It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces scandal as officers are held 'for trying to leak secrets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Two senior Special Forces officers suspected of leaking details of highly sensitive covert operations have been arrested under the Official Secrets Act, the Daily Mail can reveal. The unprecedented arrests came as members of the SAS and SBS were deployed in Libya in preparation for airstrikes and to liaise with rebels and identify stranded British oil workers for rescue.

It was unclear last night what the officers are suspected of leaking, but it is understood it involves attempts to pass it to a major broadcaster. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I would like to see what was sooooo bad that these guys are being detained for. They were probably developing a concious and decided they should tell people the truth as to why we were in Libya in the first place. The gov't is being really really stupid about this crap just to protect their own ass.
edit on 11-4-2011 by agentblue because: *ass as in their mules called "parliment and officers"

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The British officers should have gone to china or russia to leak that kind of information, they should have known not to trust the western news media.

The news networks work for the government.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Most likely that the whole war that is not a war is all done on a blue screen, wag the dog !

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You know your countries in bad shape when it's treason to tell the truth.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

And the Chinese and Russian media outlets don't? hahaha You can't even google search in China.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Why am I getting deja vu all over again? Coulda sworn I read a thread about this on ATS the other day.
No offense meant,

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Probably evidence of all the innocent civilians getting slaughtered from the air strikes and rebels. Then there is all that global takeover with an new bank getting set up as well. War is a big massive crime conducted by psychopaths with 1000's of little crimes all thrown in. It would not take much digging to find something truly offensive.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
it's hard enough in Special Forces, whether British or American, as your teams are very small and are more often than not - isolated from support or the potential for rapid evacuation.

So - your' butt is hanging out in the breeze - and being vastly outnumbered is just a constant fact of life.

For any SF officer to leak ANYTHING to anyone - especially the press?

They should be Courts Martialed and if found guilty, shot the same day.

Just a few timely executions, and the leaks will likely diminish noticeably.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Is the truth really that much of a problem? Just kill everyone who knows what really happened? The only thing I see this stopping is the shame. If you cannot confront the repercussions of your decisions it is really the right decision? How is this world going to get any better when we cannot acknowledge mistakes?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Uhm, you're not getting it.

Soldiers do not determine their missions.

But they can damn well get killed when some jerk with a mouth looser than a San Franciscan bunghole gives a heads up to their mission.

You know, such things can get men killed. That's why it's serious.

And by the way, you'll never know how many ways and how many times that Special Operations have pulled off missions the world never heard about nor likely never will that saved scores, hundreds, or thousands of lives.

The truth doesn't have a damn thing to do with ti.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I am not getting it? Soldiers are people, not machines. They think, feel and most accept responsibility for their actions. By the sounds of it you have not been covered in blood at the end of a slaughter and been exposed to deep, hollow nothingness that becomes part of you. You do not understand murder sitting safe behind your keyboard.

The truth doesn't have a damn thing to do with it.

You absolutely are not getting it.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

The first casualty of war is truth..

So what's new in the military/

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Only an ignorant arrogant ass could make such statements. I was in SF, team engineer, and I really have been trying to forget the blood and gore I've been covered with. So covered that the medic was convinced I was cut to shreds when I didn't have a slice on me.

I've had my friend's brain matter splattered all over me and couldn't wash for two more days. Don't ever assume **** since you obviously don't assume worth a damn.

Your truth? Your truth compared to mens lives . . . is ****.

You can take your desire for the TRUTH and cram it where the sun never shines - IF it will place good men's lives in danger.

Loud mouths such as yourself, or pretender officers who are always looking to fluff their nest would willingly sacrifice blood for exposing things that will only get men killed.

And that thing about soldiers are people and not machines?

If you do it right, it's really hard to tell the difference.

Until the blood starts to flow.

What a dumbass.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

What where you fighting for? Corporate power, greed, or are you so programmed and dehumanised that you have stopped thinking and it was just orders. You think it is ok that 9/11 was an inside job so the oil companies could make a bit more money or what ever self centred reason it was? Or are you still programmed with the official story and unable to see the truth for what it would mean?

When you fail to put your ass on the line for truth and justice, all that is left is money on greed. If you think that is worth killing and dying for you are not alone, but you are without my support. I know your attitude is common, is this the society you really want? Bent cops, crooked judges, blind media, corrupt politicians, bad science?

Say that the truth does not matter to all the people losing there lives, homes, jobs and families as the corruption in the system runs rampant. It is sad when you say the truth does not matter as you become lost in the lies you are feed. How many people have died because of wikileaks and how many people have died because of what it has tried to expose? Lives are on the line, but until you value the truth you cannot see it.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
reply to post by Komodo

Why am I getting deja vu all over again? Coulda sworn I read a thread about this on ATS the other day.
No offense meant,

All good, np , I pretty sure I checked it b4 I posted, I try and do it every time before I post a thread. What's odd is, something I see some referances to within the threads, but not the threads themselves.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
there would be no wars
if every soldier knew the REAL reason
why he was fighting.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Oh yeah. Another candiass whose never done diddly squat - who's never seen the varmint - whose total experience in conflict consists of watching a movie.

So damned pitiful and bitter that they've never accomplished a damned thing worthwhile in their lives, who must resort to belittling combat soldiers by postulating utter stupidity about them unknowingly fighting for corporations and ethereal powers of personal greed.

So you really haven't done squat. Maybe you'd do better starting a cooking thread.

My unit had a documented kill ratio of 100:1. The illiterates we trained, had a documented kill ratio of 33:1.

I've been wounded in combat and I've been decorated for valor. The nightmares are slowing down, but they still come.

So badass know-it-all,

What have YOU done?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

Oh yeah. Another candiass whose never done diddly squat - who's never seen the varmint - whose total experience in conflict consists of watching a movie.
So damned pitiful and bitter that they've never accomplished a damned thing worthwhile in their lives, who must resort to belittling combat soldiers by postulating utter stupidity about them unknowingly fighting for corporations and ethereal powers of personal greed.
So you really haven't done squat. Maybe you'd do better starting a cooking thread.
My unit had a documented kill ratio of 100:1. The illiterates we trained, had a documented kill ratio of 33:1.
I've been wounded in combat and I've been decorated for valor. The nightmares are slowing down, but they still come.
So badass know-it-all,
What have YOU done?

Well I've run many successful companies and employed hundreds of people that have earned good money to support their families..

But I guess in your eyes I've done "squat" because i haven't been to war...
Sorry mate but it's not always the guy with the highest kill ratio that has done more for society IMO..
Oh, and I know many military guys..
None of them talk about killing like you do, in fact they are very private about it..

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

You do know your macho talk isn't doing anything but give them ammunition right?

Doesn't matter that you was wounded or decorated for valor. There are thousands who have done the same thing. I don't hear them throwing it around as if it carries weight. I bet you even have a US Army bumper sticker too. Probably have a SF decal or something along those lines.

Yes my butt has done something several times over many, many, many years as a medic. So save that tired arguement for someone else.

On topic.

Nobody knows what they was trying to leak. It could be anything and unfortuantly for them it was classified and they knew the consequences of their actions and now must suffer it. Thats the weight they chose to bear when they decided they wanted that responsibility.

Is if fair? We will never know unless we find out what exactly it was they tried to leak.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join