It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this symbol?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
While seeking enlightenment on the ever wide road of the internet, I happened upon another one of them "cowinkadinks".

I was looking at the architecture in Nashville, specifically, the esoteric and masonic undertones. The direct link it has with President Andrew Jackson who was a well known Mason. That got me to looking at the architects of these wonderful master pieces there and in other parts of the U.S.

First, I grew up in a little town in Ohio named after Andrew Jackson. I lived in an historic mansion built in the early 1800's. He was infamous for running out the Indian population around here with the Indian Removal Act. The area is steeped in Indian culture. The Newark "Holy Stones" were found there.

Anyways this just got me a little curious as to the house I grew up in. Sadly, it is no longer there. But I knew as a kid it was one of the famous Davis houses, but had no clue what that meant.

Meet the architect. Alexander Jackson Davis.

This man had a great deal of influence over the architect that actually designed some of Nashville's more "sinister" sights. And I grew up in one of his homes. He has an impressive list of accomplishments including rumored connections to the Skull and Bones.
edit on 10/25/2010 by cloudwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Interesting read, Crowley was quite the poet. This was my favorite.

be sure that thy soul is firm and steadfast; for it is by flattering thy weaknesses that the Weak Ones will gain power over thee. Humble thyself before thy Self, yet fear neither man not spirit. Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure: and courage is the beginning of virtue.

So, a little explanation please on the "Above/Below" discussion. Is it your thought that we humans have been given the gift of being in the middle of two strong forces, and it is our duty to balance ourselves with both? This balance being the ultimate goal? Or are we climbing from below, to the middle, in the hopes that with true self knowledge and conviction we can eventually rise to the above.

I gathered that Crowley believed that we could all become Gods one day, yet still one of many. True?

Finally, I still am a little confused about why Timewalker is so scared of Crowley and the OTO. Just like any religion, shouldn't we pass most of what they say off as analogy and parable? His thoughts don't sound any more scary to me than Quran/Bible.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoyoma15
So, a little explanation please on the "Above/Below" discussion. Is it your thought that we humans have been given the gift of being in the middle of two strong forces, and it is our duty to balance ourselves with both? This balance being the ultimate goal? Or are we climbing from below, to the middle, in the hopes that with true self knowledge and conviction we can eventually rise to the above.

Since you asked I will take it further: As Above so Below = What does this mean? It means they are the same.

If above and below is the same our spot would be more akin to a capsule floating in space where above and below mean nothing.

Why would we need to balance two forces that are not opposing because they are the same?

Further if above and below are the same then so is the middle and there is nowhere to climb and nowhere to go. There is no goal because we are already there.

Put that in your mouth and chew on it for a bit.Let me know what you think.

Probably a bit on the frightening side?

This is one of the many reasons people hate Crowley and perceive him as dangerous. He knew more of the truth than a person trying to function in this reality ought to know. Plus he was outgoing about it.

Crowley exposed the secrets of the Golden Dawn and many Hermetic secrets that were not shared for a reason. In the wrong hands they could seriously disable your life.

Don't believe me? Read Libra 777 and a few of his other selected works. Try to play in his league. It would be like putting a 12 year old in with a UFC champion and telling them to fight.

Timewalker is correct to be nervous.

If you want to play Crowley games you need to be a master of yourself, of your desires, and be prepared.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

You know, JingleLord. i have been looking over these posts trying to figure out what happened there. Are you saying that the three roman numerals X that make up the roman numeral 30 are what CloudWatcher saw?

And then you sort of swerve off into the weeds there with the whole Crowley thing. I don't get it. Liber 30 is a tract that is commonly given to Minervals after their initiation. It is a standard O.T.O. document that is meant to be an admonishment to candidates after, i think, their lustration and in fact sums up what is meant to be learned in the First Tarot Card.. It is not some grand treatise on 'As Above So Below'. But I can appreciate your enthusiasm.

Also it is important to remember that this stuff comes from the 20's and is great if you like really good prose and historical re-enactment but there is nothing to be afraid of there.

It is pretty weird to me though that this As Above So Below thing has bugged me enough to precipitate a conversation today with my occult 'partner in crime' and after about 15 minutes of wrestling with it we boiled it down symbolically to The Magician; Trump #1. And then I read through your posts and found that, at least to my mind, reinforced. So we are definitely vibing together and on this thread in some strange way. I just think you got a little heavy handed with the 'Crowley Fear Fest'. Aleister Crowley Is Dead.

But it is OK to go back and examine his corpse and pick his body for knowledge. Uncle Al would appreciate it.

And I can promise there is nothing to fear. You will not catch anything.

But since we are on Crowley...
Someone was asking about Violet. I am going to go ahead and take my turn as a Centre of Pestilence here...

50. Blue am I and gold in the light of my bride: but the red gleam is in my eyes; & my spangles are purple & green.

51. Purple beyond purple: it is the light higher than eyesight.

Source: www.sacred-texts.com...

edit on 27-4-2011 by Frater210 because: Whew, spelling.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Also, what do you mean by this?

Crowley exposed the secrets of the Golden Dawn and many Hermetic secrets that were not shared for a reason. In the wrong hands they could seriously disable your life.

Are you saying that Crowley intentionally released this information because he wanted life threatening occult knowledge to be in the hands of everyone?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Also this...

Since you asked I will take it further: As Above so Below = What does this mean? It means they are the same. If above and below is the same our spot would be more akin to a capsule floating in space where above and below mean nothing. Why would we need to balance two forces that are not opposing because they are the same? Further if above and below are the same then so is the middle and there is nowhere to climb and nowhere to go. There is no goal because we are already there. Put that in your mouth and chew on it for a bit.Let me know what you think. Probably a bit on the frightening side?

I would like to offer in the name of Denying Ignorance that this is not true, JingleLord.
You have a mix mash of Eastern thought and Western Christian emanationism here. That is astute of you if you meant to do it but it is only evident of Crowley's own struggles to synthesize what he was learning and not an indication of something that As Above So Below can be understood by.

The Eastern part seems to be the part that says 'There is no where to strive to; everything is present now. Everything is complete in its perfection'. This grates against the concept of As Above So Below; which is a product of emanationism. The belief that Godhead descends in Heirarchical fashion unto the Foundation.

If there were no need to move in some direction under this stimuli (knowledge) then there would be one Tarot Card; 0.

Magick is about direction.

Here. Here is an occult symbolism secret you have all probably never heard before. Hot off the 'Frater210 Presses'...

See the Ankh now. Now turn it upside down. Put your foot on it. Your heal is on the Vesica Pisces or the oval. Now pull the lateral arms around so they meet at your instep. Good. Now pull the vertical strap between your Big and next toe.

What is the Purpose of a God? To Go Forth!

So take up your Sandal Strap of The Sun and Go Forth you crazy Aegyptian Gods...

You have no choice.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

Are you saying that Crowley intentionally released this information because he wanted life threatening occult knowledge to be in the hands of everyone?

Not life threatening for sure. But definitely enough to cause a little trouble. Yes I am saying precisely that. I believe he was / is a trickster. And would absolutely love to watch people get tweaked out on his knowledge.

Libra 30 is essentially the fool. I tend to agree. It is 0, the beginning and the end (that last part is the one people forget) the Thoth tarot makes it very clear though. It isn't a treatise on as above so below but that is what it is saying no? Sounds like you see it too.

The connection I'm making with the XXX to this is that it is no coincidence it is book 30,,,
www.tarot-decks.com... (The thoth fool is there for those of you who don't know what it looks like)
This is a universal symbol symbolizing the journey on this planet in this life.

Crowley wasn't ancient this is true, but assuming age equals wisdom is foolish. I happen to think he was one of the few Hermetic practitioners who really mastered the art and is likely not actually dead today.

Don't get me wrong, I don't even particularly like the guy, but to underestimate his accomplishments and wisdom would be a mistake. But you are correct the Crowley fear is overblown and his stuff only gives people the creeps because of the truth it contains in my opinion.

Ya know the old saying: If you want to make a person mad tell them the truth!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Why do so many like to complicate things. I guess that is why for so long those in control of europe tried to stop the masses from being able to read and write. This is the oldest symbol known to humanity and is inscribed on a very old rock. It represents the union on heaven and earth, man and woman and has survived all this time due to the M and the W found within it. When palms cross this symbol can be seen. When you measure the movements of the moon onto a rock this symbol occurs.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

what truths do you know that have mad you go mad jinglelord?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

The Major Arcana of the Tarot is essentially the journey of the fool. Following all the major Archetypes of life in pretty much any order doesn't matter except the world is always the last and the Fool always the first. (Yes I know the cards only have a few variations but I'm speaking of the actual journey not the cards).

I am not really using Eastern or Western philosophy, the idea comes from more of a southern philosophy from South American Rain Forests but does seem to incorporate both. The upper worlds contain the conscious thoughts thought of as god like while the lower worlds contain the animal instincts and the base. Our world contains the combination of the two. I think that it gets blurry when you try to separate the Consciousness from the animal, one does not exist without the other. There IS a journey, but it is devoid of a goal. There is a destination but the destination is the journey. This is why I say As above so Below is saying that they are the same. Regardless of if you agree do you at least see it?

I follow what was coined as "Core Shamanic Practice" This essentially means that through Shamanic principals (working with spirits) I will pull down whatever philosophy from anywhere, put them in a pot and stir until I find the kernels of truth. Maybe now my ramblings make more sense in that context.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by subtopia

what truths do you know that have mad you go mad jinglelord?

I only know one truth: Neither I nor anyone else knows any truths.

Which can't be a known truth because see the truth I know.

People make things complicated because we are not capable of understanding the simplicity.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I forgot to add that I have been in more than one Lodge Temple that had 'Black Lights' installed as part of the Temple furnishings. Although I know for a fact that no one really knows what the Book of The Law meant by this 'Purple higher than eyesight' it did lend a cool touch to the altar. Pretty cool, huh? This is also how I accidentally found out that my eyes fluoresce yellow under ultra-violet light. You can imagine how much fun that was at night. Already spooked out by some crazy Solomonic crap that the Lodge Master was about to pull out of his hat.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

I really can't believe all these cowinkadinks. I think she is going to be surprised when she comes back.
This thread rocks. I haven't even looked at anything else hardly.

That is a massive park, you are right big money. I find this way more interesting than DC. Did you hear the guy say the park center with all the columns is supposed to be an Atlantean stargate? I have to go to this place. Cloudwatcher will probably beat me to it.

And yeah I was listening up when he started to talk about alchemy. Did you notice on the Parthenon Mystery Temple page.

Animus ad amplitudinem Mysteriorum pro modulo suo dilatetur; non Mysteria ad angustias animi constringantur Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

[Let the mind, so far as it can be open to the fullness of the Mysteries;Let not the mysteries be constrained to fit the narrow confines of the mind.]

Alchemy School...

He called it an Atlantean Stargate -- I don't know about that, but this carillon is composed of 50 limestone columns forming two concentric circles, each column is 25 ft tall, the capital containing the bells -- in total 95 bells of varying frequencies.

This carillon is placed in the "Court of Three Stars" where there are three 15 ft wide pentagrams of red, white & blue granite. At the center of the stars there's supposed to an iron rod planted underground (I wonder how he knows this). This court is designed to throw back any sound to the center of the court.

Someone went to extraordinary trouble & expense to build this thing. Why?

One of the things that makes me question how accurate the guide's info is: the guide described the front pediment as depicting a battle between Athenians & Atlanteans. No where on the Parthenon are Atlanteans depicted. I would double check this guides info.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

edit on 27-4-2011 by AuranVector because: Sorry, double post.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

In the true religion there is no sect, therefore take heed that thou blaspheme not the name by which another knoweth his God; for if thou do this thing in Jupiter thou wilt blaspheme יהוה and in Osiris יהשוה. Ask and ye shall have! Seek, and ye shall find! Knock, and it shall be opened unto you!

XXX

Did you choose Liber XXX because of the similarity of XXX to Cloudwatcher's symbol?

(I have a copy of Liber 30 in "Book Four" -- this is the last line in a rather benign list.)

So are you telling Cloudwatcher she will find that which she seeks?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

What are you doing?

Why do you ask me and put it there for all to see? I was going to say no.

Your not playing fair.

Cloudwather the XXX post above was not intended for you or anybody else for that matter. I skipped right over, and suggest you do the same.

Crowley O.T.O.

Nobody else asked Jinglelord.

I know it was a warning from you, but I am afraid those words will make others start asking questions when they knew not that they had questions.

I think that is not very nice.
edit on 26-4-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

Now this sounds intriguing -- backstage drama between Timewalker & Jinglelord?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

And yeah, Crowley has always spooked me a bit.

And for good reason. I mean Crowley was a type of genius (his books on magick are considered required textbooks), but the guy was a narcissistic sociopath who experimented with very dangerous forms of magick.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher
While seeking enlightenment on the ever wide road of the internet, I happened upon another one of them "cowinkadinks".

I was looking at the architecture in Nashville, specifically, the esoteric and masonic undertones. The direct link it has with President Andrew Jackson who was a well known Mason. That got me to looking at the architects of these wonderful master pieces there and in other parts of the U.S.

First, I grew up in a little town in Ohio named after Andrew Jackson. I lived in an historic mansion built in the early 1800's. He was infamous for running out the Indian population around here with the Indian Removal Act. The area is steeped in Indian culture. The Newark "Holy Stones" were found there.

Anyways this just got me a little curious as to the house I grew up in. Sadly, it is no longer there. But I knew as a kid it was one of the famous Davis houses, but had no clue what that meant.

Meet the architect. Alexander Jackson Davis.

This man had a great deal of influence over the architect that actually designed some of Nashville's more "sinister" sights. And I grew up in one of his homes. He has an impressive list of accomplishments including rumored connections to the Skull and Bones.
edit on 10/25/2010 by cloudwatcher because: (no reason given)

Very interesting info. What a string of connections.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210

And I can promise there is nothing to fear. You will not catch anything.

But since we are on Crowley...
Someone was asking about Violet. I am going to go ahead and take my turn as a Centre of Pestilence here...

50. Blue am I and gold in the light of my bride: but the red gleam is in my eyes; & my spangles are purple & green.

51. Purple beyond purple: it is the light higher than eyesight.

Source: www.sacred-texts.com...

I have the "Book of the Law" in a couple of places: Duquette's "The Magick of Thelema" and "Book Four."

So the curse at the end, under The Comment, doesn't bother you at all?

..."The study of this book is forbidden. It is wise to destroy this copy after the first reading.
Whosoever disregards this does so at his own risk and peril. These are most dire.
Those who discuss the contents of this Book are to be shunned by all, as centres of pestilence...."

I would interprete "Purple beyond purple: it is the light higher than eyesight." as ultra-violet light beyond the visible spectrum. Too simple?

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The object resembles a DNA strand.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join