It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Libyan Rebels?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

Good points. It's nice to see someone who keeps an open mind. I believe far too many here have a pre-determined opinion one way or the other as to the alleged identity of these 'rebels'.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

What resourcesare those? We get very little oil from them?

By 'we", I'm assuming you mean the US.

The US is not the only force in this though, France, for example , gets a lot of oil from Libya. And Libya controls a key geopolitical piece on the map.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Saudi funded sleeper cells?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

perhaps.

I'd still be interested in seeing real evidence one way or another.
thank for your help, everyone

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Who are the lybian rebels? Americans with alies ofcourse. Its 100% proofed and nothing gonna to change...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
While reading another thread that provided the link for the following document I was taken by complete surprise to find out that Osama bin Laden was a wanted man in Libya. It stems from the killing of a German spy in Sirte Libya, in March 1994.

FBI Vault - bin Laden (pdf)

On reading this I tried a search for the story on the original 1994 killing, the only piece of news I could find was actually written 02 May 2011 -

Bin Laden Was Made A Wanted Man By Gaddafi

The first international warrant for his arrest was issued in April 1998 following a request not by the Americans or the Europeans, but by Colonel Gaddafi of Libya.

On March 16, 1998, five months before the al Qaeda bombings of the US Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, the Libyan Ministry of Justice named Bin Laden as the main suspect in a double murder that had taken place in the Libyan town of Sirte four years earlier.

In March 1994 a German man named Sinvan Becker and his wife Vera travelled to Libya. They were apparently on holiday However, Herr Becker's job suggests that it was more than a sightseeing trip. Herr Becker was a spy. He is said to have been the top Arab expert in Germany's domestic intelligence agency - the German equivalent of MI5.

The Gaddafi government believed Bin Laden was involved and passed its evidence to Interpol who clearly agreed.

And an interesting aside: As Germany's most experienced Arab expert, Herr Becker's job was to identify Islamist extremist threats. The 9/11 attacks were, in part, planned in Hamburg. Had he not been murdered, would he have been alerted to the plot?

The original ATS thread that provided us with the link to the document is here;
FBI bin Laden file - Extradition will be from any country EXCEPT Isreal

and kudos goes to "rstregooski" as the thread originator

Edit to add: from the news story I got the phrase al Muqatila taken from the phrase "Al-Jama'a Al-Islamiyya Al-Muqatila" translated as "The Libyan Fighting Group" - a search of al Muqatila provides more information on the 1994 murders.
edit on 12-5-2011 by ukWolf because: as stated above

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I wouldnt be surprised if some of the "freedom fighters" were in the hills of Afghanistan posing as Alqaeda a couple of years back.

But while there might be instigators, Ghadaffi must have done more than his part for the instigators to find so much fertile ground among the populace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join