It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friday April 15th Strike. What do you think?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I agree with boon, 1 day is laughable at best.
A weekend will harm the little business bottom line, a month would get noticed.
1 day is like a fly hitting a windshield nothing more.
Good initial idea though.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot

Now y'all talkin'. If everybody does this, it will have an imact for sure. In the billions. Think about it..and don't say "well, we'll just by every thing the next day, it won't make a difference." Well It doesn't work that way. In those 24 hour, the money they would of made, well, they can't make any interest on it because we didn't spend it. And we already don't spend money every day..I know I don't. And if you do spend your own money every day then you're buying a whole lot of usless stuff. Same as gas, I was told it didn't make a difference because they would just fill up the next day. Same thing applies. You don't fill your car up everyday with gas so plan accordingly. And hit them in the wallet...that is what hurts them. So lets hurt them good.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fredvcall

Does this apply to the illegals who are here in America picking fruit and smuggling drugs? There won't be any fruit picking and drug dealing?

Well, I'd like to buy everyone a coke. Except the Coca-Cola truck drivers will be taking the day off. I don't know about these worldwide hand holding events. Last month when they had that Earth Hour thing, where people sat in the dark for an hour like it was the fifth century, I watched NASCAR.

I don't think the illegals or drug dealers would be on board since most don't pay any taxes, lol.

As for Coca Cola... if you like the aspartame drinks then have at it

Earth hour?- completely different and not even comparible to anyone thats sick and tired of paying most of their wages to the guberments, being stomped on, poisoned etc...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I know there is some movement to not buy gas tomorrow. I got an invite on facebook over a month ago for it. Maybe if enough people skip buying tomorrow , tptb may notice but it would take everyone to make a dent.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I just thought of one better what do you all this of this. I mean we can protest on different times as well, but I was thinking what would really get the point across. I think that we should organize a mass walkout for change on February 7th 2012. This is the date the predsidential candidates are selected. I think on this date we should all walk out for at least 30 mins to an hour to protest the two party system. Then I think we should spread the word that no one should vote in the primary elections to get the point across. It is the best time I can think of to actually impact them to let them know that we as a nation are unhappy. In the meantime you can obviously write you congressmen etc.. We would need a good amount of people to really impact the point. This of course should be a peaceful protest, so as not to antagonize the powers that be.

If you all are interested I will even help to get the message out by making a facebook page for the event, and even a twitter page or something similar. I am all for starting this let me know what you all think and we can start working on this today!!
edit on 4/14/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Thats a good idea.
I think it would be more effective though to start organizing at a time closer to the event date... say 3-6 months before hand so its fresh.

Personally, I think there should be several key dates every year that the nation strikes on until there really is change... which will be probably be never. Unfortunately I'm a pessimist and think that the only time there will ever be change is with a violent revolution.

edit on 14-4-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Disclaimer for last post: I am NOT advocating any violent revolution. I was simply stating that there will probably never be any change if things keep going as they are and more people don't start to speek up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join