It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Nuclear War films.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Nuclear is the very dangerous weapon to use in war. I hope they will not ever use that in any kind of war again.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
One of my favourites is a movie called,"By Dawns Early Light".

Starred Powers Boothe and Rebecca De Mornay as a nuclear bomber crew,heading to the USSR with their payload.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The day after was one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. I was around 12 or 13 when it came out and watched the entire mini series. It was AWESOME but damn scary and gave me nightmares for years, in fact I still have nuclear nightmares, and I believe it's from that movie. I went and bought the dvd at walmart, found it in a 5 dollar bin. Sadly, the dvd only has the condensed version which is about 2 hours long and missing a lot of the story, the mini series was over 8 hours.

I havn't watched threads yet, but I plan on it as soon as I am done typing this post.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Just got done watching threads.

That was a goooooood movie. The ending was disturbing!

Now if someone would modernize these movies to reflect todays world instead of the cold war era. I found that is the only problem I have with these movies, they are outdated and the kids growing up in this generation are less likely to understand the nuclear threat that many of us felt we were under during the cold war.

The threat is still there, and we still loom under the dark cloud of nuclear war. Only now, it seems the world is much more hush hush over it, like slowly but surely people are forgetting that we all could die in minutes. Dumbing down of the population so that WHEN it does happen, people will be caught off-guard and not so well prepared.

I think this is a deliberate attempt to keep people ignorant, so that more people die off and then there are less to worry about when the world goes poof.

I don't live in a different world than when the cold war was in full force, I am not fooled. The question to everyone is, are you?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

BIG THANK YOU OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw Threads already but not the day After...will certainly do

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I can remember seeing "The day after", in the local church hall. I guess it was some sort of a Civil-defense excercise. I can remember my brother (2 years older than me) having nightmares for days afterward, but I can't remember it. Will have to watch it again, but right now I am watching "Dr. Strangelove"

erm. .... just watched "The day after" (from 1983) and it is not the one I remember, lol .... The one I remember was this B&W documentary from the 60's ......

edit on 15/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join