It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April 17th: Smoke rises from control panel at TEPCO nuclear plant in Niigata

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Smoke rose briefly from a control panel at a nuclear power plant in Niigata Prefecture on the Sea of Japan coast Saturday, the operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. said.

No one was injured in the 7:45 p.m. incident that occurred during the checking of water purification equipment at the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa nuclear complex, the company said, adding it has yet to determine the cause.

The utility is currently battling to bring the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant under control

english.kyodonews.jp...

I don't believe this is Earthquake related, although equipment may have been damaged during the initial quake.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Although this may turn out to be nothing, instuments are crucial to proper performance and needed in order to gauge what actions need to be implemented for safe operation. I hope this will not be thier way of easing us into more bad news.
edit on 16-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: .

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm wondering what's going on at the Onagawa Nuclear Power Plant

RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service
Budapest, Hungary
Back to WWA

Share:
Megosztás Follow RSOE_EDIS on Twitter

Nuclear Event - Asia Common Alerting Protocol
Event summary
EDIS Number NC-20110408-30225-JPN
Event type: Nuclear Event Date / time [UTC]: 08/04/2011 - 10:36:05
County / State: Prefecture of Miyagi City: Ishinomaki city
Cause of event: Water spills and water leaks Log date [UTC]: 08/04/2011 - 10:36:05
Damage level: Time left: -
Latitude: 38° 24.020 Longitude: 141° 30.018
Dead person(s): N/A Injured person(s): N/A
Missing person(s): N/A Infected person(s): N/A
Evacuated person(s): N/A Affected person(s): N/A

hisz.rsoe.hu...

edit on 16-4-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
So this would make the 3rd facility over there to have issues, right?

Fukushima, this one and then ... uhhh.. .shoot... Onagawa? Is that the right name? lol Dang my lack of Asian language skills!

ETA: Hah thank you to BBY for putting the right name for the 3rd facility up while I was typing my reply.. Now I don't feel so silly! lol
edit on 16-4-2011 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Third facility having problems is a little frightening. I just followed the OP's link to Onagawa's incident, and found the detailed description of the problems there a little frightening already...though I know that one is probably old news to most...listing them below...hisz.rsoe.hu...
Water spills and water leaks have been reported at a nuclear power station in northeastern Japan after a 7.1-magnitude earthquake overnight. Tohoku Electric Power Company, which runs the Onagawa Nuclear Power Plant in Miyagi Prefecture, said water had spilled onto the floor at all three of the plant's reactors. The company also said it found water leaks at five locations in the plant, including inside buildings housing the reactors. The operator said the blowout panels, devices designed to control pressure inside the buildings, were damaged at reactor No. 3. The plant's operations have been suspended since a 9-magnitude earthquake on March 11. [edit on 17-4-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

I can't wait to find out what happened at the third plant...yikes...hope it's something small

edit on 17-4-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Everything Is Under Control

Nothing to worry about. Everything is fine here.

[size=0]Okay yes, I know this is is wildly inappropriate, but if you can’t laugh in the face of a major disaster, then what CAN you laugh at?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Thanks Super Mod, we needed that!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Are you the same person that in another thread said is happy to live near a nuclear power station?

If not disregard. If yes please explain. Do you and have you always had a deathwish?

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm afraid our friends in Japan are gone. If the radiation doesn't catch up with them, their bottom line will. Their recovery seems insurmountable.

Honestly though, this reminds me of Building 7 at the WTC - no structural damage, but it went down just as fast as WTC. Couple this with the 3.3 billion default by Morgan Stanley. The $$ signs start adding up. The collage of circumstances seems awfully suspicious to me.

edit on 18-4-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

join