It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most revealing documentary on anti-Semitism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

American radical: The trials of Norman Finkelstein

Please watch the documentary, it is very revealing. It shows a man "Norman Finkelstein" whose criticism of Israeli crimes are being brushed under the carpet under the pretext of anti-Semitism.

It reveals how denial is a part of life, if truth is not easy to swallow then denial is an easy road to take. In that sense even lies are easily believed against reality.

That is what I take from this documentary, and I hope everyone watches it from beginning to end and make their own conclusions, after all it views both sides of the fence in equal manner.

Enjoy and express your opinion about the character and the message of this character. Is it fair to call him anti-Semite?
edit on 14-4-2011 by P3ACE0WAR because: typo

Some quotes worth remembering from the Documentary:

# "The only relevant question is, whether what I'm saying is true or false"

# "The crocodile tears"

edit on 14-4-2011 by P3ACE0WAR because: Two quotes worth remembering

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Well if criticizing Israel alone is enough to consider somebody an anti-semite, I guess I am. Even though I criticize everybody including myself.
What is your opinion OP?
edit on 14-4-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

Norman said it beautifully, they put names on his character to avoid facing his message, he says "The only relevant question is, whether what I'm saying is true or false".

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Zionist author laughing at Palestinian humiliation and the destruction + Gaza war crimes.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Thanks! S&F! Norman Finkelstein is a great writer and courageous for what he is doing. I'll definitely be watching this and commenting on it later.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I like how Dershowitz shakes his head after he is accused of making a fraud and then puts his head down as if to say "yeah, you got me."

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Norman giving a speech regarding Gaza war, I never knew it was Israel who broke the cease fire because of the excessive propaganda here in ATS and almost everywhere on Internet and on MSM claiming every attack Israel has committed against Palestinians are in retaliation to missile attacks.

Although we all know what the rockets attacks are against, we still don't know what the illegal settlement expansions are against.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I like how he says to not let them ruin the night, and that if they antagonize you to remain calm and not play into their games. It is obvious Finkelstein is intelligent on many different levels not just intellectually.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by P3ACE0WAR

It's interesting how some lies have been so hammered into people since birth that they no longer can be debated in most places online or off, under the premise that one side is "hate", while there is endless room for real hate from the other side.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
He who controls the banks and the media also controls people that are too dam lazey to check things out for themselves.

Must go now before the IDF arive to flood the post with the usual racist calls why defending the indefencable and droping more bombs on the gaza strip so they can steel more land.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

Thanks for the post, OP. I had never heard of his message before, a message that goes far in explaining what has been so obviously out of balance, truth. And in finding truth, there needs to be another side to the propaganda that's been so drilled into us, ad nauseum.

Despite not understanding this almost pathological need for victimization, which feeds into war mongering and retaliatory scenarios whether real or invented, there's a deep chasm and void in those same people when it comes to presenting to us what peace is and how it's manifested. Balance, where is it? S&F

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
While you are researching this, you should also read Norman book Beyond Chutzpah: On the Misuse of Anti-Semitism and Abuse of History. It highlights and critically reflects on this notion of "the new anti-semitism". The new anti-semitism is obviously closely regarded as criticism to Israeli foreign policy in liberal Jewish communities.
Here is a lengthy debate off Russia Today's crosstalk on the new anti-semitism featuring Norman G. Finklestien

I would however like to correct you on the use of the documentary American Radical as exposing anti-semitism. American Radical is a documentary following Norman and his life work. It is a documentary about him, not anti-semitism. However it is extremely interresting.

new topics

top topics

join