It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Scott! China ban films and TV shows featuring time travel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Great Scott! China ban films and TV shows featuring time travel

www.dailymail.co.uk

Shows that feature time travel have been effectively banned by the Chinese government after it issued new rules for TV and film directors.

In the latest crackdown on dissent, authorities want its citizens to uphold the country's values and not promote anything that would re-write history.

Chinese censors issued guidance to the film and television industry, which producers would be unwise to ignore if they want to stay on air.
Time travel is on the list of activities that have been banned for scriptwriters and directors since March 31 that includes reincarnation and feudal superstitions
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Gee , this is a bit on the silly side . I guess the Chinese government doesn't care for ATS too much , not to mention theoretical physics .

Perhaps this will go the way of there attack on the sparrows , like come on , no time travel moves , down with back to the future ??

Just seems so silly for there attention to be focused on something so trivial .

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Silly Chinese. The dissenters will just go back in time and alter the rules.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This always sucks when this happens to me...

But its already posted here

But I will give you a star for effort!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Common How can they not love the Doc in back to the future not to mention the Delorian and I still regularly bring out flux capacitor to explain components I don't know the name of. I

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
What on earth has prompted them to do this?

Is a large percentage shirking their communist responsibilities, and instead spending all their time trying to build a time machine? The mind boggles.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

for all ats users who have netflix account go see for yourselves there alot of chinese cinema there.

i don't believe this one.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

how can they stop a gajillion copies of back to the future 1, 2 and 3, terminator 1, 2 and 3 and 4 from leaking through the digital domain? yeah. i'd hate to be chinese (the nationality, not the race) and so oppressed, but, how much different are we, REALLY? let's put on fox news to find out!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

The Chinese ain't stupid. If they have indeed done this, they've probably extrapolated on something
and have a good reason to have people not think about time travel in their wildest dream.
If I'm not mistaked even the vatican tries to dissuade anything on time travel and the vatican and the germans have a far reach and influence into such things.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It might possibly be because they have such technology and don't want any part of it leaked through "sci-fi" on television/film.

I have heard several places including coast to coast am of such technology in development in China among other places.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The Chinese indeed have government research labs on time travel.
As a member above said..they could have found something very juicy.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

It's obviously a Red Chinese plot to bring down 7-UP

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Its a reason why there kids are so Intelligent. They sit on their asses playing elf games and making up abbreviations all day.

Good for China keep the people smart. Dont become america.
How would fictional shows help the citizens anyway?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Maybe the chinese gov dont want the people to think too much about returning to the time of Tienamen Square and a 2nd bite at the cherry. Me thinks they are afraid of something and usually its all too often the people!

Cant imagine they have imposed this ban because they are just being down right silly!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLogicalist

Not really, they are like any ruling power. They want to make sure "Their Version" of history is taught.

In the latest crackdown on dissent, authorities want its citizens to uphold the country's values and not promote anything that would re-write history.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Shine on, China, you beacon of insecurity and insanity!

I would say this probably has nothing to do with trying to keep top secret time machines "under wraps" and more to do with making sure the Chinese masses don't get any strange ideas in their heads about any possible changed history that could very well have led to a changed present - all gleened from viewing a TV show.

No, CCTV 1, CCTV 2, CCTV, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, etc, etc, will continue to disgorge the same, endlessly inane, war propaganda dramas until the end of time...or until Micheal Knight and Kitt put them in their place.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There may well be testing times ahead for China. Now they are on the up but that could all change. There numbers may well present massive problems for the future, same for India! Time travel then would be a desirable option for them!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
What on earth has prompted them to do this?

Is a large percentage shirking their communist responsibilities, and instead spending all their time trying to build a time machine? The mind boggles.

Didn't you read the article? It tells you right there.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
No the headline was enough for me.
My neighbours are chinese and they are strange!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
The Chinese indeed have government research labs on time travel.
As a member above said..they could have found something very juicy.

So the best idea in that scenario is to pique peoples curiosity about what WAS a covert operation and instead turn the publics eye toward it?

I have a bit of a hard time swallowing that line of reasoning.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join