It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libya: All About Oil, or All About Banking?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

some nice research there..good stuff..but its falling on deaf ears..and as i've said many times..it's so blatantly obvious its the corparate megalomaniac warmongering scumbag private bankers are the real terrorist here..

the sad thing is it's done in our names...i was never asked once in our great democracy if we should go save the libyans from saving themselves from the ultimate corrupt fractional reserve counterfeiting system of debt....

He said the rebel leadership had set up an escrow account monitored by auditors that would be used to receive revenues from oil sales. The rebels also plan to take out loans backed by Libya's sovereign wealth fund, he said. "We would keep the fund frozen until the entire country is liberated," said Tarhouni. "Instead, what we will do is take loans backed by the sovereign fund."

i love the bit were the rebels are already working on loans to fund there effort...truly amazing,that they can put all there efforts into organizing a central bank with monetary policies in Libya,..but all the while nearly quarter of a million women and children libyans are starving on the borders..thats called getting your priorities straight in megalomaniac terms.

DON'T BE FOOLED INTO THINKING THIS IS FOR HUMANITARIAN REASONS.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

edit on 14-4-2011 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

You get a star for this: "the corparate megalomaniac warmongering scumbag private bankers" - just brilliant! Love it!

The rest of your post is good too - I couldn't agree wth you more, but for that 1 line you are my hero!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Libyan rebels receiving anti-tank weapons from Qatar

Officials in Doha confirm Qatar has been secretly supplying French-made missiles to Libyan rebel stronghold of Benghazi

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 14-4-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

It is all about the three legged stool of oil, banking and the military industrial complex, which are tightly coupled.

Iraq is winding down and the military industrial complex need another place to make some coin, so they form the unholy alliance between big oil, bankers and look to push the neo-cons into yet another useless and meaningless military action that ensures that they will simply be able to move assets from Iraq to somewhere.

If Haliburton, CACI, Northrup Grumman, Booz Allen, Blackwater, GE and the rest of these war profiteers have no war, they don't profit. Of course they get their financing from the bankers, propped up by lengthy military commitments which guarantees multi-year cash flow, have the military actually make work by blowing up infrastructure that they will be paid to rebuild and of course are supported by the oil firms who not only get access to the oil, but also get their in-country infrastructure either rebuilt/refurbished under the guise of "reconstruction", hence for free. Who provides the cover on the Senate floor, in the print media, on TV? Those lovely neo cons who have never seen a war they don't like or think is in the vital interests of the western world.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Idi Amin came to power in 1971 with the support of Britain and Israel because they thought he was uneducated enough to be used by them. Amin, however, turned against his sponsors when they refused to sell him guns to fight Tanzania.

There was a military coup d'état that slowly became a revolution in backward Egypt in 1952. The new leader, Nasser, had ambitions to oversee the transformation of Egypt. He wanted to build a dam not only to generate electricity but also to help with the ancient irrigation system of Egypt. He was denied money by the West because they did not believe that Egyptians needed electricity. Nasser decided to raise that money by nationalizing the Suez Canal. He was attacked by Israel, France, and Britain.

Idi Amin, Gadaffi, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto (Assasinated via conspiracy), King Faisal (assasinated) wanted to establish the Islamic banking, one united Islamic army and trade system to benefit their countries but failed due to Western intrusion.

NO MAN FIGHTS ANOTHER MANS WAR WITHOUT PERSONAL INTEREST!!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Something to think about here.

Gadhafi became the leader of Libya in 1969. The living standards of Libyans have improved significantly since the 1970s, ranking the country among the highest in Africa. Urbanization, developmental projects, and high oil revenues have enabled the Libyan government to elevate its people's living standards. The social and economic status of women and children has particularly improved. Various subsidized or free services (health, education, housing, and basic foodstuffs) have ensured basic necessities. The low percentage of people without access to safe water (3 percent), health services (0 percent) and sanitation (2 percent), and a relatively high life expectancy (70.2 years) in 1998 indicate the improved living standards. Adequate health care and subsidized foodstuffs have sharply reduced infant mortality, from 105 per 1,000 live births in 1970 to 20 per 1,000 live births in 1998. The government also subsidizes education, which is compulsory and free between the ages of 6 and 15. The expansion of educational facilities has elevated the literacy rate (78.1 in 1998).

Free education in libya, free health care, so these called rebels dont want Free education anymore? I wish for a free education here in canada heck, why should i pay for something if i fail a simple course?

Having a free education is better then having a paying education cause there going to make you broke out of every penny you own to school if you fail a simple course.

If these are idiots youths who dont have jobs, then they really have no idea what there getting themselves into, they are been used as memoir puppets.

But i see still see the rebels as terrorists.

We dont have jobs here nor do the youths in america have jobs, yet you dont see them starting uprising do you?

Libyans should be happy about having free education.

edit on 14-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
you should also take into account that libya is 14 in the world for FX reserves and gold...now thats a lot of reserves...$107 billion...AND no central rothschilds bank...

gaddafi was active in campaigning to the african union and arab nations about about dropping the dollar and replacing it for gold currency and gaddafi was ready to declare his withdrawal from the global banking system ...if this was to ever come into effect it would mean the collapse of the entire banking system..and take away the power the federal reserve has on the world economy...
and all those mighty corporations who wealth is determined by the dollar..

so you see gaddafi has to go...to maintain the stranglehold on the world economy and wealth.

and what we are witnessing is the public hunt and kill of a sovereign state leader that refused to hand his country's wealth over to private bankers/gangsters in exchange for none backed paper IOU's.

FACTS:
Libya reserves of foreign exchange and gold:

$107.3 billion (31 December 2010 est.)
country comparison to the world: 14

Natural gas - exports:

10.4 billion cu m (2008 est.)
country comparison to the world: 20
Natural gas - proved reserves:

1.539 trillion cu m (1 January 2010 est.)
country comparison to the world: 23
Oil - proved reserves:

47 billion bbl (1 January 2010 est.)
country comparison to the world: 9
Source

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Afghanistan was about Lithium. Drugs etc are secondary I would think
Lybia is about Banking and Oil*
Iraq was about Banking and Oil*
Egypt was about wanting a new head (because the central banking system there was EST 1991)

Contrast: China's age of prosperity started after 1979 when they...you guessed it, got a central bank. At around this time US I believe started its decline. Wealth redistribution.

-Regards

*When I say oil I mean that in an all encompassing way, how it is bought and sold, piped etc etc.
edit on 14-4-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It's all pretty simple if only people would open their eyes and follow the money.

Then again, most people are content with their lot and have no real desire to acknowledge, let alone challenge what is being done in other countries.
It's been a very clever trick, to get us hooked on consumerism, and then fight against anything that "threatens our western way of life" and hell, as I sit here typing on my PC and post this via broadband, it's hard not to think of myself as a bloody hypocrite.

Still, I console myself with the fact that at least my eyes are (somewhat) open, and I try to keep my consumerism to a minimum, and I stopped using banks years ago.

If more people turned to credit unions, it would take away a lot of the banks power - but I doubt that will ever happen.
They'll just make up money and tell themselves it exists "in theory" so they can carry on with their scams...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
I watched an ITN report of a child who was hit by gaddaffi shells. He looked dazed and blooded. He died of his injuries whilst being filmed. Its about him.. Also, the initial anti gaddaffi protest resulted in mass deaths by gaddaffi. Its about them. It is about a regime who would kill anyone who spoke out about them. I do not deny that oil plays a part, but i doubt our pilots think that. Its about saving lives and i am proud my country is playing its part

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Umm... So what about the genocides in Darfur, Burma and Cambodia and the systematic rape of women in the Congo....?

Those people weren't important enough to save? Is it because there was no ITN report on them?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Here's an article that I came across that may be of interest to you:

BP Set to begin oil drilling off of Libya (July 24, 2010)

"The deepwater drilling will take place in the Gulf of Sirte following a deal signed in 2007 with Libya on oil and gas development.

The news comes amid major concerns over BP's environmental and safety record following the Gulf of Mexico spill.

It also follows claims, denied by BP, that it lobbied for Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi's release."

I wonder how much oil BP is producing now off of the coast of Libya. Perhaps it is more than what the rebels are exporting to Qatar.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don`t think the dogs of war will win.Contrary to media propaganda, Gadaffi has a lot of support throughout Libya, even in the east.The Libyan people will fight to save their country, I have no doubt about this.

Have you noticed you only ever get Libyan exiles and intelligence assets, posing as independent experts on the news/propaganda.

It seems the only "civilians" worth protecting are the ones with guns and pickups. What about all the civilians in the west of Libya and african immigrant workers who are being murdered daily by the rebels?

Nato will fail to grab the resources for UK/US/France, but the country and people will be devasted.
China will not be able to return anytime soon, so in that reguard it will be seen as "being worth it",as Albright replied to the deaths of 500,000 Iraqi children.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
No, no, no! You must listen! I have a theory.
You see we have all these unemployed people.
Now what do unemployed people like to do?
Thats right: Go to the beach!
You see we have to have Gaddafi's sand so that we can build more nice beaches so that the unemployed people can go and get their legs brown. Seeeemples! Tts all about sand! Thats why we haven't bombed/invaded Iceland. No sand so no point.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Found this site to be very interesting. See videos

Videos: Stuxnet, Libyan War, WW III
Posted on March 22, 2011 by horse237
The Zionists’ control of the world in unraveling very quickly.

World War III began on March 19th with the invasion of Libya.

It seems an Israeli security firm was working at the six nuclear plants in Fukushima. The Stuxnet computer worm was created jointly by Israel and the US. It has infected 100,000
computers worldwide including some in Japan.

If Israel can be connected to melting down nuclear power plants, poisoning the Pacific Ocean and causing more than a million cancers, they will be done for.

We need to hammer away at this issue and get proof from Japanese computers that their ability to maintain control of the cooling processes was impaired by Stuxnet.

I have heard from a lot of people who think they know what my 911 theories are. I do not know the exact details of 911 but I do know that 19 Arabs did not hijack four airplanes.

I am also certain Israel did 911. What we need are criminal trials to get all of the evidence in the open.

I have decided to post a link to CNN’s passenger and crew list for the four 911 airliners. As I said, there were no Arabs on board.

I did offer a challenge to the Zionists to demand I post this link. None came forward to accuse me of lying but I decided to post it anyway.

openingmind.blogspot.com...

I decided long ago to date the beginning of World War III as 9-11-2001 when the Israelis used controlled demolitions to take down World Trade Center Towers 1, 2, and 7. The actual shooting began on 3-19-2011 with the invasion of Libya.

Israel has no allies. It made a formal declaration of war against all races, all religions and all ethnic groups on 9-11-2001. The Oklahoma City bombing was a dress rehearsal for the real thing.

The Federal Reserve scam, the dot com, mortgage backed securities and Credit Default Swap frauds could only be staged if Israel knew they were through with America and would have no use for her after a date certain in the near future.

This means that Israel has been actively thinking of America as a corpse at least since the Oklahoma City bombing of 4-19-1995. The Zionists had passed NAFTA and the WTO in 1994 so they wanted America to be de-industrialized.

The Israelis do control the American government. We would not be at war in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya with troops in Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen doing questionable duty if Israel did not want us there.

It is no secret that Israel wants the US to attack Iran. But attack Iran with what? We have troops all over the world in 135 nations. We have even sent the Illinois National Guard to Libya.

We can only conclude that Israel does not want America to survive World War III.

Hammer this home: Israel runs Washington. If they wanted us to fight and to win a war against Iran, they would not have passed NAFTA and sent our jobs and industries overseas. And, if they want us to militarily defeat Iran, why are we at war with three Muslim nations at once?

All Israel expects from us is to drop thermonuclear weapons on Muslims and then for America to implode.

As to what is happening currently on the ground in Libya, I am working with the concept of reactionary management. The idea is that we are run by interlocking groups of wealthy bankers and Zionists.

They try to manage all political movements and to respond to new developments. They do control Al Qaeda. The Israelis have a close relationship with Gaddafi as they did with Mubarak.

Gaddafi does have Jewish relatives. His library did include a copy of the Talmud in Arabic and a book entitled Allegiance to Satan.

But we also see the Mideast on fire for rebellion. The Zionists want to remain in control. They do not want anyone in the Mideast setting up debt free banking systems in defiance of the Federal Reserve, the IMF and the World Bank.

The truth of 911 is being spread throughout America and even inside the Pentagon. If Israel waits a year to attack Iran, the US military might just mutiny starting with the generals.

The generals and admirals will soon realize that Israel wants America to lose World War III. Hammer that message home.

The videos I wanted to share for today follow:

The first video shows Gaddafi supporters in Tripoli. Libya is a tribal society. Not everyone there wants an American occupation.

Source and rest of article: vidrebel.wordpress.com...

The last video concerns American war crimes in Afghanistan

I feel we're being manipulated into WWIII

Any trolling or nasty remarks, just remember when you are holding your dying child in your arms, you were warned.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

No time to comment on the ret of the informationn in your post, but I have to correct 1 point.

The Stuxnet virus was developed to interfere with the control of seimens control equipment used in centrifuges which are used as part of the refinement process for nucelar fuel. This virus would not have any effect on the cooling equipment which failed at Fukoshima. I have read very widely the research into this virus. I certainly think Mossad and the US were behind it, but this was an attack on Lybia, not Japan.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
and the US were behind it, but this was an attack on Lybia, not Japan.

Doh! That should have read Iran. Not Lybia, what was my brain up to? lol

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
The real reason is in this vid.

Very few outsiders know about the intimate plans of Albert Pike and the architects of the New World Order. In the 19th Century Albert Pike established a framework for bringing about the One World Order. Based on a vision revealed to him, Albert Pike wrote a blueprint of events that would play themselves out in the 20th century, with even more of these events yet to come. It is this blueprint which we believe unseen leaders are following today, knowingly or not, to engineer the planned Third and Final World War.
About Albert Pike

Picture of Albert PikeAlbert Pike was born on December 29, 1809, in Boston, and was the oldest of six children born to Benjamin and Sarah Andrews Pike. He studied at Harvard, and later served as a Brigadier-General in the Confederate Army. After the Civil War, Pike was found guilty of treason and jailed, only to be pardoned by fellow Freemason President Andrew Johnson on April 22, 1866, who met with him the next day at the White House. On June 20, 1867, Scottish Rite officials conferred upon Johnson the 4th to 32nd Freemasonry degrees, and he later went to Boston to dedicate a Masonic Temple.

Pike was said to be a genius, able to read and write in 16 different languages, although I cannot find a record anywhere of what those languages were. In addition, he is widely accused of plagiarism, so take with a pinch of salt. At various stages of his life we was a poet, philosopher, frontiersman, soldier, humanitarian and philanthropist. A 33rd degree Mason, he was one of the founding fathers, and head of the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, being the Grand Commander of North American Freemasonry from 1859 and retained that position until his death in 1891. In 1869, he was a top leader in the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.

Incidentally, Freemasonry itself is a fascinating subject and I could devote an entire website to it. Simon Gray, a Freemason, has compiled a stunning amount of information on Freemasonry that I recommend for anyone who wants to learn more about it.

Pike was said to be a Satanist, who indulged in the occult, and he apparently possessed a bracelet which he used to summon Lucifer, with whom he had constant communication. He was the Grand Master of a Luciferian group known as the Order of the Palladium (or Sovereign Council of Wisdom), which had been founded in Paris in 1737. Palladism had been brought to Greece from Egypt by Pythagoras in the fifth century, and it was this cult of Satan that was introduced to the inner circle of the Masonic lodges. It was aligned with the Palladium of the Templars. In 1801, Issac Long, a Jew, brought a statue of Baphomet (Satan) to Charleston, South Carolina, where he helped to establish the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite. Long apparently chose Charleston because it was geographically located on the 33rd parallel of latitude (incidentally, so is Baghdad), and this council is considered to be the Mother Supreme Council of all Masonic Lodges of the World.

Pike was Long's successor, and he changed the name of the Order to the New and Reformed Palladian Rite (or Reformed Palladium). The Order contained two degrees:

Adelph (or Brother), and

Companion of Ulysses (or Companion of Penelope).

Pike's right-hand man was Phileas Walder, from Switzerland, who was a former Lutheran minister, a Masonic leader, occultist, and spiritualist. Pike also worked closely with Giusseppe Mazzini of Italy (1805-1872) who was a 33rd degree Mason, who became head of the Illuminati in 1834, and who founded the Mafia in 1860. Together with Mazzini, Lord Henry Palmerston of England (1784-1865, 33rd degree Mason), and Otto von Bismarck from Germany (1815-1898, 33rd degree Mason), Albert Pike intended to use the Palladian Rite to create a Satanic umbrella group that would tie all Masonic groups together.

Albert Pike died on April 2, 1891, and was buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, although the corpse of Pike currently lies in the headquarters of the Council of the 33rd degree of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry in Washington, D.C. (see The Deadly Deception, by Jim Shaw - former 33rd degree Mason and Past Master of all Scottish Rite bodies.)
The Albert Pike Monument

Albert Pike made his mark before the war in Arkansas as a lawyer and writer, but as a Confederate Brigadier General, he was, according to the Arkansas Democrat of July 31, 1978, a complete "WASH-OUT," not a hero. Yet, Gen. Albert Pike is the only Confederate general with a statue on federal property in Washington, DC. He was honoured, not as a commander or even as a lawyer, but as Southern regional leader of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry. The statue stands on a pedestal near the foot of Capitol Hill, between the Department of Labor building and the Municipal Building, between 3rd and 4th Streets, on D Street, NW. More background on the colorful history of the statue can be found at the Masonic Info website. During the 1992 presidential campaign, Lyndon H. LaRouche and his vice presidential running mate, the Reverend James Bevel, launched a mobilization to remove the statue of General Albert Pike from Washington, D.C.'s Judiciary Square. On February 1, the campaign drew an angry attack from freemasonic leader C. Fred Kleinknecht, who attempted to defend both Pike and the Ku Klux Klan from LaRouche and Bevel's attack. A speech by Anton Chaitkin entitled 'Why Albert Pike's Statue Must Fall' can be found here (September 21, 1992).
The Illuminati and Albert Pike

Adam Weishaupt (1748 - 1811) formed the Order of Perfectibilists on May 1, 1776 (to this day celebrated as May Day throughout many western countries), which later became known as the Illuminati, a secret society whose name means "Enlightened Ones". Although the Order was founded to provide an opportunity for the free exchange of ideas, Weishaupt's background as a Jesuit seems to have influenced the actual character of the society, such that the express aim of this Order became to abolish Christianity, and overturn all civil government.

An Italian revolutionary leader, Giusseppe Mazzini (1805-1872), a 33rd degree Mason, was selected by the Illuminati to head their worldwide operations in 1834. (Mazzini also founded the Mafia in 1860). Because of Mazzini's revolutionary activities in Europe, the Bavarian government cracked down on the Illuminati and other secret societies for allegedly plotting a massive overthrow of Europe's monarchies. As the secrets of the Illuminati were revealed, they were persecuted and eventually disbanded, only to re-establish themselves in the depths of other organizations, of which Freemasonry was one.

During his leadership, Mazzini enticed Albert Pike into the (now formally disbanded, but still operating) Illuminati. Pike was fascinated by the idea of a one world government, and when asked by Mazzini, readily agreed to write a ritual tome that guided the transition from average high-ranking mason into a top-ranking Illuminati mason (33rd degree). Since Mazzini also wanted Pike to head the Illuminati's American chapter, he clearly felt Pike was worthy of such a task. Mazzini's intention was that once a mason had made his way up the Freemason ladder and proven himself worthy, the highest ranking members would offer membership to the secret 'society within a society'.

It is for this reason that most Freemasons vehemently deny the evil intentions of their fraternity. Since the vast majority never reach the 30th degree, they would not be aware of the real purpose behind Masonry. When instructing Pike how the tome should be developed, Mazzini wrote the following to Pike in a letter dated January 22, 1870. Remember that Freemasonry wasn't started by Pike - rather it was infiltrated by the Illuminati who were looking for a respectable forum in which to hide their clandestine activities:

"We must allow all the federations to continue just as they are, with their systems, their central authorities and their diverse modes of correspondence between high grades of the same rite, organized as they are at the present, but we must create a super rite, which will remain unknown, to which we will call those Masons of high degree whom we shall select. With regard to our brothers in Masonry, these men must be pledges to the strictest secrecy. Through this supreme rite, we will govern all Freemasonry which will become the one international center, the more powerful because its direction will be unknown." 1

In 1871, Pike published the 861 page Masonic handbook known as the Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry.

After Mazzini's death on March 11, 1872, Pike appointed Adriano Lemmi (1822-1896, 33rd degree Mason), a banker from Florence, Italy, to run their subversive activities in Europe. Lemmi was a supporter of patriot and revolutionary Giuseppe Garibaldi, and may have been active in the Luciferian Society founded by Pike. Lemmi, in turn, was succeeded by Lenin and Trotsky, then by Stalin. The revolutionary activities of all these men were financed by British, French, German, and American international bankers; all of them dominated by the House of Rothschild.

Between 1859 and 1871, Pike worked out a military blueprint for three world wars and various revolutions throughout the world which he considered would forward the conspiracy to its final stage in the 20th Century.

In addition to the Supreme Council in Charleston, South Carolina, Pike established Supreme Councils in Rome, Italy (led by Mazzini); London, England (led by Palmerston); and Berlin, Germany (led by Bismarck). He set up 23 subordinate councils in strategic places throughout the world, including five Grand Central Directories in Washington, DC (North America), Montevideo (South America), Naples (Europe), Calcutta (Asia), and Mauritius (Africa), which were used to gather information. All of these branches have been the secret headquarters for the Illuminati's activities ever since.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tyson

It's almost as if our government has been taken over by "people" completely divorced from the human condition

Read, "The Threat" by Dr. David Jacobs and my user name.

Your comment goes alot futher than you realize and many people will troll, laugh and mock this post, but I suspect, (not positive) our DNA has possibly been "tweaked" yet again and not all of us are homosapien.

Think covert warfare.

Humanity won't know what hit us until it's over and we many never really suspect or know the full extent that we were conquered.

A slave that doesn't know he/she is enslaved won't unite and rebel

and

A prisoner that does not know they are imprisoned will never try to escape.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Your discussing alien technology ad human engineering in a thread about the situation in Libya?

No wonder ATS is a laughing stock.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join