It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you hope for disaster?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I hope you don't get me wrong. I do not want personal items lost forever, a mother to never hold her baby's hand again, a family torn apart forever...etc.

However, I do want to see something spectacular that no one has seen before...and won't for a long time! I realize that most items that would qualify as spectacular go hand in hand with destruction. Some don't though. I would like to see governments crumble, alien life found, man to finally land on the moon (
), etc.

Do you have anything that you would like to see or should be on my list?

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I'd like for Jesus to come back already.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I would like to see an event/disaster that will force allot of people to wake up and get off their couches and do something!

Of course ... getting of the couch is soooo difficult when American Idol is on

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hell yeah, I'd like to put myself and gear to the test. This mundane lifestyle is almost agony.

On the real, these things are less than a year away. Plenty of shock and awe to go 'round. Too bad most of humanity will be taken off world when the time comes. Some shall perish in the floods, others and hopefully myself will find the ascension doors. Should be an interesting time.

In the Bible, there's a passage that says... 'they bought, sold, and traded until the last days'... so we will see how long things last. This reality is already deconstructing rather quickly.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

NO and I wish everyone else would stop hoping for the end of the world or for Jesus to come pick them up..all those minds..all thinking of an apocalypse...can't be good..that's for sure

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by itscocobaby

Jesus loves you, why wouldnt you want to see him.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
People aren't hoping for an Apocalypse, rather they are hopeful for the collapse of the government control network, the police state, the endless rat race.... It's a longing for a return to a more natural state. Freedom.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
People aren't hoping for an Apocalypse, rather they are hopeful for the collapse of the government control network, the police state, the endless rat race.... It's a longing for a return to a more natural state. Freedom.

That is exactly what I'm hoping for! Doubt it will ever happen within my lifetime.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I see what is to come as a trial (economic collapse and natural occurrences).

Once things stabilize, I hope people worldwide will become more aware of what lies beyond their local environment and open their minds and hearts to the truth.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Well, I used to think some sort of massive disaster would be interesting...but I've come to realize something since then; it wont be too long before the cold nights, desolated lands, and crippled state of society would become the last thing I ever want to experience...soon enough I would be wishing for my room, my own bed, my computer, my favorite foods, my friends and family...it would be fun for a while, but I think this "mundane" life is quite enjoyable and ATS keeps things interesting enough for me...if disaster hits, I will likely use it to my advantage...but I wouldn't particularly like to see it happen.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I just can not wait until May 21st 2011 and December 21 2012 to come. If either days something happens whatever...if not? Whatever...
Would be nice to live a little while without thinking we are all gonna die.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

I think most Christians are hoping for the end of this world, rather than move into a higher state of mind they believe they can go on as usual and cling to a myth rather than know that "Together we are the Mind of God" we are creating reality with each thought..it's not about a person "Jesus" its about what he was trying to teach us that is not understood..

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
yes as a matter of fact iam and im not the only one im sure you can tell by my avatar . lmao ... but before it does theres a few small things i need to do before it happens .......

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I sometimes wonder if this world wouldn't be better off going back to "horse and buggy" via a big ol' solar CME knockout or something.

But then it's things like Fukishima that remind me of how many nuclear reactors are out there in the world and in need of constant electricity to keep from going into full blown meltdown and atomic explosion.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I would like to win the Lottery! Something I have never seen and would likely never happen again.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm ready for a new start.

The world needs a reset....

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I'd like for Jesus to come back already.

Really? You might want to take another look at that book and WHAT happens when he comes back...

I'm not too keen on plagues, droughts, famine, natural disasters, and human faced locusts myself...I'm in no rush to see that....

I'd like to see aliens make themselves known to the people of Earth, assuming they really have been visiting. I'd like to see us develop technology to the point where we can all do what we LIKE doing, and where money is no longer a factor (ala Star Trek), though I think money will ALWAYS be a factor.

new topics

top topics

join