD. You KILL those FOLLOWING GOD. You are a disgrace of MAN.

You do not join the IDEA. You join the ACTION.
The ACTION: Hiding your Face/Identity; fighting the Establishment.
The IDEA: Oppressing Muslim Women.

How would JOINING the Muslim women in their "OPPRESSION" be considered anything other than what it is? An act of Equality.

The MUSLIM WOMEN would not be SEPERATE from the PEOPLE. They would not be OPPRESSED.

They would be UNITED with the PEOPLE.

You think that ISLAM is OPPRESSIVE. Do you forget that your HOLY CATHOLIC CHURCH was once just as OPPRESSIVE?

Seriously. WTF. You people do not know the true LOVE of GOD.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ban the hijab.

Start throwing the radicals into jail.

Muslims who make excuses for this behavior are not moderates, they are wolves in sheep's clothing. When groups start threatening others, and harassing a woman by denouncing her for not wearing a hijab is harassing her, it is time to ban the offensive item.

If men were to start asking women wearing a hijab why they wear such a terrible thing, and pointing out that it is an insult to western culture, then people would be claiming harassment, why not in the opposite situation.

www.dailymail.co.uk...


Firebrand Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary said that he was aware of individuals who would speak up if they saw a Muslim woman without a headscarf, but insisted they were only giving advice about their views of Islam.

He said no threats would be made and described the allegations of threats of death as 'completely ridiculous'.

He said: 'There are groups who propagate Islam, and if they see a Muslim woman without a hijab they may say "sister, it's obligatory that you cover your hair".

'It's an individual intervention to propagate Islam. For non-Muslims, they may point out to them that women are being exploited in the West.

'It's about telling people about the preference of covering up, but nobody's going to say "you are going to be killed".'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...


Sister, don't you know that wearing the hijab is a symbol of oppression of women's rights, from a belief system that treats women as being inferior to men?
edit on 18-4-2011 by poet1b because: add link and quote



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkaAlternate
reply to post by TinfoilTP
 


Then let's make it a game...
If people will die either way, why not?
Why do we have to be politically correct?
We are the Youth, we are the Movement.
It's time to have fun.
Forget about Fear, forget about consequences.
Just Do It. Try.
Force a Crackdown, expose the Evil of Power.

or do nothing like usual.


We???
Who do you suppose yourself to represent? The Youth with a capitol "Y", is that some special group or something? The Movement with a capitol "M" is that some other special group?
Are you confused? You cannot decide if you represent the Y or the M or maybe it is some sort of imaginary alliance of the Y + M?
"Just Do It" there it is again with capitol letters, I think you are unimaginative and just steal trademarked sayings from Nike off the cuff.

Go back to school and learn to make speaches that are clear, don't involve plagerism, and maybe you'd get some attention other than tomatoes thrown your way.





new topics

top topics



 
39
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join