It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Scott! China ban films and TV shows featuring time travel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

BP, you act as if you don't know me *grabs heart dramatically*

Here is the Coast to Coast AM show I was referring to. It was one of Art Bells few apperances for all of you Art Bell C2C fans
For those of you like me with stream link, or I guess they call it insider account now, you can download it there, there are excerpts for free for everyone

Here it is on youtube but these tend to disappear. Part 1:

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Pffft, and this is coming from a government that suggests spirituality and religion are a "retardation".

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
reply to post by Max_TO

The Chinese ain't stupid. If they have indeed done this, they've probably extrapolated on something
and have a good reason to have people not think about time travel in their wildest dream.
If I'm not mistaked even the vatican tries to dissuade anything on time travel and the vatican and the germans have a far reach and influence into such things.

If that's true, then The Chinese must be being stupid, as banning what is known as a 'fictional thing' is only going to make people question 'why?' and draw more attention to it.

Personally I think it's all bonkers lol, and I guess I won't be able to catch up on Dr Who on the Chinese streaming sites now as he's a timelord, I wonder what this draconian censorship is really about?

Outlining the reason for it's decision to ban time travel, the Chinese government said: 'Producers and writers are treating serious history in a frivolous way, which should by no means be encouraged anymore.' FILMS BANNED IN CHINA Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure Back to the Future The Time Traveller’s Wife 12 monkeys All the Star Trek films All the Terminator films Planet of the Apes The Butterfly Effect Austin Powers A Christmas Carol It added that the ban applies to films that contain 'fantasy, time-travel, random compilations of mythical stories, bizarre plots, absurd techniques, even propagating feudal superstitions, fatalism and reincarnation, ambiguous moral lessons, and even a lack of positive thinking.'

Wow, Communism at it's finest

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well if what Dr David Anderson says is true that the chinese are busy with TCT and India are even further ahead then what will that mean for the rest of us I wonder? I somehow cant image that the chinese would impose such a ban because they wanted to deflect from their own research then again they are a strange lot!

Furthermore if China and India are leading research and breakthroughs in thr field of TCT then this may encourage the west to disclose.

Everythings gone potty in the world recently!!! Whats brewing under the surface I wonder!

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Perhaps the Chinese government caught wind of some Chinese move producer wanting to make a time travel movie where jet li goes back in time to save the Emperor?

It's just to bizarre to try and understand why they would try and limit this topic ?

As for coast to coast and David Anderson , very entertaining to say the least , only problem is this guy David Anderson doesn't seem to be doing much except selling crap on a website . I just don't see him as a creditable source for cutting edge time travel research , which it to bad because the show was very interesting

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Maybe this is a new thread if no previous

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Posted a new thread to stimulate some more discussion on Dr David Andersons latest assertions about TCT.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
How Dare they ban Doctor Who !!!! They just have no taste.

They do have Anti-Gravity machines - it's been all over the news.. so they gonna ban those in media too?

This is a form of censorship, oppression and mind control. This is just as bad as if they were killing rebels in Libya - only it's a different type of crime.

Seriously, these monsters should be stopped. i say we Nuke the Government or carry out covert hits on them. Lets start a revolution and Free those people!
edit on 16-4-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: edit

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Just like in the other thread on this topic, it seems nobody on here actually bothered to read the news article either, and also just reacted to the sensationalist headline.

The article is a fourth hand reference to a BLOG, where somebody said the Chinese government are sick of the number of movies and TV shows in recent years that have time travel as a theme.
Thats all.

Oneday I'm going to start a thread with a sensationalist headline about Nibiru or HAARP, but link to an article on shoe care, or how to lay carpet, or stamp collecting. I suspect about 90 percent of people will reply to the headline.
Its just want the MSM want from you. You're easier to lead that way.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Just like in the other thread on this topic, it seems nobody on here actually bothered to read the news article either, and also just reacted to the sensationalist headline.

The article is a fourth hand reference to a BLOG, where somebody said the Chinese government are sick of the number of movies and TV shows in recent years that have time travel as a theme.
Thats all.

Er dude.. I read the article and I don't know where you got that from. I don't see that in the article at all. This info is stated as facts.

I can re-post the entire article if you like.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

The article is "China ban films and TV shows featuring time travel" but most people are acting as if they have banned the actual physical act of time travel, or the research thereof (because thats the implication of the thread title).

The guidelines, which fell short of an outright ban of such dramas...

But more annoyingly, news articles get edited. The announcement by the State Administration for Radio, Film & Television was in Chinese (naturally) and first broken to the rest of the world by a chinese reading blog poster from Hong Kong. Other media then picked it up, and other media then linked to those articles and other websites linked to those.
Now, (as I said, annoyingly) the media have now edited the online articles to reference the State Administration for Radio Film & Television directly, making me look like an idiot.
But then, sometimes I am one.

edit on 17-4-2011 by alfa1 because: Added quote.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I see. Thank you for clearing that up.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Oh s***, they found we had re-written history, ok who talked? They should b**** and moan. They can and do re-write history all the time, and don't even try to use methods as elegant as we do. Hope they have well deserved nightmares. It takes a hell of a lot more to change history then frequent robbing of the national archives and replacing books in the library. And making newscasters "disappear".

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by vivalarevolution
Coming soon to U. S. of A. Hah, those crazy reds, always gotta be first ushering in new ways

I knew some dumb ass would mention the USA when this has nothing to do with the uSA

second line.
edit on 17-4-2011 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

Originally posted by vivalarevolution
Coming soon to U. S. of A. Hah, those crazy reds, always gotta be first ushering in new ways

I knew some dumb ass would mention the USA when this has nothing to do with the uSA

second line.
edit on 17-4-2011 by DuceizBack because: (no reason given)

On the contrary, i've a feelin uncle sam has got everythin to do with it

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join