It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feed Your Kid Meat? That's Child Abuse, Screams PETA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Interesting. This is the same PETA that often has young women strip down to barely any clothing, uses body paint to paint them up like animals then has them sit in cages outside on very cold days... Well I guess they would know what is abuse.
It is ok to treat a human animal like a piece of meat, but to treat a piece of meat like a piece of meat and call it abuse, hypocrits.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
These people need a good ole spanking. Job done

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Is PETA even relevant anymore? When they tackled animal abuse they could be taken seriously, but when they pull this sort of hysterical stunt it just makes them look laughable and alarmist.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
What are your thoughts on this latest campaign from our friends at PETA?

My thoughts are to turn this around on them.

If this lifestyle is so much more healthy, then why the need to take supplements?

Vitamin B12

Severe B12 deficiency disrupts the central nervous system, and may cause permanent conditions such as blindness or deafness. Minor B12 deficiency raises the risk for heart disease and stroke.

Hmm...blindness, deafness and stroke vs. clogged arteries. I'd go with a bit of clogging myself.

Riboflavin

Riboflavin deficiency can lead to anemia, swollen mucous membranes and lip sores. Vegan diets often reflect a lack of this nutrient, so supplementing your daily diet with riboflavin vitamins can improve your overall nutrition.

Anemia, swollen mucous membranes and lip sores vs. clogged arteries. Again, I'd go with a bit of clogging.

Omega-3 Fatty Acids

Omega-3 fatty acids reduce blood clotting, which lowers the risk for heart disease, and may aid in relieving depression.

Heart disease and depression vs. clogged arteries. Again, I'd go with a bit of clogging.

Iron

In the U.S., iron deficiency constitutes the most common type of nutrient deficiency, and may cause symptoms such as fatigue, difficulty breathing and hair loss. When the iron levels in the body fall too low, a condition called anemia develops, presenting the same symptoms of iron deficiency, but to a greater degree.

www.ehow.com...

How to prevent these deficiencies? Supplements or eat meat.

If the vegan and vegetarian lifestyle is so much more healthy, then why the need to take supplements?

Shouldn't it be the other way around if this lifestyle is the healthier choice?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hi first post here after being a lurker for a few years now.

I have to say that this comment from PETA is totally ridiculous I have no idea how they can say making your child eat meat is abuse, feeding them a McDonald's or Burger King everyday yes maybe but you can't beat a good protein hit from steak mmmmm

If anything I would say forcing your child to be vegan is more like child abuse as you are depriving them of essential protein that they need to grow. I live in Glasgow and I remember reading the news about one family who were held in very high regard by the vegan community here. Their daughter had developed the first case of rickets in Britain since world war 2 due to this vegan diet she was on

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

link here
edit on 14-4-2011 by seans867 because: Spelling mistake

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Once an org. like PETA gets large enough to start peddling bumper stickers, posters, and other such granules of capitalism--it becomes an industry.

Industry can be highly misleading, aside from the original pro-animal agenda--they have profits to look after now. That creates conflicts of interest.

Meat can be unhealthy, just like too much of anything.

I think the problems lie more in entire fast food meals than the meat in and of itself.
edit on 4/14/11 by Tharsis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
When I was a kid my Dad hit me with his belt once. Does that mean he should be charged with two counts of child abuse? One for the mere fact of hitting me with the belt, and two because the belt was cowhide? Just curious.

images0.cpcache.com...
edit on 14-4-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I guess vegetarian foods like potato chips, french fries, and candy are health foods for children.
But that terrible meat is child abuse.

<< 1   >>

join