It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We're all going to die together,' mom says before plunging into river

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

'We're all going to die together,' mom says before plunging into river

www.cnn.com

New York (CNN) -- Moments after the mother of four young children allegedly plunged her minivan into the Hudson River, she expressed second thoughts about killing herself and the children, according to the woman's 10-year-old son, police said Thursday
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This is a good thing for anyone to read should they ever consider suicide let alone taking thier own childrens lives as well. I feel pretty bad for the boy who is still alive for sure, for the kids who died of course but even for her as she did not have a clear mind untill it was too late...

I posted this because I thought I read a thread about this story before that had initially placed the blame on the van.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If she would of lived I think this would have been a good time to bring the torturers from guantanamo bay and let them do their job....This seems to be fitting for the crime....
edit on 14-4-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
" Oh my god I've made a mistake " she said...drag her out, bring her back to life and fry her again. Stupid b...maeh.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Wow totally different story than what the article I used in my thread yesterday abcnews.go.com...said. First she pulled over and let him out and he watched, now he was in the car and got out after they began to sink? Hmm I wonder which one it is. Did the truth finally come out or are the media sensationalizing this? Very sad either way.

Trowa
edit on 14/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

Police divers later discovered the bodies of Lashanda Armstrong, 25, an 11-month-old girl, a 2-year-old boy and a 5-year-old boy 25 yards off shore.

Hey I'm sorry her man cheated on her but that's no excuse to kill her kids. If she wanted to do herself in then fine! Do it! But take the Kids to somebody [a Relative?] who'll love them as their own first.

What a MORON!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
My mom endured something similar as a kid. Her, her 3 other siblings and mom had been evicted by some evil landlord whilst my grandad kept his "other" family. My poor nan saw no hope so tied herself and kids together and threw them in the canal. They were rescued by factory workers. Things improved and life went on. Myself and brother was born. But mom...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Do you feel I said she was justified in her actions? Is it wrong for me to even feel bad for her? Do I think she acted with stupidity? I thought I made that all clear...
edit on 14-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: .

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

I wasn't directing anything towards the OP.

Just giving my opinion of this moronic mother who was such a selfish and self centered individual that she was willing to and apparently did kill her children over her own issues. As a parent we should IMO buck up and take care of our children above our own issues until they're of age and can emotionally handle things.

When they are that young they are completely at our mercy.

edit on 14-4-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Perhaps this is the reason she determined to take them with her, like I said I think this is a good story in so much as it shows suicide is wrong and how your not in your right mind if ever considering it. It should also speak how people should take great care how they invest thier emotions and how emotions can rule our rational thinking.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
"We're all going to die together", pretty prophetic...for all of us....maybe?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Also read that she posted a FB apology for "what she was about to do" 1/2 hour before driving into the Hudson. Not only that, according to this article she even called someone and told them "she was going to do something crazy" ... So tell me, she was so inconsolable over a domestic fight, that she had the presence of mind to post a FB status update and call someone prior to suiciding herself and murdering her children?

top topics

join