It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces scandal as officers are held 'for trying to leak secrets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

What have YOU done?

Been around long enough to see past this 'YOU' talk, this ain't about you or me but a group of soldiers that know something bad enough to deeply upset them. It is concerning how offensive the truth is to some, this world can be an ugly place at times but pretending it does not exist does not make it so. For those that wage war on the truth, their greatest enemy is closer than they realise.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
so has it come to light yet just
what secret info they were
trying to get out ???

Could it be they were given orders
to assassinate Gadaffi ???
just a guess here

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

BackinBlack, much like a handful of sand in the crack of a man's butt, you really don't add much to what's going on or what's being discussed.

Yeah, yeah, yeah - a number of us have been successful businessmen as well, but that's not really the topic here, is it? Weird, but whatever the topic, your input is generally uninformed or irrelevant. But I do admire your consistency.

Have you tried the cooking threads?

I'm saying that anyone who leaks possible ongoing operations that place mens lives at risk should be shot.

Period.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

BackinBlack, much like a handful of sand in the crack of a man's butt, you really don't add much to what's going on or what's being discussed.
Yeah, yeah, yeah - a number of us have been successful businessmen as well, but that's not really the topic here, is it? Weird, but whatever the topic, your input is generally uninformed or irrelevant. But I do admire your consistency.
Have you tried the cooking threads?
I'm saying that anyone who leaks possible ongoing operations that place mens lives at risk should be shot.
Period.

Personally I think I do add to discussion..
I pointed out that you don't need to be a blood thirty killer to be considered useful or to show intelligence and reasoning..

Now on topic..
If you don't know what these soldiers were going to leak then could you please tell me how you reason that it would put lives at risk..
It may actually be the exact opposite..

Imagine all the US lives that would have been saved if a brave soldier had of leaked information on the
"Gulf of Tonkin" incident before the US committed troops..

BTW, that would have saved quite a few Australian soldiers lives also, including a few of my friends..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

BackinBlack, it's a time-proven, basic principle of warfare to keep all operations - secret - before, during, and usually AFTER an action.

It doesn't make a DAMN what the secret, or what information they were going to leak. You don't leave it to individuals to decide for themselves what secrets or military information they'll keep secret, and those items they decide they'll spill.

You never, EVER release any information about an ongoing operation, and you're a complete idiot if you give details of a past operation.

If it worked the last time, and it's still a secret, it will more than likely work the second time.

These are principles in business too. If you were a businessman as you stated, you'd already know this. You always try to get a technological or informational advantage over your competition.

Dang, man, you don't have to get stupid just because you want to slam me.

Most of this is common sense.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Your connection between war and business is very apt. Everyone knows there are trillions at stake with the current state of play. Iraq was not about WMD, Afghanistan was not about 9/11 and most other conflicts being perpetrated are not about what the headlines say. I have no problem with national defence, but national assault is an issue.

Whistleblowers do get a hard time. When the machine is squeaking it either gets maintenance or ignored until it breaks. When the gunship video was released on wikileaks, no one died, except Bradley probably wishes he was dead with his treatment. No trade secrets where released, this has been going on since Vietnam. The anger against it came from the nation being shamed, it had to face the reality of its action in the public view and this is what hurt, this is what helps drive change. The first step in fixing a problem is to identify it.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

BackinBlack, it's a time-proven, basic principle of warfare to keep all operations - secret - before, during, and usually AFTER an action.
It doesn't make a DAMN what the secret, or what information they were going to leak. You don't leave it to individuals to decide for themselves what secrets or military information they'll keep secret, and those items they decide they'll spill.
You never, EVER release any information about an ongoing operation, and you're a complete idiot if you give details of a past operation.
If it worked the last time, and it's still a secret, it will more than likely work the second time.
These are principles in business too. If you were a businessman as you stated, you'd already know this. You always try to get a technological or informational advantage over your competition.
Dang, man, you don't have to get stupid just because you want to slam me.
Most of this is common sense.

So you don't agree it would have been beneficial if some brave soldier had of leaked the plans for the "Gulf of Tonkin" false flag attack??

I find that hard to believe..
America lost and a lot of brave sons never came home..

To think our leaders are always right and always do what's good for the public is naive at best..
Divulging their treasonous plans is not only right but actually a soldiers duty..

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The Gulf of Tonkin maybe is a thread you'd like to start, but it has little to do with the level of what we're talking about here.

Yes, there were a lot of lives lost in Vietnam. At the same time we were fighting in Vietnam, we were facing a large Soviet contingent at ready to sweep across Europe.

The Soviets looked at what the Americans were doing in Vietnam, how hard they were fighting, the cost to which they were prepared to expend, and soberly concluded that if they tried to push across Europe, how much more would the Americans fight the Soviets.

This was shortly after the Cuban Missile Crisis, when we were a few hours from total nuclear war with the Soviets.

Lots of technologies were also developed during the Vietnam war which has saved hundreds of thousands of live since.

So while you like to look five feet straight ahead in front of you, some of us are also aware of what's on the horizon, front, left, right, and behind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join