It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists puzzled by giant whirlpools that have appeared in the Atlantic Ocean

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
U.S. scientists discovered two giant whirlpools in the Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of Guyana and Suriname. It became a sensational discovery because this part of the ocean has been studied thoroughly, and no one expected anything like that to appear in the area. More importantly, no one can understand where the whirlpools came from and what surprises they may bring to people. According to Brazilian scientist Guilherme Castellane, the two funnels are approximately 400 kilometers in diameter. Until now, these were not known on Earth. The funnels reportedly exert a strong influence on climate changes that have been registered during the recent years. “Funnels rotate clockwise. They are moving in the ocean like giant frisbees, two discs thrown into the air. Rotation occurs at a rate of one meter per second, the speed is sufficiently large compared to the speed of oceanic currents, on the border hoppers is a wave-step height of 40 cm,” Castellane said.

Link: theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Wow nature is slowly destroying earth,good thread could use more info,......but still flag and star

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

I am surprised scientists have never observed/studied these phenomena. I had never considered the mixing/turbulent effects on the chemicals in the ocean. Man these things pop up and make me think of some dramatic apocalyptic film scenes. Magnetic fluctuations huh? I just wonder if these are actually new, or if this is the first time they have been observed? And if they are new, can't they represent some major changes?
Nice find though...
Some added perspective...oh the doom and gloom:

Peace,
spec
edit on 13-4-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Seems to be a dubious source. Any more reliable sources out there?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Great link I see wheres the infos at,got any more links for more pics,it looks like its being suck into the core

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

There not alot of them happening in the world for scientist to figure whats causing them,rare find and pic

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
So can anyone suggest that these whirlpools where natural based? Could it be that mother nature/earth is a living organism? If this is so, one would think that these types of events really look like techniques to use possible to clean up the ocean?? Where did that water go, I wonder? To get burnt in earth's core? Or is it that the churning helps stir the oceans, like how one would stir a glass of ovaltine to get all the ingredients equally distributed.

Where did this water go? It clearly went somewhere for a reason? But what is that reason??

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
HAARP obviously

Seriously though, when will people admit that this earth and this universe still hold many secrets that we've yet to uncover. Some secrets we may never discover.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fedeykin
reply to post by Caji316

english.pravda.ru...

strictlyhonest.com...

I can give you 5 more if you want them but I don't really have the time to spoon feed people...Thats what is wrong with America now...Everyone has become lazy as hell and don't want to lift a finger to make things right...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316

reply to post by Caji316

english.pravda.ru...

strictlyhonest.com...

I can give you 5 more if you want them but I don't really have the time to spoon feed people...Thats what is wrong with America now...Everyone has become lazy as hell and don't want to lift a finger to make things right...

If you mean me - sorry I'm not American. Thank you for the links though; when you get home from work doing internet research isn't the most fun prospect there is.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spydrbyte25

I do have to agree with you,its weird I live in Wtby,Ct and I had a brother who died in one of those in a lake thats called lakewood park,...there was a island in the middle of the lake,and between the island and the lake there is one that till this day is active,people who live in Wtby,Ct call it the devil rectangle...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fedeykin

The original link is from Pravda

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Here's a link from NASA talking about Satellites detecting Deep-Ocean Whirlpools

Deep-Ocean-Whirlpools

This next link was posted today

Ocean Whirlpools Puzzle Scientist

Now here is Fox News article talking about how Japan's recent Tsunami is causing these whirlpools:

Fox News

edit on 13-4-2011 by spydrbyte25 because: Link Removed....ATS'r beat me 2 it

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spydrbyte25

Thank for these links people, I apreciate the finds

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Already being discussed here..

abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

www.youtube.com...

AN interesting take on this.Yes take a look at his videos he HAS been right about most of the things coming.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think it's very intersting that the water level rises where the vortexes are.. is this a graviatation anomoly? Spining vortexes are suppesed to be tied to gravity control. I wonder if there may be some giant water vortex in the bermuda triangle causing the weirdness there?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Caji316

Certainly, when they say the rotation rate is one meter a second.
A t what point out from the center would you be measuring that speed. It would vary greatly depending.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join