posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
Hi there folks. This will be my first thread on ATS and I thought I would do something that is mentioned in passing in other threads but I feel needs
bringing home to the world.
Namely reflecting on the tens of thousands who have had their world destroyed by the natural disaster preceding the nuclear one.
Again there is little or no MSM coverage of the humanitarian disaster that has befallen many cities and towns in Japan.
What I want in this thread:
1) Links to eyewitness accounts of during and after the EQ's and Tsunami
2) Links to pics and vids of the same.
3) Links to casualty assessments and statements from the various authorities, regarding dead, missing etc
4) Links to statements, video, pics of the clean up
5) Links to statements regarding the status of infrastructure such as roads, power, fuel, water, medical facilities.
what is NOT needed in this thread
1) Endless discussion of each piece of info, yes we are deeply sympathetic to their plight and that is why we are making this record. But we dont need
a few hundred pages of people exclaiming how terrible it is. Let the pictures paint their thousand words.
2) Flaming, bashing or other insults of any rescue authority or person. Every member of fire, ambulance, hospital staff etc are by definition a hero
for the work they do every day. Often thankless and un-recognised these people are under paid and woefully undervalued. Remember a lot of those rescue
workers in Japan may have no idea about their own families well being.
We are human and so are they. Let them know that with our compassion comes our love. They are mothers and fathers, husbands and wives, sons and