It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for the demonization of another candidate�s spouse�

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

INTRIGUE BUILDS AROUND UNEARTHED TERESA HEINZ INTERVIEW; DEVELOPING HARD AT BOSTON HERALD/ABC NEWS

www.drudgereport.com...

They did it with Nancy, Barbara, Hilary, and Tipper

Anything but the issues! Do we really care what a spouse says or does within reason? What has happened to intellectual honesty in our politics?

[edit on 26-7-2004 by loam]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Anything but the issues! Do we really care what a spouse says or does within reason? What has happened to intelectual honesty in our politics?

I agree with you to a point, But Hillary really seemed to push alot of the decisions in the Clinton era. I think the days of the meek political housewife is over, and the candidates need to be considered with thier wives.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

What has happened to intelectual honesty in our politics?

At the risk of a one-liner, I say:
What intellectual honesty in politics?
Have you seen any lately?
I guess it is in the same area of our country with intellectual honesty in the media!

Or, perhaps, through the looking-glass!

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Politicians aren't Politicians now, they're celebrities.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
....and the candidates need to be considered with thier wives.

No, no, no!!! This is not a package deal. We vote for A president, not a co-presideny with the first lady...and NOT a presidential dynamo duo with the John-Johns.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You know she's a foreigner, right?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well, I'm all for putting people in their place if they mis-quote, step out of line, what have you. But, considering the fact that Mrs. Heinz-othername-othername-othername-Kerry was getting upset for something that she had in fact said to begin with. I do believe her anger was misplaced. The reporter was being quite civil.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Teresa Heinz Kerry, years before becoming a Democrat, railed against the party's ``putrid'' politics, said she didn't trust Sen. Edward M. Kennedy [related, bio] and angrily called the liberal lion a ``perfect bastard.''

In comments published in a little-known 1975 book about political wives called ``The Power Lovers: An Intimate Look at Politicians and Their Marriages,'' Heinz Kerry lashed out at the senator she'll share the primetime convention stage with tonight...

news.bostonherald.com...

Comments a quarter century old...Give me a break! Who cares?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
[

I agree with you to a point, But Hillary really seemed to push alot of the decisions in the Clinton era. I think the days of the meek political housewife is over, and the candidates need to be considered with thier wives.

christ, why not have the wives be the running mates? hell hillary ran the white house for 8 years so theres a reason to make your spouse your running mate.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

christ, why not have the wives be the running mates? hell hillary ran the white house for 8 years so theres a reason to make your spouse your running mate.

And let's not forget Nancy's part in history, running the country for the Gipper.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Folks, it seems to me that most, if not all, spouses of political candidates wield some level of influence. It�s called a marriage. (For those of you who are married, think of your own marriage. If the same doesn�t hold true for you, then I�m willing to bet your marriage is neither a good one, nor likely to last�) Frankly, our political maturity is rather disappointing. What are we looking for? Uncommitted eunuchs? Oh, brother�this gets old...

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

What are we looking for? Uncommitted eunuchs? Oh, brother�this gets old...

"Stepford Wives" comes to mind.
I like TH; she's spunky and actually speaks her mind. Laura Bush, on the other hand, is creepily robotic.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

They did it with Nancy, Barbara, Hilary, and Tipper

While I agree that the majority of these women were unfairly treated. I must say I did enjoy the Tipper bashing after her appearance in Congress to complain about the evils of rock and rap music.

top topics

join