It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Scott! China ban films and TV shows featuring time travel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Does this mean China has no tomorrow or yesterday?
If I imagine a time in the past before the ruling party came to be, that may have been a better time to be alive, is that time travel? What if I imagine that it was worse? Would that be ok? I have such trouble playing by the rules, help!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by TheLogicalist

Not really, they are like any ruling power. They want to make sure "Their Version" of history is taught.

In the latest crackdown on dissent, authorities want its citizens to uphold the country's values and not promote anything that would re-write history.

That may well be true, but it is frankly a dumb move then by the Chinese Government. What they are essentially saying (if you are correct) is that their own people are far too stupid to realize that time travel (right now) is a fantasy and movies based around it is fantasy and because they ARE too stupid to realize that, that they must remove all creation/viewing of such material because it will skew their vision on how they view our REAL history.

Come on, it has to be something else, even the Chinese Government isn't that dumb.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It is nothing about time travel, time warps, theoratical physics, Ling Na's experiments, etc, etc.

It is about the unvarnished truth of China's turbulent and often timoultous history of despots being overthrown.

Mankind draws strengths from their ancestors, for they had suffered, endured and sacrificed often themselves for a better future for their loved ones and society through rebellion, with or without force to eject indolent tyrants such as as the corrupt CCP gov is today.

The illegitimate gov of CCP is in deep sh#T today, as more are aware of their roots, more so our long suffering fellow human chinese brothers and sisters.

Any whiff of the past only sets the masses minds for salvation, and in the face of those mass murdering tyrants they have today, the CCP is shaking, not trembling with fear over the loss of their power from the barrel of guns, of which they know for sure it won't always be pointing to the slaves that they had tyrannised, but only to themselves.

Just as the devil commie Mao had attempted to erase the past through the tortures and unconscionable murders of parents by children used by him during the 60s cultural revolution where millions of our fellow human chinese brothers and sisters 'disappeared', so too are the CCP despot re-enacting the devil Mao's hideous acts.

The CCP had lost every single ounce of legitimacy to rule and should be booted ASAP before more of our brothers and sisters are hurt and harmed by their repressive policies, supported by their 30 million card waving corrupt bootlickers!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLogicalist
reply to post by Max_TO

Its a reason why there kids are so Intelligent. They sit on their asses playing elf games and making up abbreviations all day.

Good for China keep the people smart. Dont become america.
How would fictional shows help the citizens anyway?

How would fictional books help citizens anyway?

What we do in our leisure time greatly affects our aptitudes. Science-fiction gets many people interested in science. Without the wonderful influence of videogames I would never have discovered the pleasures of programming.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Maybe they tried it, and it almost destroyed Japan.

Seriously though, that is just silly. Maybe they want people to THINK they discovered something,.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

This is probably close to being true. What further complicates things is, that NOW with the USA in such dire economic straights, they know they can afford to push the envelope a whole lot further without too much dissent from the USA either.

We sure wouldn't want them calling in their chips on all the bonds they hold now would we?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
They did discover something "Capitalism" but that my turn out to be establishments worst enemy and final downfall because its in direct conflict with their ideology!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Of course indeed...it does seem rather odd...I'm not saying that they HAVE found something juicy. Just a possibility which does seem unlikely.

China as well as many other countries are doing research on it though

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Yes, I was just postulating, trying to stimulate your psyche into overdrive

It is simply just such an odd thing for them to do, even for THEM...I understand how much commoner dissent they do NOT want, but this one eludes me.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

That may well be true, but it is frankly a dumb move then by the Chinese Government. What they are essentially saying (if you are correct) is that their own people are far too stupid to realize that time travel (right now) is a fantasy and movies based around it is fantasy and because they ARE too stupid to realize that, that they must remove all creation/viewing of such material because it will skew their vision on how they view our REAL history.

Remember History is written by the victors. In this case the "Communist" government of Red China which is in charge of over 1.3 Billion people. Who, although more and more are traveling abroad are still largely [The Bulk of 1.3 Billion] isolated and insulated from the rest of the world.

Come on, it has to be something else, even the Chinese Government isn't that dumb.

You tell me..

These are the same people who FEAR YouTube.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
They found out that they are still living in the past and dont want the people to think about the past or the future because they may wake the sleeping tiger! Its more about not wanting the masses to think too much as opposed to some technological breakthrough, although that does not mean they are not pushing the bounderies of technology!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Coming soon to U. S. of A. Hah, those crazy reds, always gotta be first ushering in new ways

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
For those of you who are not reader buffs, check out the following Anderson Cooper's take on the China Ban...also, you can find near the end of the clip his youthful years as a news reporter, so freaking hilarious!!!

China Bans "Time Travel" (Anderson Cooper's "Ridiculist" - CNN)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94

Of course indeed...it does seem rather odd...I'm not saying that they HAVE found something juicy. Just a possibility which does seem unlikely.

China as well as many other countries are doing research on it though

There is nothing lucy juicy about time travel. Its lethal on flesh and blood and maybe lethal to the environment as well. If they or anyother country is doing research on time travel, it is not in the public domain. I know for a fact, that none of the uni;s or any faculty members/students, world wide are into time travel research. Its kind of taboo.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
You know...a lot of us on here, me included, make a lot of hoopla about how restrictive our government is in the US, but stories like this always open my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, the government here is just as messed up, but what are the Chinese even thinking? No one can sensor so many things in this Age of Information, it just isn't possible to plug every hole.

People want truth.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This does on the surface sound madder than a bag of rats,
but it is standard MO of your true commie regimes IMO.

They want you to believe that the way it is is always how it will be.
They do not want any freedom of thought,any creative"out of the box"thinking is a potential for the seeds of dissent to sprout.

They want you to know that they have the right to say what you do in terms of creativity,and the thought of someone reading about a non commie regime in the future is worthy of legislation to them.

On second thoughts,it is madder than a bag of rats,IMO.
But nasty with it.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Proctor11

People want truth.

I couldn't disagree more.

I think people want the illusion of truth.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Many are happy for a complete sack of steaming do do's if it has the government approved "truth"stamp upon it.

Governments,Big (psyops) Media,
Big (soma)Pharma,

Take your pills,watch your controlled news made by turds with agendas which do you no good.

Thinking about it,the "liberated western world" is almost at the same level as the ChiComm Regime when it comes to freedom of the media/press.

We get what they want us to see/hear.
No more no less.

But at least we don't ban time travel TV...
Crikey,i guess that means no more Stargate or back to the future for China then.

Damn...no stargate.
Thats criminal IMO.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

People are happy when they have reached what they see as the truth. If you or I see it an an illusion it may very well be, but it is still truth to the ignorant.

Plant one seed of REAL truth in an ignorant person's mind and they will be too attracted to the new idea to let go. In this age where information is so readably available, enlightenment is quick. Everyone here has experienced this.

Now the problem is that there are many people out there who either spread disinformation for personal benefit and people who are too controlled to wake up.

The rub here is that disinformation eventually expires, and people eventually wake up.

That's because the truth is constant and shines through lies and deceit, now, later, or later than later.But it's the only ending possible..

edit on 15-4-2011 by Proctor11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2011 by Proctor11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Proctor11
Now the problem is that there are many people out there who either spread disinformation for personal benefit and people who are too controlled to wake up.

Why procotr1 there wouldn't be any paid disinformation agents on ATS

Whatever could you mean?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join