It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prayer’s Answered?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I do not consider myself a religious person, but it seems when I really and truly need something, all I need to do is ask God, I will say a short prayer and it happens.

I asked for a good women, wham-o; I have been with this little lady for more than 20 years.

I asked for a better job, bam; I got a job, I’m very satisfied with it, better than I expected.

God has answered my prayers in so many ways, I can't count them all.

Today, I was to run up town to get dog food, but I decided to take a nap, while a storm front moved by; I asked God to keep us safe while I took my nap, you guessed it, a tornadoe missed us by 5 miles. the tornado hit the building I was going to go to, and destroyed the Lowes building across the street. Lowes Leveled by Tornadoe...wow, God did it again?

Things like this have happened to me my whole life; I try not to question it, but everything I ask of God it just seems to happen.

It's like having a guardian angel with you all the time, just amazing to me...

Beleive it! or Not!
edit on 4/17/2011 by Shdak because: Fixed link

edit on 4/17/2011 by Shdak because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/17/2011 by Shdak because: fix link 3rd try

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

That was great! Thanks for sharing... Yes, God is Real! And Prayer Works...As "JESUS Said, According To Your Faith! Let It Be Done."
edit on 17-4-2011 by Faith2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2011 by Faith2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I ask the aliens to let me wake up each morning... guess what? I wake up!

I asked the Great Dragon to give me food every day... wow I ate 3 times today

I asked the All Seeing Puppy with 7 legs to become a mother.. wow i had TWO babies

There was a thunderstornm last night - I asked the the dwarves in my cuboard to save me
Lightning didnt hit me

...do you see where I am going with this???

just FYI i DO believe in GOd and I am religiou/spiritual
I just think you need much more of a convicing argument for the power of prayert than mundane events which happen to 99% of us daily
edit on 17-4-2011 by RADHESYAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Yes Prayers are answered. Anyone who prays with devotion and dedication knows this.
For those whom prayers are not answered, know this just praying without devotion/ emotion does not work.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RADHESYAM

When you do pray and gets its effects, you will know the difference between coincidence, blind luck and the results of the proyer.
The results of the prayer will usually come from a direction you have not even thought of, and you will be surprised by the results. And you don't even need to believe in God for prayer to work.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Faith2011

Hi Faith,

As another Jesus believer - YEAH!

But this person had no particular faith, and yet he got everything from prayer. And I am so glad for that.

But why, when you are going through life with a heavy burden and also carrying someone else with a heavy burden, and you believe in Jesus - why is it so difficult and help seems to be absent?

And I am almost collapsing under that burden, because I am carrying others.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Sounds like your asking for stuff God already has planned for you. Believe me if you pray for something that is not part of God's plan for you it ain't gonna happen.

If God has decided to put you through a tornado for whatever reason no amount of prayer is gonna change that. So yes he answers prayers but according to his plan. I guess you can be reassured you know your doing pretty much what he wants you too.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

Hi Faith,

But this person had no particular faith, and yet he got everything from prayer. And I am so glad for that.

But why, when you are going through life with a heavy burden and also carrying someone else with a heavy burden, and you believe in Jesus - why is it so difficult and help seems to be absent?

Not going to go into different religions etc, but I am going to say this.

Sometimes one is so much under stress that they are not able to put any emotion/ devotion/ faith during prayer, and this is a reason prayer fails to get results. And thus help seems so far away. While prayer try to forget your worries and all problems and you should feel a divine connection, then you can ask for any help. I hope this helps you.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Thanks Faith,

But I do put all of that into praying for help.

And I get no help.

So we are staggering along, me and the people I am carrying.

I have just been in hospital because of the stress. And if I die, these people will have no-one.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

God does answer prayers, I've experienced miracles first hand due to prayers since childhood. God cares about even the little things in our lives that we need help with. When I was a child I prayed for a bully to stop bothering me, he never bothered me again after that. I prayed to find my snowpants to play out during the winter and found them folded neatly where I had already looked, my mom had 4 other children by the time I was 5 years old so she didn't have the time to help me look for my snowpants. I fell out of a tree once as the branch was breaking my heart cried out to the Lord and I was placed ever so gently onto the ground sitting upright while simultaneously feeling an inexpressible love and joy. I had a near death experience where I had actually drowned and came back to life after having spoken to an angel telling him that I didn't want my parents to cry for me, the girl who helped me out of the water admitted that she saw me up in the sky where I had been talking to the angel, as soon as my mouth broke over the surface of the water, plenty of water was spewing out of my mouth like a hose involentarily. Once I had a very bad headache and I admitted to God that he had every right to ignore me because I am a sinner, I brought up how Jesus prayed for Peter in the bible and asked Jesus to pray for my headache to go away and it went away INSTANTLY and COMPLETELY, I felt absolutely wonderful afterwards and amazed. I've asked God to prove to me that he loves me several times and he has, I asked for VERY specific things and he gave them to me. There is much more that I could share but I'll stop here. God, despite who I am, loves me, it's so hard to believe that he does but he's proven his love for me by the things he's done in my life. God is eager to please, he wants everyone here to have a long and satisfying life, and he's no doormat, he's got feelings too.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
So did the 23 people killed in storms last night in North Carolina not pray hard enough? Bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people. I think it is up to yourself to decide if you are a good person or a bad person. Would you treat others with respect without god watching over you? If you answered no then you really should re-evaluate yourself.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RADHESYAM
I ask the aliens to let me wake up each morning... guess what? I wake up!

I asked the Great Dragon to give me food every day... wow I ate 3 times today

I asked the All Seeing Puppy with 7 legs to become a mother.. wow i had TWO babies

There was a thunderstornm last night - I asked the the dwarves in my cuboard to save me
Lightning didnt hit me

...do you see where I am going with this???

just FYI i DO believe in GOd and I am religiou/spiritual
I just think you need much more of a convicing argument for the power of prayert than mundane events which happen to 99% of us daily
edit on 17-4-2011 by RADHESYAM because: (no reason given)

There is no convincing argument for the power of prayers, I think it just has to happen to you and you know it when it does and it is between you and God, no one else. When that happens to you personally you will be convinced God answers prayers. And He does. You did not really ask for any of those things except perhaps in secret parts of your heart. The place that God reads. That is how they came to be yours.

And if you scoff at a gift....it disappears.

I have a friend who shook his fist at the wind. It knocked his house down.
edit on 17-4-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cerricerri
So did the 23 people killed in storms last night in North Carolina not pray hard enough? Bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people. I think it is up to yourself to decide if you are a good person or a bad person. Would you treat others with respect without god watching over you? If you answered no then you really should re-evaluate yourself.

I have friends and family that were in the path of that storm, most I have heard from, a few I have not, you asked, did they not prey hard enough? I can't answer that...most of them were going through their normal routine and not even thinking of a tornado; (from the ones I talked with), which reminds me of this saying; He will come as a thief in the night.

Good and Bad things happen to the wrong people? I believe Satin will give you the world if it fits his agenda; He even tempted Jesus, if I remember correctly. I lost allot of good friends in my lifetime, and it seemed unfair to me, but these people were honest, trustworthy, and would give you the shirt off their back to help others… they don’t fit in Satin’s world, and I believe God has taken them on to do better and greater things.

The last question you asked, yes I would, and I do… if you are a believer or not. Just as I respect your answer and opinion here on this thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Sometimes we do not understand that burdens we carry are something God has entrusted to us – because He trusts us with them.The burden given you is in direct proportion to your strength. The pain you bear is in direct proportion to the tolerance that you possess. Hang in there, Yes most people in this life suffer much, But there is Hope and Strength for those who Trust in God.... The time will come, No more pain and suffering....
(All Will Be Renewed)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

In truth, prayers aren't really "answered," per se. There isn't a kind old man who carefully listens to prayers and makes sure they are answered. This could never be, if everyone's prayers were all answered on the same day it would be chaos. What it is, in reality, is human will. You sum up the energy and send it forth, while concentrating on the end result, and bingo, if you are strong enough, it comes true. there is also Fate to consider, and the fact that we each choose our lives before being born here on Earth, I did this, and so did you. Some seem to think that "God" sits up in the sky and directs human life, and is wholly responsible for everything. Not true. We live in a Matrix of Energy that responds to our human will. If I wish something hard enough, and concentrate on it, and send out energy to it's end, and it is destined for me, then I get it. Doesn't matter who you pray to, it is all the same energy.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

Hi Faith,

When you think about this, don't forget to remember the incredible burden Christ carries for all.

He chastised me once by letting me feel what he feels, but only for a split second, which was more than enough to understand it..

He's the very best teacher

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

a friend of mine asked God to cure her mother's cancer, and Wham-o, her mother died a long, drawn out, excruciatingly painful death. "God" literally tortured her mother to death. Is that his way of rewarding her faith? Is that job he gave you more beneficial than my friend NOT watching her mother waste away into a bag of bones and blood? she's never been the same, by the way. She doesn't really talk to anyone any more, but I guess she just failed god's little test eh?

I hope this doesn't sound like i'm bitter. I'm no atheist, I just think that you should give yourself credit for your accomplishments and thank God for allowing to earn for yourself. He didn't hear you and decide that you were "good enough" for a new job or a new woman any more than he heard my friend and decided that she was so evil that she needed such terrible punishment.

The personal God of the bible and other western scriptures is a fallacy. He's got bigger and better things to worry about than our jobs and mothers. Like keeping the Universe spinning.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Yes! And the Time will Come...For Everlasting Joy! Transformed For HEAVEN! (ThankYou JESUS)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Shdak

In truth, prayers aren't really "answered," per se. There isn't a kind old man who carefully listens to prayers and makes sure they are answered. This could never be, if everyone's prayers were all answered on the same day it would be chaos. What it is, in reality, is human will. You sum up the energy and send it forth, while concentrating on the end result, and bingo, if you are strong enough, it comes true. there is also Fate to consider, and the fact that we each choose our lives before being born here on Earth, I did this, and so did you. Some seem to think that "God" sits up in the sky and directs human life, and is wholly responsible for everything. Not true. We live in a Matrix of Energy that responds to our human will. If I wish something hard enough, and concentrate on it, and send out energy to it's end, and it is destined for me, then I get it. Doesn't matter who you pray to, it is all the same energy.

nice.
I was reading replies trying to think of a good way to say precisely that and, wham-o! there's your comment!
it's like god heard me trying to think of those words and then went back in time to tell you to post it!

or rather, we are all pulling ideas and energy out of the same pool at the same time. your thoughts reached my brain before I actually read the words because we happened to be "vibrating" at the same "frequency" at the same time! (quotes because those are just the earthly words we've ascribed to the phenomenon)

Which world view is more beneficial? thinking that you can will your imagination into the real world through careful thought and consideration? or thinking that if you need/want something, just ask santa cl- er, God and if you believe hard enough and right enough and ask in just the right way... he'll give it to you! of course, he'll give it to your atheist, drug addicted neighbor too!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Every human is a child of our Creator, and there is NOTHING that he does not know or cannot do.

He cares and is willing to help, but there are limits to what can be done, for EACH human is His child too.

Suppose I pray for a million dollars in my room today. Do you think it is impossible? No, I don't. It can be done. But the only issue is, WHERE will the million dollars come from?

The Feds printed the money with circulation numbers and verification. It will have to come from someone else. Isn't that theft itself? Let's face it, would my prayers be asking our Creator to do something that is against the very laws he had use to guide us so that we may live in a civilised society?

Those whom are dying, espacially those whom are related to, will often turn against and blame our Creator. But it had been our free will, to learn, to evovle, to avoid certain issues that may be detrimental to our own health. But it is our health and free will to decide how we best use it.

And when we suffer from our own doing, we blame others. Our Creator cares and know, and had shown mercy to the dying, by not prolonging the suffering any further, and let it end there and then.

Afterall, we all have expire dates anyway as our cells in our dna constructed bodies will expire, but not our eternal souls sent to Earth to learn, to experience and to touch lives and then return back.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join