It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We’re Not From The Milky Way Galaxy! We’re Sagittarians, Say Scientists! What Of Earth's Future

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Hehe... there may be more to this measly little life than you think. Next year is going to be of epic proportions...

P.S. Global warming is really going to kick up a notch once this planet turns into a star.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

a sharp decrease of sulfur-containing gases in its atmosphere
This really jumped out at me... the sulfur in the atmosphere is one of the causes of Venus' powerful greenhouse effect.

The large amount of CO2 in the atmosphere together with water vapor and sulfur dioxide create a strong greenhouse effect, trapping solar energy and raising the surface temperature to around 740 K (467°C), hotter than any other planet in the solar system, even that of Mercury despite being located further out from the Sun and receiving only 25% of the solar energy Mercury does.
Wikipedia source.

Maybe we'll be able to actually send some craft into Venus in the near future, or perhaps more.
edit on 15/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

OrionHunterX

Thankyou for a very interesting and informative peice of information......

I really don't think we need to worry too much because firstly these events obviously occur over millions of years and we would have to be extremely unlucky to be caught up at the EXACT moment of 'flux'....

Secondly, What could the Human species do about it ??....... answer, Absolutely nothing !!!

If only the WHOLE of humanity was not so preocupied with conflict, consumerism and celebrity.......... and spent time creating the ability for us, as a species to explore the universe and beyond........ oh well..

Regards

PDUK
edit on 15-4-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Being naive is thinking that as this is happening RIGHT NOW that a global shift could not possibly happen anytime soon. Even on a Galactic Scale, you don't know if things are going to happen tomorrow or 5 Billion years from now.

You sir, are very small compared to space. Just like the rest of us.

With certain events playing out the way they are. It's a thought that I'm banking on.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Been debunked on ATS many times before.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Seeing something as grand as this really does have a way of putting our fragile existance into perspective. Which, of course, only leads me to believe that our scientist don't have even the smallest of clues as to what is going on in the universe, on any scale.

In just a fraction of a universal second, we hope beyond all hope to unravel all the mysteries.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AlteredTom

Yea? Good. You carry on banking on that thought because I'm gonna deeply enjoy the fact that you and everybody else that beliefs in this are wrong and disappointed.

Unreal that there are actually people that think we are gonna go through some kind of change/shift in life or consciousness that's gonna make us turn from a joe that watches Jackass every night into an ultra advanced intelligent entity when we haven't even filled the equivalent of 1 megabyte of information from our 100 gigabyte brain. And you think that on one ordinary day our eyes are just gonna open to the secrets of the universe and we are going to be able to see dimensions when we don't even know 80% of our own planet?

Sorry. Life isn't like that. We are gonna have to do some actual work on ourselves and earn the thing that we want to be. Nothing is gonna hand it to you. What? You think space is some kind of joke and that it's gonna give us some kind of magical superpowers or enlightenment? Get real...

Like a quote from Transformers. "No Sacrifice. No Victory."

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

I agree, we really do need to work on ourselves as a species, but to say that it's impossible for humans to advance quickly is inaccurate. Life forms evolve when conditions and environment changes and when a species must evolve to survive, this change can and has happened quickly in the past. This is evident in our planet's past, as the earth has been subject to environment altering changes (and some happened quickly!) and yet we are still here.. as well as a host of other organisms that evolved and survived changes over long periods of time, and some changes that happened much faster..

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Mellok

I never said that there aren't changes. I said that there aren't immediate changes. As in one second you are a plumber and the next you are an astral super ET. Sure changes happen. But even they take some time.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Back to my question, should we be worried?

What would be the point? Something or nothing can happen at most any point in time. The Earth could end tomorrow or a billion years from now.

Worrying about things over which we have no control is mental illness is it not?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
reply to post by Mellok

I never said that there aren't changes. I said that there aren't immediate changes. As in one second you are a plumber and the next you are an astral super ET. Sure changes happen. But even they take some time.

I agree, there may be some that are slacking and waiting for a "change" so they can continue to blame the world and not look inside for answers and change. I also agree that most evolution happens over a long period of time by our standard. I'm by no means saying here that Joe will be a janitor one day and levitating the next.

But my point here is what may seem like instant to us may have been building for ages. We have a pretty skewed viewpoint from where we stand. Odds are probably against any major changes in our lifetime... But what we consider "constant" (environment) is actually always adjusting. Cosmic forces are expanding and assimilating. I'm just saying SOMEONE will probably be around when "it" happens =P
Let's not hold our breath on psychic powers, but perhaps we will learn something new about these bodies we ride around in. I learn something new every day about the capabilities of the human mind/consciousness. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?
edit on 15-4-2011 by Mellok because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2011 by Mellok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Could this mean that Nibiru/PlanetX or whatever, is in that other Galaxy, and goes through ours ever few thousand years? Just asking...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by Jepic
reply to post by OrionHunterX

And you think "raining down" means like raindrops...

No! I'm gonna tell you again. Raining down in a galactic scale doesn't mean within a few years. It means within million of years.

No one in his right mind would think of raining in the literal sense!!
It means that the effects are being seen in the Solar System for the last several decades with increasing intensity. There's going to be no 'bang' for your buck!
But the effects are being felt. And then this doesn't mean that stars would be 'raining down'. It's the dust and other cosmic material that we're passing through like the Leonid meteor shower, but this one is cosmic 'dust' of the Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy!

Hi, if we take that at face value, it's been happening since life began in any shape on Earth and will continue to happen until our sun calls it a day and takes us with it. I can't see how to agree that this generation, or the next few will see any additional effects of what is fairly much understood to be part of the expansion of the universe which is not really new news?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is such a great theory for global warming. It is impossible to deny the fact that our Earth is heating up, but man made cause is pretty improbable in my mind. Isn't carbon what plants thrive on? Alas that is a different argument.

This evidence of the rest of solar system is eye opening and seems to connect many dots. Thanks S+F.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Sounds pretty cool to be part of the Sagittarius Dwarf system as that is what I am..."I Think"...oh wait, someone recently said that me and a few others out there are really Ophiuchus! Oh never mind, I'm confused now.

Nice post OP...thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
about two years ago I was institutionalized do to a mental break I had. During this "break" spirits that gave me the impression to call them the mother and father. informed me that earth was the result of the union of two different galaxies. I didn't quite understand all that was revealed to me but I definitely remember this.
Strange that I came to the correct conclusion do to insanity.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join