It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Soon to Abolish Organized Religion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This beast is in man. It is not anything separate from us.
God, the devil, man, woman, Babylon are all one

As long as you keep looking for external devils you will never really find any, unless you look in the mirror of your own soul.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
well the UN can try.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

If that is no longer an option,
then I hope I am not alive to see it.
Hopefully the rapture will take care
of that scenario.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by Ghost375

"Babylon", in Revelation, is actively involved in the persecution of Christians, helping to put them to death- "drunk with the blood of the saints".
If America is not actively putting Christians to death because they are Christians, then America is not yet Babylon.

You're assuming drunk with the blood of saints means actively killing Christians. You may be interpreting that wrong.
America has done a great job discrediting the Christian religion, isn't that enough?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
You're assuming drunk with the blood of saints means actively killing Christians.

Yes, I'm assuming that "blood" means blood. Revelation is describing the active hostility of "Babylon", as such, towards the Christian servants of God, as such.
That is the whole point of the book of Revelation; It is designed to encourage the church to persevere in faith in the face of active, deadly, persecution.
As long as the church is not being persecuted, the situation anticipated in Revelation is not being met.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

As long as the church is not being persecuted, the situation anticipated in Revelation is not being met.

How did you skip 1900 years of history?

Christianity has been sleeping in the political bed of kings since Emperor Constantine realized he couldn't break their faith by feeding them to lions in the arenas. A stark example being; no one has slept with more kings than the Popes of Catholicism or has been responsible for more bloodshed.

Mostly all Christian organizations today fly the flag of their nation, whisper propaganda of war in the ears of the parishioners while watching their sons die in political battles over oil and resources. As long as the plate is passed, the pastor gets a new pool in his back yard.

The holy ones come from the sheeple.

Never forget, the destruction of religion by the nations is a judgement by God. He put it into their hearts to do this. "God is the one who made these kings all think alike and decide to give their power to the beast. And they will do this until what God has said comes true." REVELATIONS 17:17 ; CEV

edit on 14-4-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CodeRed3D

I repeat; "drunk with the blood of the saints". That means people being killed.
The situation being described in Revelation appears to be that the Beast is doing the killing, because the servants of God are refusing to worship the Beast, while Babylon is colluding.
What was happening in John's time was that the Roman Empire was executing Christians, while the Jewish community (which had privileged exemption rights) was accused of passing on information to the authorities.
A fulfilment of Revelation would presumably be a similar situation; the church being persecuted by a self-worshipping state in conjunction with the power of whatever popular religion the Christians were refusing to follow..
I discuss how this might work in the following thread;
"Drunk with the blood of the saints"

edit on 14-4-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

All are guilty. All will fall.

And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. REVELATIONS 2:22 ; King James Version

The ten horns and the beast will start hating the shameless woman. They will strip off her clothes and leave her naked. Then they will eat her flesh and throw the rest of her body into a fire. God is the one who made these kings all think alike and decide to give their power to the beast. And they will do this until what God has said comes true. REVELATIONS 17:16,17 ; CEV

These evil spirits had the power to work miracles. They went to every king on earth, to bring them together for a war against God All-Powerful. But that will be the day of God's great victory. Remember that Christ says, "When I come, it will surprise you like a thief! But God will bless you, if you are awake and ready. Then you won't have to walk around naked and be ashamed." Those armies came together in a place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon." REVELATIONS 16:14 - 16 ; CEV

edit on 14-4-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him.": John Morley - (1838-1923)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
All are guilty. All will fall.

The 144,000 symbolise those who do not fall.
There is a clear distinction in Revelation between the persecuted and the persecutors, those who accept the "seal" of God and those who impose the "mark of the beast".
That is the whole point of the book. It was written under conditions of persecution, for the benefit of a church facing persecution, and persecution is the central topic of the book. Every part of Revelation is either describing persecution, or giving an explanation of where it comes from, or showing what God is going to do about it. The function of Revelation is to motivate the church to deal with persecution. Therefore we cannot just drop persecution out of our interpretations. That would be like having a production of "King Lear" which cuts out the king himself as one of the characters.
I am very familiar with the extracts you have quoted; each of them has been the subject, or part of the subject, of one of my Revelation threads. (q.v.) Simply quoting them, without showing how they help your case. does not help your case.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I'm not here to convince or convert.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

If you're referring to the above comment by Aeons, I don't think that relates to our part of the discussion.
I think Aeons was responding to the original topic, making the point that the UN ought not to be trying to "silence" religion.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Ghost375

"Babylon", in Revelation, is actively involved in the persecution of Christians, helping to put them to death- "drunk with the blood of the saints".
If America is not actively putting Christians to death because they are Christians, then America is not yet Babylon.

I have wondered about this, to me it seems that mystery Babylon is referring to the
Roman Catholic Church and the crusades.

But what about the daughter of Babylon referred to in Psalms 137:8 and Zechariah 2:7 those certainly sound like America, plus the fact that the word daughter is used,and with that wording, indicates it is a younger nation.
than the original Babylon,where we see the people of one language building an empire so to speak,which is pretty much like America,who is the youngest of nations.

Then we have Isaiah 18, although the word Babylon is not used,there are many indicaters, one being the fact that, at the time of the writing,the rivers of Ethiopia were considered the farthest know territory of the world, but notice he say's beyond the rivers of Ethiopia, so if therefore the writing was done today that would be America.
The other indicators there are very obvious.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by infojunkie2

When I was working through Revelation, over the last year, I found Babylon such a complex figure that I spent five different threads covering the different aspects of her. There's an element of "God's people being unfaithful", an element of "the attraction of idolatrous religion", and an element of "powerful state hostile to God", and arising out of all that she becomes responsible for the blood of martyrs. So any quick-fix answer may be in danger of oversimplification, especially if we insist on seeing "Babylon" in the current state of the world, and refuse to consider the possibility that she hasn't arrived on the scene yet.

Trying to draw a distinction between "Babylon" and "daughter of Babylon" may be over-subtle. I'm inclined to see them as alternative labels for the same thing, different ways of identifying the Babylonian nation as a female figure. Just as I wouldn't bother to see a distinction between the female figure of "Jerusalem", as found in places like Jeremiah ch4 v30, and the "daughter of Zion". They both represent God's people.
In any case, Revelation specifies Babylon, not Babylon's daughter.

As for Isaiah ch18; if we're going to look for those people in the modern world, I could make a case for China. For one thing, the geography of China is dominated by its rivers in a much more real sense than the geography of America. In fact it resembles ancient Babylonia in being historically dependent on irrigation. China is not yet dominant in the world, but give them time. I'm not necessarily identifying China as Babylon; I'm just pointing out the need to keep our mental options open.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The warning is two-fold.

TPTB who lobby certain personages in the UN who have already set this into motion. The UN is already poised to strike. The circumstances for which to do so have taken years to set into place.

The UN is not some piddly organization that has no power of its own. The rhetoric against religion is clear.

"Extremism and religious hatred have no place in civilized dialogue, he stated.

The UN secretary general also made assurance that the United Nations will continue its efforts to promote cooperation and understanding among followers of all religions."
April 16th, 2011

The warning is to TPTB that their deeds are prophesied in the book of Revelations. They haven't recognized this because they are approaching their agenda through divination, the occult.

The warning is also for those that are deriving their revenue from religion. Those had best find another source of income soon. "Then I heard another voice from heaven shout, "My people, you must escape from Babylon. Don't take part in her sins and share her punishment. Her sins are piled as high as heaven. God has remembered the evil she has done." REVELATIONS 18:4,5 ; CEV

After a force majeure of more than one major power, the UN will obtain unprecedented power.

Tax relief for not for profit religious institutions along with all their business interests, will be consumed by hungry nations. "The ten horns and the beast will start hating the shameless woman. They will strip off her clothes and leave her naked. Then they will eat her flesh and throw the rest of her body into a fire." REVELATIONS 17:16 ; CEV

The next event will be the deadly culmination of multiple interest groups who are working independently for the same goal. It is a mirror of what happened to JFK and the World Trade Center and what is happening now with the gods of Egypt. It will be a mirror to the Vatican and the Temple Mount.

TPTB have never been fully united, acting as one unit as some conspiracy theorists understand. But their leader, the beast, has one agenda. [It will be his greatest day of victory as many will dawn the mark of the beast.] TPTB's actions are devised by divination, received through the beast.

Unknownst to them, they have all received the same divination. The divination will come from false prophets.

The UN will pounce on the event and use it as a tool to bring total religious reform and abolishing its power forever. They have been lying in wait for a long time.

The nature of sin is self-affliction. That is why God's judgments are fore ordained. Religion and all the atrocities that have been paraded under God's name have come to an end. The religion of the beast will begin. "It was allowed to put breath into the idol, so that it could speak. Everyone who refused to worship the idol of the beast was put to death. All people were forced to put a mark on their right hand or forehead. Whether they were powerful or weak, rich or poor, free people or slaves, they all had to have this mark, or else they could not buy or sell anything. This mark stood for the name of the beast and for the number of its name." REVELATIONS 13:15-17 ; CEV

edit on 16-4-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have to agree with your post, you are well researched. One aspect and scripture you never used but is a variable is this one.

Matthews 24:15

15 “Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,)

In the first century the disgusting thing was a political entity known as the Roman Empire it brought it's pagan insignias into the Jewish holy temple area and this was disgusting to the Jews. We know this is a dual prophesy though and it will happen again, only this time on a worldwide scale, a political entity (the UN) will do something disgusting to those that profess reverence to God but no longer have his favor. They will stand in "Their" holy place not God's. Thus the reader of this scripture is asked to use discernment, the only place we are ever asked directly to do this in the bible. This is a very critical scripture with future application.

These events are approaching largely by stealth with the mass of mankind not seeing or understanding what is coming. The internet in recent years has helped to further expose this plan if you understand exactly you are looking for. Here is a sampling

www.uri.org...

www.spiritualcaucusun.org...

www.spiritualcaucusun.org...

www.un.org...

www.csvgc-ny.org...

edit on 18-4-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

The links you've included were much appreciated. A few of them I haven't seen posted on here before. There is so much significance with this issue, maybe you could start a thread with them alone? Amazing info!

edit on 20-4-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Here is another example of the goals of the members of the UN Spiritual caucus

The mission of the Temple of Understanding, a global interfaith organization, is to promote understanding among the world’s religions; to recognize the Oneness of the human family; and, to achieve “A Spiritual United Nations.”

This can never be achieved without abolishing the radicals from all divisions of religion.

edit on 20-4-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I like your reply CODE3,, I enjoyed your Post. Interesting Quotes form the Bible,
It comes to me that it is more than possible for the United Nations at some point to come together as one, are they not already there?. The UN is but a face but behind the scenes what is being planned?. look at the UN's reach throughout the world with over 100,000 troops deployed yea they form all countries, but isnt that th econcept of one wrld gov?.. there are many many posts here about One World GOV and why should not the UN be the catalist of such?. The Setting up of the European Union a test to see how things would go?. pre planning for the main event?..
Passing of new laws in the EU at anytime require immediate adhearance, just imagine the possibilites with a one world gov,,, Where ya gonna hide?....Where is the truth?.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

It's rather humorous that one of their own saints predicts the destruction of Catholicism. Anyone else would have been beheaded.
edit on 6-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Just look at my signature. The wool has been purposely pulled over our eyes. The UN is nothing more than a corporation. What is disturbing is the people who run the whole thing keep getting their hands caught in the cookie jar (just look at rwanda circa 1993)- yet noone seems to be able to connect the dots.

edit on 7/5/2011 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join