It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Amazing Christian Testimonies( video )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Hi

This here is a great compilation of amazing Christian revelations of today. people who have experienced miracles and wanted to share their story with you.
If you have a testimony, i'd really love to hear your story as well. im sure everyone would

ENJOY
10 Amazing Christian Testimonies

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hehe the image says it all...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
cant you give us a bit more info as i cant see myself watching that wierdo talk for over an hour.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
"tl;dr" I get the most choked up by people who were deep in darkness and come up out of it. I didn't see the hour+ video, no one wants to watch that, man. At least no one you're trying to reach. I know you're trying to do good, much love brother.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Metal heads out there, just check this video out. No expectation

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You can't sell a soul , It doesn't belong to us . It belongs to God

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
My testimony is my Blog. It's summed up below.

I spent 30 years in the Baptist Church before I started to really doubt organized religion. This is the place most believers get when they are at a tipping point between the material world and faith in what every person ultimately hopes for. Everyone wants peace and understanding. They want to know that the future will be okay, despite the fact that everything seems unsure. This is precisely how love works. True love is a struggle at times and a joy at unexpected times. Love is not all joy, but rests in the love of the other for peace. The struggle leads to appreciation and adoration if love is the basis of the relationship. If the basis of the relationship is selfishness (What's in it for me), then there is no loving relationship at all.

I have since come back to my faith in a big way. I learned what duplicity means and recognized it in myself. Duplicity is saying one thing but really meaning another. This is selfishness and pride. It's a type of lie to avoid fear when love is not present. Most believers and atheists live in this world of attachment to fear. On the one hand, you want to please God for the reward. On the other, you want to avoid punishment. Neither of these are reasons to believe or not believe. This is duplicity. Good is its own reward and this is the thing to learn from life. When your only aim is loving-kindness to others, you have found love. The flower begins to bloom from this point and you see God for what He represents.

Once you realize that nothing here in this world will satisfy your selfish duplicity, you come to realize the point of it all. Reward will never answer what you truly desire form life. The fear of punishment only pushes you to more fear. God has never demonstrated this by his word. His demonstration is simple. Faith, Hope and Love. The results of duplicity represent everything else. God is not responsible for this duplicity, we are. It's the same in a husband and wife relationship. All problems arise from selfishness.

When you release your attachment to the flesh and material desires, you give up your connection to the fear that it might be lost. This has nothing to do with selling all your possessions or walking away from your family and living in the woods as a religious hermit or monk. Although some people head this direction, what Christ meant by renouncing the material world is this: Rest in God only as you walk the path of life. Love your God (Shepherd of men) with your whole heart. Give up your love for the world and give up the fear that it can ever be lost. Nothing is lost with God when love is the aim.

Once you are in this place of detachment, something profound happens that transforms your desires. You suddenly realize the gifts in this life that God has granted. You realize that there is nothing you have that God did not give. You realize that your steps have been ordered by Him from the beginning. You realize that this day, reading this article, was meant for a reason. God is always at work fulfilling His part of the loving relationship. Even if that means protecting us from evil or allowing us to fall into our own mistakes. Reaping and sowing are laws and not punishment. Blessings are not earned, they are bestowed in loving-kindness. We are the only ones who can be selfish. God needs nothing but only desires our love in return.

We are all affected by three things in life: Choice, Chance and the actions of others. Chance is not probability at all, it's the providence of God working in all of our lives. Nothing that occurs in your life is wasted. Events will always point you to realizing that the steps you take are beside God. Sinner or saint, God is there guiding you. You can only see this when you give it all up first to God. This is trust. Love needs to be reciprocated.

Faith, Hope and Love is all that is worth anything in this life. Nothing else matters.

This is true belief. Some get it, some don't.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
cant you give us a bit more info as i cant see myself watching that wierdo talk for over an hour.
He's not a weirdo , he was in a plane crash and got burned really bad , because he's disfigured doesn't make him weird. There's no place for cruelty on this post

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

My testimony is my Blog. It's summed up below.

I spent 30 years in the Baptist Church before I started to really doubt organized religion. This is the place most believers get when they are at a tipping point between the material world and faith in what every person ultimately hopes for. Everyone wants peace and understanding. They want to know that the future will be okay, despite the fact that everything seems unsure. This is precisely how love works. True love is a struggle at times and a joy at unexpected times. Love is not all joy, but rests in the love of the other for peace. The struggle leads to appreciation and adoration if love is the basis of the relationship. If the basis of the relationship is selfishness (What's in it for me), then there is no loving relationship at all.

I agree, being raised in a baptist family myself. Only thing I may add is that love here on Earth is not all joy. Love in the coming kingdom is all joy, why dispare in love? There's no reason, unless someone you love isn't loving you or others you love the way they should, like we all fail at here on Earth. I know you know that.

I have since come back to my faith in a big way. I learned what duplicity means and recognized it in myself. Duplicity is saying one thing but really meaning another. This is selfishness and pride. It's a type of lie to avoid fear when love is not present. Most believers and atheists live in this world of attachment to fear. On the one hand, you want to please God for the reward. On the other, you want to avoid punishment. Neither of these are reasons to believe or not believe. This is duplicity. Good is its own reward and this is the thing to learn from life. When your only aim is loving-kindness to others, you have found love. The flower begins to bloom from this point and you see God for what He represents.

Being made in the image of God (love, "God is Love") we do have a good depiction of what "good" is. I agree, the personal path in finding Love (God) for most people seems split between working for rewards and against punishment. The truth is that neither matter. What matters is that you seek God (Love) in your life and evidence of this is the product of your being (actions). You will know a man by his action, reflect your life apon His commandment.

Once you realize that nothing here in this world will satisfy your selfish duplicity, you come to realize the point of it all. Reward will never answer what you truly desire form life.
The fear of punishment only pushes you to more fear.

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

It's like when you were a child. Say you intentionally did something you knew was wrong. You shouldn't have done it and you know it, your mother finds out and says "Just wait until your father gets home!". Time goes on and coming closer to your fathers arival, you begin to hide. Why do you hide? Fear of punishment. Is it wrong to get punished? No, you know what you did was wrong.

The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death. Proverbs 14:27

God has never demonstrated this by his word. His demonstration is simple. Faith, Hope and Love. The results of duplicity represent everything else. God is not responsible for this duplicity, we are. It's the same in a husband and wife relationship. All problems arise from selfishness.

When you release your attachment to the flesh and material desires, you give up your connection to the fear that it might be lost. This has nothing to do with selling all your possessions or walking away from your family and living in the woods as a religious hermit or monk. Although some people head this direction, what Christ meant by renouncing the material world is this: Rest in God only as you walk the path of life. Love your God (Shepherd of men) with your whole heart. Give up your love for the world and give up the fear that it can ever be lost. Nothing is lost with God when love is the aim.

From what humanity fears, death is one of the top, if not the top, thing we fear. If we can truely come to only fear God, the rest is history. God is our Father, the only one who rules us and with Love. You break Love's law, you break God's law since He IS Love. None of us love perfectly thus we have fear because we know we break this law every day, multiple times before we even finish breakfast.

Once you are in this place of detachment, something profound happens that transforms your desires. You suddenly realize the gifts in this life that God has granted. You realize that there is nothing you have that God did not give. You realize that your steps have been ordered by Him from the beginning. You realize that this day, reading this article, was meant for a reason. God is always at work fulfilling His part of the loving relationship. Even if that means protecting us from evil or allowing us to fall into our own mistakes. Reaping and sowing are laws and not punishment. Blessings are not earned, they are bestowed in loving-kindness. We are the only ones who can be selfish. God needs nothing but only desires our love in return.

Beautiful, very true. I felt these verses

I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. My brothers, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, “I follow Paul”; another, “I follow Apollos”; another, “I follow Cephasa”; still another, “I follow Christ.”

Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized intob the name of Paul? I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.
1 Corinthians 1:10-17

We are all affected by three things in life: Choice, Chance and the actions of others. Chance is not probability at all, it's the providence of God working in all of our lives. Nothing that occurs in your life is wasted. Events will always point you to realizing that the steps you take are beside God. Sinner or saint, God is there guiding you. You can only see this when you give it all up first to God. This is trust. Love needs to be reciprocated.

Faith, Hope and Love is all that is worth anything in this life. Nothing else matters.

This is true belief. Some get it, some don't.

edit on 12-4-2011 by Artanis667 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Hehe the image says it all...

If you had watched the video and seen that the man in that picture was burned and disfigured in a plane crash, would you still have made fun of him?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Artanis667

i know the video is a little over an hour long but there are 10 different stories . anyone could see them if they wished to.
Each of the stories are about 10 minutes long. They are awesome and ' yes ' there are some who would love to see the power of God at work in every one of these stories..
ALSO , love your videos ! there is definitely a story great story there.
for anyone who hasn't seen the videos Artanis has displayed i recommend you do.

edit on 12-4-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join