It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We will have a Blue Moon Saturday 7/31

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I just saw this news article that we will have a Blue Moon Saturday Night.

For those who dont know. A Blue Moon occurs when two full moons occur in the same month.

www.ledger-enquirer.com...

Also here is another link with info on Blue Moon

www.griffithobs.org...

[edit on 26-7-2004 by brykc14]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I know - I'm really excited to see it! However, sadly it most likely will not actually be blue. Though the moon has appeard blue in the past (1883) when an Indonesian volcano named Krakatoa exploded - the moon appeared blue and/or green for years. So if that is what it takes - I'll be happy to see it pearly gray as usual.

However, those in the western US may see a blue moon. Forest fires can make the moon appear blue if the ash or oily-smoke containing lots of 1-micron particles. And there will be forest fires there on July 31st. However, it is more likely that this will yeild a "red" moon than a blue moon. It would be very nice if one of our amigos in the west could snap a photo for us if this happens.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Isn't this when a baby smurf is brought to the village by the stork. I was wandering about the welfare of the smurfs.

Just kidding, I do wander what the blue moon will usher in.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Yeah I hope Someone out west does take a photo of it. I know theres no much chance that it will appear Blue here in Kentucky, Even though we are the Bluegrass State. I dont think it will help with a Blue Moon...lol

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
That would really be something to see. Ive heard of a Blue Moon before, but I never thought it really was something that was real.

Has anyone ever seen one before.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I can't remember ever seeing a blue moon. However, I do live on the west coast and THERE ARE fires going on not too far away. I'll be sure to take a few pictures with the digital camera. Thanks for posting this and reminding me about it!

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thanks Super..Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Cant Wait.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So does that mean all those sayings that have "once in a blue moon" will come true or happen now?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Okay, I'm going to think of something I've never done before and do it on 07/31/04. Then, if anybody ever asks me if I ever did that I can say...

Yeah...once...in a blue moon!

LOL

BR

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
You guys may be interested to read this article from NASA about Blue Moons. Enjoy

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Okay, I'm going to think of something I've never done before and do it on 07/31/04. Then, if anybody ever asks me if I ever did that I can say...

Thats one of the best Ideas Ive heard in a long time.
Im gonna have to think of something good.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Funny!

I'll be going on vacation, a much needed one...
The Phrase definitely applies!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

LOL

Brilliant idea! You're a funny one.
Mind if I copy?

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well I saw a red moon 2 days ago, I hope I can see it blue on the 31st

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
A red, a white, and a blue moon, all in July..
Now that's patriotic!!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

A red, a white, and a blue moon, all in July..
Now that's patriotic!!

If you are in the US, it is

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
here is another link on the Blue Moon for Saturday

john

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yeah CNN even had a report about it today.

This is one time I wished I lived on the west coast so I might have a chance of seeing it.

Have yall came up with what you will do tomorrow so you can say you did it once in a Blue Moon.

I decided that I would wash the dishes for my wife. Since she always says I never help around the House. So the Next time she says it, I can say but Honey thats not true. Once upon a Blue Moon I did do the dishes.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by brykc14
Have yall came up with what you will do tomorrow so you can say you did it once in a Blue Moon.

I decided that I would wash the dishes for my wife. Since she always says I never help around the House. So the Next time she says it, I can say but Honey thats not true. Once upon a Blue Moon I did do the dishes.

OK, I'm going to call my mother. She always complains that I never call her so that will be my claim to the blue moon.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well it's the 31st 2:08am here. The moon's up, but it isn't blue
. Just plain old yellowish.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join