It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This needs to stop

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Can we please have the Atheists and the UFO believers stop making their lame and most annoying statements in threads. You know the ones.."god does not exist" "Imaginary friend"/..etc..OK we get it..you do not believe in God..move on..no need to pop into a thread to remind ATS. The UFO believers need to also stop their lame attempt at mocking also..."must be swamp gas, lanterns or venus"...

These phrases are the most annoying and they do not add anything to the discussion...they usually just pop in..say their little catch phrase then pop out and basically put no effort in their posts.

Put this in media because I believe people need to learn how annoying they really are...
I was gonna put it in Skunkworks...but ehh...MODS DO AS YOU WISH..

edit on 16-4-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh! Oh no! Sorry my master... Please have mercy!

God doesn't exist...
edit on 16-4-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
God does not exist.

To continue to believe in an imaginary figure is to continue to be ignorant, something we are supposed to not do on this site. Therefore, when I see a site promoting that ignorance, I'll probably pop in to the thread and remind people that they are being ignorant.

Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
God does not exist.

To continue to believe in an imaginary figure is to continue to be ignorant, something we are supposed to not do on this site. Therefore, when I see a site promoting that ignorance, I'll probably pop in to the thread and remind people that they are being ignorant.

Have a nice day.

At least you told us why you do not believe...
Didn't exactly tell us why you do not believe in God..but at least you posted a reason for making a statement..so it will do...carry on..

edit on 16-4-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

sometimes, when a person isn't as socially graceful as others, they can express themselves in unproductive or counterproductive ways. it's important to try to sift through the bias and emotions and make an honest attempt to figure out what a person is truly trying to say, and not focus merely on how they are saying it.

bible bashers think that religion is detrimental to society, and they have valid claims. UFO enthusiasts lack a solid piece of "smoking gun" evidence, so others try to offer logical solutions. It is unfortunate when people don't use reason and research to support their opinions, but it isn't up to you to tell us all how to express ourselves. Your role is to either seek the true meaning in people's statements, or, as you put it, move on.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Nope, It aint going to happen sport.
Sorry but Nope.

Ps. Religion is the biggest hoax perpetrated on mand kind.
And ufo's are real and are awesome

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

To be honest this applies to any subject and any view. Have civility and respect for your fellow posters. Below are just some of the threads regarding believers vs non-believers:

Civility, decorum and the Aliens and UFO Forum

ENOUGH! YouTube Videos in the A/UFO Forum and those who hate them.

And let us not forget - Terms and Conditions of Use - a thread that I sometimes wish more people would take the time to read.

People are entitled to their opinions but politeness costs nothing.

- Phoenix
edit on 16/4/2011 by phoenix_zephyr because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
As long as the religious fundies stop posting bible scripture literally ALL OVER EVERY FREAKING THREAD!

Hey here is a great story about a possible explanation for the big Bang
GENESIS 12:35 states BLAHDDITY 5000 years old durp durrrrr!

Check out this new theory on evolution HURP CORINTHIANS DURP DURP HERP! 12-465:99 subparagraph 2 states ...well you have to interpret it with your heart but you cant see it suc YOU DUN CCEPT JEEZUZ!
edit on 16-4-2011 by idonotcollectstamps because: Edited to change YOU to THE smartalec

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I play some cards and you are doing what can be called "tipping your hand." Showing everyone what you have when they don't need to see it.
If people know this bothers you you are going to get a rash of it.
People are not all that creative (I mean compared to God that is) and without deeper meaning and sense of purpose in their lives they are often left very bored. They will go for the low hanging fruit. You have stood up and said pick on me. This isn't a religious group of people per se. Religion it is certainly a topic of conspiracy among many as it should be because without proof (past faith) religious beliefs are personal and cannot be proved.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps
As long as you religious fundies stop posting bible scripture literally ALL OVER EVERY FREAKING THREAD!

I am not religious...
I also get annoyed when they post their bible..crap...but at least they are giving a reason for belief. The people I am talking about don't...they just pop in a thread..do their little song and dance..then leave. Give no reason for why..they said what they have to say.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I play some cards and you are doing what can be called "tipping your hand." Showing everyone what you have when they don't need to see it.
If people know this bothers you you are going to get a rash of it.
People are not all that creative (I mean compared to God that is) and without deeper meaning and sense of purpose in their lives they are often left very bored. They will go for the low hanging fruit. You have stood up and said pick on me. This isn't a religious group of people per se. Religion it is certainly a topic of conspiracy among many as it should be because without proof (past faith) religious beliefs are personal and cannot be proved.

I can deal with that...pretty much expecting it...I call those people juvenile. Never gets to me...so let them do what they feel they must...waste of time if you ask me..

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

To add to what Idontcollectstamps said...

I get way more annoyed when someone quotes bible verse as a proof of anything. This is every bit as unoriginal and useless as someone talking about a sky fairy and mocking the Christian beliefs.

If you want to quote bible verse while discussing the Bible that is cool, but if you want to use it as a proof of a thing being morally wrong, or corrupted either try harder or you will get the mocking retorts.

As far as the UFO believers making fun of the official explanations... come on some of those explanations are stretching and really deserve to be mocked.

If someone comes into a serious biblical discussion and starts mocking instead of participating they need to get newspapered on the nose. If a person comes into a serious moral discussion about society and begins quoting bible verses instead of making a good argument they deserve the same treatment.

Now with all that said I think God might be swamp gas...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I believe God created those extraterrestrials in that UFO, so I guess I am really out there.

Must we believe in ether or?
Why do Christians think God is so weak that he can only create life on this planet?

And if the extraterrestrials did create us then who created them?

edit on 16-4-2011 by Tygart because: Typo

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

Good post I have been attacked by these israelites for some time now and with for no reason. they just annoy ATS all the time with their BS!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
We need to suffer to feel empathy, most of us here are comfortably middle-class, we sit behind our screens and pass judgement on others all the while sipping on coffee and making plans for the day. This civilised attitude made us all arrogant, hipster atheists think they know the world without personal loss and christians think they know the word of god without walking the same path Jesus did (he walked amongst the lower classes and saw misery and gave hope to the downtrodden).

Respect towards others comes from personal pain, we see hurt, we want to help because i know what you feel yet many of us never had to fight addiction and win, survive brutal random violence or lose a parent or good friend. We kept pain and suffering sequestered to hospitals and behind closed doors so we became blind to the real world. The internet created more disconnection from misery leading to these ridiculous squabbles we see on ATS

I guess the more civilised we are, the more we become secular. This attitude will worsen until some global tragedy forces us back into the real world.
edit on 24-4-2011 by Cheerfulnihilist because:

edit on 24-4-2011 by Cheerfulnihilist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
I am not religious...
I also get annoyed when they post their bible..crap...but at least they are giving a reason for belief. The people I am talking about don't...they just pop in a thread..do their little song and dance..then leave. Give no reason for why..they said what they have to say.

No disrespect but that is garbage. Honestly quoting the bible isn't giving a reason, it's just plagiarizing at best and not thinking at worst.

If I came and said I feel like we should xyz because I read about it in some book, that would show both weak character in me and in my intellectual prowess. Christians accept the teachings of Hindu religious texts or the Koran as proof of ANYTHING about as much as I accept the bible.

What makes things really sad is that one can defend almost any position without the use of the bible, which really should be used in mixed company anyway due to it's spotty acceptance as valid. The knife cuts both ways and we should apply the same standards in both directions.

So in a fair note to all:

Athiests, please consider not simplemindedly bashing Christianity because you don't believe it's true. To refute the validity of the book or it's tenants is not the same things as the blanket and non-constructive nonsense coming from our camp like "It's just an instrument to control the masses". Insults really aren't needed or wanted.

Christians, or any religion for that matter, please consider not using the bible to defend non-biblical things unless you don't mind not being taken seriously. Other religions and those who hold to none do not accept the bible as fact or evidence of anything so it's normally a moot point that really just embarrasses you.

Peace
KJ

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

edit on 4/24/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I've noticed that very few atheists actually start the threads. The comments you describe usually turn up in threads that are titled, "If you don't believe in God, you're an idiot" or similar.
I think the posts are more reactive than anything.

If I am affronted by failed logic, and unproven events, I react with questions. Sadly, few are answered.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Most atheist's are sociopaths. All sociopaths do not have a conscience. Therefore it is likely some atheist's derive pleasure in harassing others, meaning it is pointless to ask them to play nice when they where born evil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join