It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump sues FL town for flag

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Flag flies over resort

PALM BEACH, Fla. — Donald Trump is suing this oceanside town for $10 million after being cited for flying an oversized American flag over his Mar-a-Lago Club.

This is an old article but to me, it shows The Donald loves this country

All damages awarded to the club would be donated to veterans of the war in Iraq, the lawsuit said.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

You can't have a flag pole over 42 ft? is there any reason whatsoever for this "law" (as if it could be considered one)? or did some little punk behind a desk just make up that number? That's exactly what's wrong with this country; there doesn't need to be a law either way. It could just not be on the books, anywhere. then you don't have to worry about who puts which flag pole on their property. If it's unsafe, deal with it after an accident. We've become obsessed with putting laws and statutes and ordinances in place to prevent things which happen any way, we eventually get so bogged down by safety concerns that we're measuring each other's flag poles. Insane.

P.S. this doesn't mean that Trump should be president. please don't elect trump president.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Of course he loves this country. Where else do you think a idiot can have a legitimate shot of being a Presidential Candidate and acquire billions of dollars off the backs of others and blind luck.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
Of course he loves this country. Where else do you think a idiot can have a legitimate shot of being a Presidential Candidate and acquire billions of dollars off the backs of others and blind luck.

I know right? Just ask George Bush Jr. with the exception that he meraculously was president and wasnt as dumb and what most people believe.
I hope the Donald does run and wins. I just hope to god he doesnt get corrupted like a majority of others like the one I pointed out above.
If the GBJ campaign can kill thousands upon thousands of innocent ppl(9/11), not to mention spark 2 wars overseas on no evidence why the hell cant Donald give it a shot??
Just for the sake of debate of course
but seriously...
Proove me wrong

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by opnureyes

hes not a politician so i dont see him getting corrupt, he wants top bring AMERICAN PRIDE back, watch this video, this is how the rest of the world looks at us

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So Trump violates the zoning codes in the city he chose to buy a club in. And instead of engaging the local populace or petition to get the zoning laws changed, he sues. Yep, that IS the American way! Of course, everything was resolved within 6 months anyways so this is a complete non-issue.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I like the Trump, but zoning and ordinance laws are there for a reason. It is not difficult to get a waiver, or get special permission, and it surely would not be difficult for Trump to finance some commissioner and get the law changed.

42 ft, is a gigantic flagpole. If he broke the code, he broke the code. It doesn't matter what the flag pole was for.

Trump should know more than anyone else about this sort of thing, he is a real estate developer. He doesn't need to sue them for it, this is just another publicity stunt. He would rather sue and lose, than just follow the rules, because this buys him free press for his resort!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Some people will rationalize anything.

If all it took was Flag waving.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Epic vidz my man, this just makes me back Donald Trump even more.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Flag flies over resort

PALM BEACH, Fla. — Donald Trump is suing this oceanside town for $10 million after being cited for flying an oversized American flag over his Mar-a-Lago Club.

All damages awarded to the club would be donated to veterans of the war in Iraq, the lawsuit said.

this has nothing to do with flying the flag, you know it, and everybody else does.
the amount of attention this guy gets boggles my mind, he's an arrogant millionaire who believes his own BS, i mean really...he has his own reality TV show, about FIRING PEOPLE!!....i could care less about this guy and what he says.
edit on 17-4-2011 by jimmyx because: punctuation

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

For the sake of debate
Donald is wealthy, yes, and uses the media to his advantage(who wouldnt?). He sems sincere about fixing up this god forsaken country, though.
He has his fun and lives life the way he wants to and became extremely successful. Everyone as skeletons in their closet lets be real. For gods sakes obama came out of nowhere and lacks a US birth certificate and you would rather have him run the show? If so why?
Trumps my dude cuz he keeps it real
I think trump will get down to business and make this country successful and respected, again.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The city ordinance says flagpoles are to be no taller than 42-feet and he erects an 80-foot flagpole. He gets fined and then files a frivolous lawsuit for $10-million. Add this to the pile of reasons that Trump shouldn't be president. This is an unwinnable lawsuit...it's a waste of tax payer money to tie up the courts with this nonsense.

I wonder what his $10-million of damages are claimed to be?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalreadyI like the Trump, but zoning and ordinance laws are there for a reason. It is not difficult to get a waiver, or get special permission, and it surely would not be difficult for Trump to finance some commissioner and get the law changed.

While I agree with your assertion that he could have just followed the code and the reason he might have sued instead of requested a waiver or lobbied the council – that being publicity. However, this brings to mind the next quote.

Originally posted by RicoMarstonYou can't have a flag pole over 42 ft? is there any reason whatsoever for this "law" (as if it could be considered one)? or did some little punk behind a desk just make up that number? That's exactly what's wrong with this country; there doesn't need to be a law either way.

Why the hell does the government be it local, city, State or Federal need to be involved in the size of a flag pole on private property in the first place? Is this really some kind of public safety issue?

I mean if the height of the flag pole or the size of the flag flying from it were to result in some kind of damage or harm to a person or property the owner would be liable for the remedy right?

Also, we have no idea what measures the Trump or his agents did take to get a waiver or to get the law changed. Perhaps after several tries he just went with the nuclear option to bring attention to the law at the local level so that he could get support from the locals to lobby for him.

I don’t really like Trump and personally think is an arrogant ass but considering the damage the kowtowing and apologizing Obama has done for American exceptionalism on the world stage maybe it would be good to have an arrogant in your face President again.

Tell the Chinese to suck it with a 25% tariff – debt resolved.

Tell OPEC and the other oil nations – the price of American grains will be exactly that of a barrel of oil. I hope they like the taste of crude but I hear it’s not too nutritious.

Suspend all foreign aid to any nation until the budget is balanced and the debt removed – heck some might even forgive any debt in that case. I don’t donate to charity or give money to my neighbors when I can’t pay my bills why does the nation?

The world can GTFO for all I care; most countries would fold in 60 days without our aid and or intervention all the while they are bad mouthing us. They don’t dislike us enough to not cash the checks though.

edit on 17/4/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/4/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

very true, he's gonna fire alot of deadweight in the govt

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Youre right Col, We footed the bill for all this stuff, ie, kuwait, iraq, afganistan, south korea. How about these countries start PAYING back some of the bill?
Before anyone says "They dont want us there", remember, they BEGGED us to come to their countries

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
just an fyi, updated 12/23/2006 11:04:11 PM ET. The article is just a tad old. I knew i had read it before.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The meat of the matter has to do with property. If you own property, it doesn't matter what silly laws are made, you can build a castle of beer cans...that is, if you possess an allodial title. If not, then you pay property taxes and are subject to a will other than your own in regard to the property (and therefore do not own it).

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Boston1023

i guess you didnt read the article....

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I can't believe that people think this chump would do anything but further his own agenda when in office. He's out for himself, that's who he is and that's what he does, don't kid yourself.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

so the morons in congress and the moron in the white house isnt either....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join