It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the Russians had got to the Moon first?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Source

What if the Russians had got to the Moon first? would they have faked it better?
I dont believe the moon landing was faked but this is a very interesting read for those who believe it happened and have a genuine interest in it.

Had the Soviets got to the Moon first it is unlikely that they would have abandoned it as swiftly as the Americans.

if Korolev had lived a little longer and if Soviet spies had stolen US computer technology, then the Moon might well have been colonised and have been a base for international manned missions to Mars and - perhaps - beyond.

I wonder if we would have been further ahead in space technology terms than we are now, maybe we would be behind who knows...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just proves that America is faster with lies than Russia is.....

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well they should of gone to the moon anyways, its not like the US claimed as theirs.....or did they?

Isnt that what the whole space race was all about? and thats why there is the consipiracy that the US didnt go to the moon on 1969. They were trying to compete and in a competetion people tend to cheat.

whatever I dont believe that BS about "no we dont cheat", "we play by the rules". Sack of lies especially coming from the government

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
If the Russians got to the moon first all of these youngsters would believe it hook line and sinker because it wouldn't have been the Americans or NASA. Since American hate is at a peek and nobody believes anything (they are free to research themselves) and they want to believe every twinkle in the sky are aliens or ELE doom without verifications then of course, a Russian first would not be questioned, even with 1% of the evidence NASA and their contractors have out there.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
There is a big IF here, because we now know that the Soviets took huge gambles and that their level of technology was rather rudimentary. However, if the Soviets got to the moon and actually made it back alive, then I just wonder what ells the US could have achieved. The technical challenge to get to Mars would have been too much.

Manned space flight is for publicity and for jingoistic nationalists. At this time I believe that there is little merit in sacrificing investment in science for the cost of manned missions. The missions which achieve anything other than chest thumping are unmanned.

Look to the past and future unmanned programmes by ESA, NASA and others to appreciate that this is where the future is and where the discoveries are and will continue to be made.

Regards

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The Soviets would have planted nukes on the lunar surface to keep the Americans from attempting a landing, which is probably what we Americans did and the reason the Soviets gave up their attempt so soon after our landing

But seriously, I don't think it would have changed anything other than our chosen landing site, they got to space first and that didn't deter us from following them into orbit. The soviets had impressive rockets but lagged in computer science. Khrushchev's son is giving interviews about those times and it seems from his perspective the Soviet space race was largely dying when some of it's prominent proponents died (like Sergei Korolev in 1966), and Gagarin in 1968.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The moon landing wasn't faked.
Badastronomy.com is a great source for those who have questions on it.

For one thing though, the Russians had already infiltrated our intel services at a pretty high level at the time of the moon landing (this is a fact, as evidenced by the ones who were captured at the time), so if we DID try and fake it, we would have been called on it so fast...and the Russians would have cried out from the rooftops. (and rightfully so)...

Had they reached it first, I don't think it would have changed a lot, though it's hard to tell. They did beat us in space after all, with Sputnik...and it didn't really dampen our spirits. Had they reached it first, we would have probably then tried to put a man on Mars to beat them at THAT...

top topics

join