It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sues FL town for flag

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Trump is coming out of left field in terms of the machine. I don't see him going corrupt either because he's not money hungry in the sense that you can use it to persuade him.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I smell "publicity stunt".
This guy is slicker than greased S**** no kidding. It's easy to fly a huge flag for pride in America, then when the government tells you to take it down, later you can say, " See I told you, this is why we are a laughing stock to the world!"

Speaking of slick, Trump running for presidential office is akin to dropping a piranha into a tank of fat goldfish. All candidates are basically clones of one another doing exactly the same thin every cycle. Sitting with "Mr& Mrs. Everyman/woman. They basically stand on an assembly line of political methodology, something I think Trump would NOT do. In that situation I see him actually running over his competition.

I Would vote for him if he considered revising or otherwise shutting down the Fed. and dropping the patriot act. None of which he will do. Fact is I don't trust him further than I can throw him, and I think he is easily corruptible whether he wants to be or not. I do however believe he is well meaning, but unfortunately that's not enough in this world.
edit on 17-4-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Neveos

You don't have to corrupt people only by offering them money, you can also threaten to take it away too. It works well. How about you take a dive for us or maybe you lose a billion dollars. How about if you say anything about this conversation we take another billion? How about you get your head screwed on right and you wont find yourself living in a box this winter?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

Are zoning laws laws? If they are laws and he violated them, he would have no basis for a law suit. But he did sue because the city was being selective in it's application of zoning laws which Trump felt was illegal - in violation of zoning laws. He won in court. Why? Because the city violated the zoning laws not Trump.

The zoning laws in question, I do not agree with. They give private business property "taking" rights; that which used to be limited to only government interest for building roads, etc. We should turn back these laws which have aided private devlopers at the cost of property rights contained in the constitutiton.

The Supremes found the laws constituitonal and that led some activists in New Hampshire to threaten to take Justice Bryer's property as a public museum, in revenge. Alas they were foiled by the local government.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123

Are zoning laws laws?

I am guessing if something is termed a law, there is a high probability it is a law.

The article linked refers to them as ordinances and codes, which are essentially laws it appears.

If they are laws and he violated them, he would have no basis for a law suit.

Agreed, but people will do what they know in a litigious society.

He won in court.

LOL, what? Source for that? I linked a wiki page earlier that states it was settled out of court. How is that a win "in court"?? It should be noted that the settlement lowered the height of the pole 10'... which would mean it is still in violation of the same codes, assuming they have not been changed since the settlement in 2007

Why? Because the city violated the zoning laws not Trump.

I cannot speak to whether or not they selectively acted against Trump or not. There is little beyond just this instance and this one is only notable because it's Trump. But please provide your proof of this statement.

The zoning laws in question, I do not agree with. They give private business property "taking" rights; that which used to be limited to only government interest for building roads, etc. We should turn back these laws which have aided private devlopers at the cost of property rights contained in the constitutiton.

Not too sure what this says, but I do agree with the part I do understand: the law is silly. However that does not mean you can just break it and do whatever you want. Change the law through the appropriate ways and channels.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I see a guy who is considering a run for president...

I see a guy that suddenly out of nowhere has been caught attempting to be a Joe blow patriotic American and was put upon by an evil "tyrannical" system.

I see a guy who will gain attention from this to further his business opportunity.

I see a guy who can later say "I think it is wrong that we can't enjoy our own private property without the government interfering." Wow a political move if I ever saw one.

Moreover I see a guy that is trying to be your average proud and patriotic American albeit one with a billion dollars showing potential future voters he will not be so easily pushed around by bigbrothers hassles. This will look good for the upcoming elections.

I see BS....

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Here you go. You can read all about the court decision that led taking rights to corporations and began the terrible erosion of property rights in the constitution. It really irked me.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

What does your link have to do with the article posted??
2nd line

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

read the article, just drtfp

top topics

<< 1   >>

join