It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't concentrate!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
-replaced coke with diet coke a few years back overall as my addiction...weight loss kinda measure..still drink too much of the poison

Probably a bad idea. Many (i.e. most) diet drinks contain the artificial sweetener know as aspartame. Not just diet drinks but yoghurts, milks, gum, candy, mints, iced tea, you name it - anything without real sugar (that isn't relatively natural). I gave it up ages ago.
Here are some pleasant studies that you can look into if you feel so inclined:
Life-Span Exposure to Low Doses of Aspartame Beginning during Prenatal Life Increases Cancer Effects in Rats
First Experimental Demonstration of the Multipotential Carcinogenic Effects of Aspartame Administered in the Feed to Sprague-Dawley Rats

With the hope that I'm not deviating too far from the original topic, here is the abstract from the latter study:

The Cesare Maltoni Cancer Research Center of the European Ramazzini Foundation has conducted a long-term bioassay on aspartame (APM), a widely used artificial sweetener. APM was administered with feed to 8-week-old Sprague-Dawley rats (100–150/sex/group), at concentrations of 100,000, 50,000, 10,000, 2,000, 400, 80, or 0 ppm. The treatment lasted until natural death, at which time all deceased animals underwent complete necropsy. Histopathologic evaluation of all pathologic lesions and of all organs and tissues collected was routinely performed on each animal of all experimental groups. The results of the study show for the first time that APM, in our experimental conditions, causes a) an increased incidence of malignant-tumor–bearing animals with a positive significant trend in males (p ≤ 0.05) and in females (p ≤ 0.01), in particular those females treated at 50,000 ppm (p ≤ 0.01); b) an increase in lymphomas and leukemias with a positive significant trend in both males (p ≤ 0.05) and females (p ≤ 0.01), in particular in females treated at doses of 100,000 (p ≤ 0.01), 50,000 (p ≤ 0.01), 10,000 (p ≤ 0.05), 2,000 (p ≤ 0.05), or 400 ppm (p ≤ 0.01); c) a statistically significant increased incidence, with a positive significant trend (p ≤ 0.01), of transitional cell carcinomas of the renal pelvis and ureter and their precursors (dysplasias) in females treated at 100,000 (p ≤ 0.01), 50,000 (p ≤ 0.01), 10,000 (p ≤ 0.01), 2,000 (p ≤ 0.05), or 400 ppm (p ≤ 0.05); and d) an increased incidence of malignant schwannomas of peripheral nerves with a positive trend (p ≤ 0.05) in males. The results of this mega-experiment indicate that APM is a multipotential carcinogenic agent, even at a daily dose of 20 mg/kg body weight, much less than the current acceptable daily intake. On the basis of these results, a reevaluation of the present guidelines on the use and consumption of APM is urgent and cannot be delayed.

There is actually no doubt in my mind that the gradual accumulation of harmful chemicals (such as aspartame!) in the organs over time and usage is a direct cause of cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.

-I don't watch much tv anymore..occasional movie, and maybe an hour or two a week, plus the daily flip on the news for a bit to make sure the earth didn't explode overnight

I watch a lot of tv. More than I care to admit. I'm a student and I get hugely distracted - by anything. I have a problem with focus and it may be getting worse as I accumulate more freedom in my adult life, although it's not at an ADHD level either. That's good that you don't watch much tv anymore, that seems to be the trend among Truthers nowadays..

Is it possible that you're just lacking in motivation? What do you do with your time now that you don't read?
Have you had any drastic changes of diet/ lifestyle lately? How about any noticeable changes to your health?
The subtlest of changes can have the most significant impact in some cases.

So what gives...and more importantly, any helpful suggestions to refocus myself? Not fully opposed to trying different meds or vitamins that could help, but I don't want to suddenly become dependent...
Can concentration be attributed by a lack of vitamins? (would research it...but as I said...focus issues...)

I agree. Supplements are just that - supplementary. If you really want the best advice on that I would suggest asking a naturopath or homeopath.

also, is there any claims of lacking focus while using synthetic sugars or the like?

Honestly, if artificial sweetener is the main driver behind malignant tumors, lymphomas and carcinomas it probably has no qualms with affecting focus.

I could simply be too distracted mind you, am willing to accept the issue is more psychological than anything chemical or environmental...

This was why I thought that the problem could possibly be a lack of motivation. This is partially my issue. I'm realising that I don't actually enjoy studying anymore. So I procrastinate and procrastinate and end up doing projects at the last minute. I think that if you're honest with yourself, you know what the problem is..

edit on 18/4/11 by pretty_vacant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

interesting thread!..im not the WOW type of person so it doesnt really surprises me to read all this.Anyway,put me on your list...same thing here for the last 6 months or so..but,i was back home at my parents house in a very remote village,quiet and healthy and symptomps vanished,i was 100 percent active and focused again..well,that makes me wonder..
i must say i use only brown sugar and eat a lot of fish and green stuff so it cannot be the alimentation..the strange thing about it is,like you said,i dont feel depressed..on the contrary,it all seems..normal!?and my question is:why this thing doesnt affect everyone?...what do we,pple having this symptoms, all have in common?
lets just wait and see where it leads us! and btw,i dont feel dumm i just cannot focus,but i understand things fast enough...the only thing that worries me is that i feel less tolerant and i cannot stand crowds now.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by amongyou

I think you are on to something, to look for some kind of common ground that we all share that may link why we have a different reaction to whatever is causing this to us and not others. There are so many different things that people have in common that we may never notice due to the online community situation; eye color, religious beliefs, blood type, childhood illness, even immunizations or lack thereof. I would not even know where start as we know our locations are all different, our diets our different, and we all have different long term goals in life. I am going to question a few friends see if we find something and see if it sparks some similarity to anyone else.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
THANK YOU so much for this thread! I've been dealing with this a LOT lately, I can maybe narrow it down to beginning roughly a few months ago. I don't really have the drive to do any of the things I used to avidly enjoy, even my taste in music has changed. Wordy lyrics seem to irritate me. I've gravitated more to listening to movie scores and classical. Work is a nightmare, I don't sleep well anymore, my relationships seem superficial and unsatisfying.
I'm going to start cross-stitching again, that was always a wonderful exercise in focus for me. I've found a really big complex stitch pattern with yards of every colour thread. It's really relaxing to sit with my headphones on, zone out, and just stitch! I know is sounds girly or "ol' lady", but it may be worth a try!!!

Best of luck!!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I had the same problem with concentration and besides I had a horrible memory and it was getting worse.
Well, now I know for sure that sugar replacements play a very big role in that. It's all of them except Xylitol and Stevia. These 2 are the only natural ones. Besides that, most people do not know about Dextrins, like Maltodextrin that you can find even in coffee. They are killing your brain. You should read about Ergot as well. It damages brain as well. In our history we had the whole villages going insane and dying because of it's poisoning. It can be find in bread. By the way I found out about Ergot from the guy whose videos are in my thread (check my signature). He took down many videos unfortunately, as he got into trouble recently. Still you can get some ifno and you have to do your own research. I would suggest: drink only filtered and preferably even boiled water; check the ingredients and try to avoid the products with too many ingredients (esp. if they are have hard-to-read names); Try to stay away from milk and consume and little of milk products as possible (cows are injected with growth hormone and fed God knows what, which effects us in a very bad way); try to stay away from McDonalds and such (you don't even wanna know what they serve); avoid flouride in toothpaste-it's more important than you think (search flouride in nazi germany and soviet concentration camps); and the last, but not least important Get as much sun as you can
- you need lots of vit D - or buy concentrated Chlorophyll and take it daily with your drinks. Remember to be positive! You should know that you are what you want to be. Think that you are healthy and love life and you will be happy and healthy
Wish you all the best. Lots of Love!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012

These things are normal. It's happening to many people and not all diet related. Shame on you, still... hehe... Saturn is a planet of hardship, so good luck. Why is this happening? You may ask that...

This is due to the massive influx of energy flowing onto our planet in preparation for 2012 and the planetary ascension. There is also an amazing amount of genetic codes and data compressed here, hence the heavy amount of manipulation from outside factions.

Enough of that mumbo jumbo... I was once told that ADHD stands for 'Attention Dialed to Higher Dimensions. It's true and that's where we are heading. WAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

edit on 17-4-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

yes innerpeace! thank you! everyone is trying to offer solutions to this "problem". it's not a problem. this "problem" is, in fact, the solution!

It is a natural process, the beginning of your spiritual AWAKENING, don't need to fight it. We are spiritual beings trapped in this material world.

We are going through a change in the way we think, comes 2012 you will be totally different person, perhaps in a different world...it all depends on you, take control of yourselves. Do not fight this natural process, but ride the wave.

Shrug away all your sinful ways and humble yourselves. Show more love than you ever did before, focus on helping others achieve this, and be at peace.

InnerPEACE

we are awakening. it is turbulant. none of us have been here before (at least comsciously). we're realizing that this world doesn't matter. it holds nothing for us so why focus on it? i believe that the great awakening is in full force!

yes...the next world will be very different! no seperation. no birth amnesia. no hate. no greed. that's why we are here! to see what happens when you let yourself (and society) be run by these selfish tendencies. we were thrown into the river. most of us are drowning. better learn how to swim! they won't go to the bottom of the lake to save those that can't swim. it's not survival of the fittest...it's survival of the purest.

i know it sounds like some hippie/new age tish. i know it does. i'm a rational man and i've spent my entire life looking for a rational/logical explanation for life...never found one. i don't think it exists. you must believe in the spiritual/supernatural to shed this cocoon we call a body and blossom into the beautiful being that He made you.

until then...tihs will probably get a little f'd up. accept these changes.

do you feel bad? do you fel like you're lacking? do you feel like you need to be shaprer? or do you feel alright with these changes? i know i love them. my mind is finally shutting off sometimes! i've always been one of those balls deep/wide open kinda people. mind always firing on all 50 cylinders. head never shut up. nowadays...i can go for hours without the carnival kicking into overdrive. i am kinda fond of this dumbing down. people around me may not be but hey...this is MY LIFE.

so ask yourself this question: am i happy?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant

When reading your desription it seems to me that you are way to busy with yourself, let all things go, don't worry about your intellect, looks, hair, personality, or whatever. Then you will see things will get better.

looks - haven't shaven in about 3 weeks
hair - I shaved it to near stubble
personality - I have become a hermit overall

I am seeking a step at a time to get back on track...first step, focus.

perhaps I am not busy enough with myself.

I think that you may be more depressed than you think. Lethargy,lack of self esteem and an inability to enjoy the things you love are the signs of clinical depression. Maybe check out some different treatment options and then get the help that best suits your needs. Keep your chin up mate

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

found sth that could be usefull reading:www.causeof.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

Cheers for the response
I won't answer the questions publically, but I have read em and am answering them personally along with ways to change things I don't like the answer to.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongyou
lets just wait and see where it leads us! and btw,i dont feel dumm i just cannot focus,but i understand things fast enough...the only thing that worries me is that i feel less tolerant and i cannot stand crowds now.

i eat lots of fruit, veggies, exercise and drink almost nothing but water. i'm totally dull. but i kinda like it in ways. my head's not always 100mph.

less tolerant? HAHA! i am sooo intolerant of others anymore. crowds? i've ALWAYS hated them. i'm actually in an overall better mood, though, just not always wide open and sharp.

it's irritating in some ways but relieving in others. i don't feel dumb. i feel a bit more insightful than i used to, though. like i don't even need to use my brain to know some things. a lot of my old thought processes have either become dormant or are now more subconscious. all i wanna do is what i wanna do. don't have any drive to do things that aren't self-prescribed.

yeah...i think there is a great change occuring and it's effecting some of us (probably all of us...i know LOTS of people in real life who've been feeling this, too). we should definitely keep an eye on this.

my friends and i tell each other everything going on here lately. it's been kinda creepy. one night, about 2 months ago, i got into a HUGE fight with my mate and had a panic attack that night and had a breakdown the next morning. later the next night, i decided to network with friends. oddly enough, 3 of my close friends all felt and did the same exact things. about a month ago, my girl and i were "told" to pack up. by "told" i mean that strong inner voice. networked next day...like 6 or 7 of my friends and their mates got the same call to pack up. mind you...these were all unrelated incidences. none of us knew the others were going through it until the next day after it was over.

there are many many many other synchronicities occuring lately. everyone keeps getting sick for a couple days and then it goes away. then less than a month later, sick again and then goes away. never get like really sick...just enough to EF your day up. a lot of us feel that the earth's vibrations are changing and our bodies are slowly adjusting to it. yeah...the whole mayan/alien/psychedelic deal. but yeah...all the symptoms that everyone's listed on this thread are very common lately. declining/loss of sex drive. less need for food and/or sleep. not like can't eat or sleep...like don't feel the need to sleep and eat as you used to.

Mom' changing...you beter change with her...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
its a brave new world, too much information and you are swamped and can't keep up.
take a break.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Maybe ATS is sending out waves through some background script to the users to get them all zonked out!!!

-starts another thread..

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I've been experiencing similar problems, but in particular loss of concentration whereby I can barely follow a sentence in a conversation. I seem to switch off after a few seconds and flit back in and out of the awareness. Even if I do manage to follow what someone says my emotions don't see to kick in and I battle to respond appropriately. I'm 40 now. When I was 20 my mind was so quick I could say something but also take into take into account what the reaction might be before I even said what I was going to say. I was always 4 steps ahead. I majored in French and Spanish at the time (languages are supposed to be good for the brain) and definitely noticed a slow decline once I finished University. Lately, the last year or so, it has become much worse to the point that I can't contribute to a conversation with more than a simple response here and there.
I had x-rays done at a chiropractor a few months ago and it appears that I have 100% forward neck posture (I design websites and spend hours on the computer). This posture results in decreased blood flow to the brain. I'm looking at buying a neck traction pump to put the curve back in my neck. Testimonials say that it helps with clarity. Maybe this new phenomena is caused by increased time on the computer resulting in bad neck posture?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join