It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court won't lift stay on Arizona immigration law!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Reply to post by kid_cudi

hold up

you being fired and replaced by less expensive workforce is mainly to blame on your boss, capitalism is great. isnt it?

the fact that workforce happens to be illegal is totally irrelevant to why you are out of a job.

if you cant beat them, join them. renounce your us citizenship and then trully live the american dream lol

but seriously, there is a bigger interest in keeping a supply and demand of an illegal, hence you became collateral damage.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

I see what your saying but my boss's arguments and the man he hired didn't hold up in court either. So I won that case.

But what I'm saying is that it is offensive to us citizens for a person from another country to come over here illegally and think that they can live among us and take our jobs and money without us doing something about it.

Btw my boss got sued for over 1 million dollars by me and 7 other former employees. The people he hired were deported and im still not happy because money isn't the answer. Honesty and loyalty towards employees is what would have liked to seen happen.

How would you feel If an illegal alien came over here and moved in next door to you and didn't pay taxes, got paid under the table, and had 15 other illegal people living with them?

My guess is that If you were anything like the rest of us then you'd be furious.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

All true actually..

One thing I don't get about Liberals.. is why they endorse this Neo-Slave labor? Illegals have the "right" to come here and work jobs for often under minimum wage because they are "escaping" a hard life in another country...

To me it's like saying blacks had a better life on a Cotton plantation than they did living in wattle huts on the Savannah.

Illegal immigration is wrong for many reasons, chief among them is that it creates a population of a specific ethnicity that is preyed upon for cheap labor and services as compared to society as a whole. If a few generations from now a Latino feels hard done by because he's offered a lower wage he will have today's situation to thank.

Seems like hypocrisy in my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

All true actually.. One thing I don't get about Liberals..

I'm not liberal!

Illegals have the "right" to come here and work jobs for often under minimum wage because they are "escaping" a hard life in another country...

They have no right whatsoever to come over here illegally just because they are trying to escape a hard life.

To me it's like saying blacks had a better life on a Cotton plantation than they did living in wattle huts on the Savannah.

you sound like a racist

Illegal immigration is wrong for many reasons

that is probably the only smart thing you have ever said in your life.

Do I need to say more?

edit on 12-4-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

All true actually..

One thing I don't get about Liberals.. is why they endorse this Neo-Slave labor? Illegals have the "right" to come here and work jobs for often under minimum wage because they are "escaping" a hard life in another country...

Illegal immigration is wrong for many reasons, chief among them is that it creates a population of a specific ethnicity that is preyed upon for cheap labor and services as compared to society as a whole. If a few generations from now a Latino feels hard done by because he's offered a lower wage he will have today's situation to thank.

Seems like hypocrisy in my humble opinion.

"Illegals have the "right" to come here and work jobs for often under minimum wage because they are "escaping" a hard life in another country... " And where do our citizens who are being displaced by illegals go? We have millions of citizens who are jobless and worried sick about how they will provide for their families. We have people who have to choose between life saving medicines or food. We have homeless and hungry people. How do they escape? They don't run to another country and expect that country to displace its own citizens to cater to thm. Illegals have NO 'right' to damage the life of an American citizen.

Corporations are to blame, but so are the illegals who choose to spend thousands of dollars on stolen identities and false documents, rather than going through the proper channels.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
millions of americans have a hard life where do we get to escape to? no where,

oh the reason they have a hard life is that some illegal stole a job that could make an americans life better.

what do you tell a mother and father whose little girl was killed by someone who wasnt even suppose to be here in the first place? true story that has been repeated over and over in america and worse.

sorry about your luck they were just trying to escape a hard life.

there is no way to justify or defend anyone in this country whose illegal END OF STORY.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

They do have a right to live!!! In there own country (most likely Mexico) not here in ours. It's time we sweep out the trash.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
millions of americans have a hard life where do we get to escape to? no where,

oh the reason they have a hard life is that some illegal stole a job that could make an americans life better.

what do you tell a mother and father whose little girl was killed by someone who wasnt even suppose to be here in the first place? true story that has been repeated over and over in america and worse.

sorry about your luck they were just trying to escape a hard life.

there is no way to justify or defend anyone in this country whose illegal END OF STORY.

Good point about the deaths caused by illegals. One young girl lost both her legs because of an illegal, one man lost his wife and little girl to an illegal. There are literally thousands of people who have died at the hands of an illegal, many having previous arrests and deportations.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Okay, let them live in YOUR house, take YOUR money and eat YOUR FOOD
problem solved

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
The Arizona law is BS it's profiling. If they want to invade a country because their treating their people like crap they should start with Mexico, improve Mexico, and drag corporations back to the U.S.

I agree with profiling 100%, start on the airlines with the TSA

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kid_cudi
In Oklahoma during the huge 2011 blizzard where we got 18 inches of snow and about 5 total inches of ice there was accident. A ford truck full of illegal immigrants slid off of the bridge into the icy waters below and 7 out of the 8 died. It just goes to show that you get what you deserve. Come over here illegally and your bound to get yourself into trouble. Now It is sad that 7 people died but still... They were ILLEGAL. and has anyone thought of this yet!!!!
Right... because accidents never happen to legal residents.

This thread is about a court decision staying an injunction on Arizona’s immigration law and quickly turned into a rant fest about illegal immigrants. What does your opinion of illegal immigrants, or the absurd implication from your little story, have to do with the courts decisions concerning Arizona’s law?

Is anyone seriously suggesting that immigration policy is not a federal matter? Should individual states define immigration policy and make their own laws regulating that policy?

Forget for a moment you hate immigrants, or that it has anything to do with immigrants, why was this decision — immigration and foreign policy is a federal matter — legally and constitutionally wrong?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_cudi

If you are aware that everyone else but ghandi agrees with you why do you respond to them like your arguing with them?

I'll say this. I said it when the arizona law was the hot button about a year ago. The people you elect don't care about you and the illegals are doing what they can to get by and some even get over. They're just playing their part in the game. Doesn't make it right but it is the truth.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

edit on 12-4-2011 by kid_cudi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

In Oklahoma during the huge 2011 blizzard where we got 18 inches of snow and about 5 total inches of ice there was accident. A ford truck full of illegal immigrants slid off of the bridge into the icy waters below and 7 out of the 8 died. It just goes to show that you get what you deserve. Come over here illegally and your bound to get yourself into trouble. Now It is sad that 7 people died but still... They were ILLEGAL. and has anyone thought of this yet!!!!
Right... because accidents never happen to legal residents.

This thread is about a court decision staying an injunction on Arizona’s immigration law and quickly turned into a rant fest about illegal immigrants. What does your opinion of illegal immigrants, or the absurd implication from your little story, have to do with the courts decisions concerning Arizona’s law?

Is anyone seriously suggesting that immigration policy is not a federal matter? Should individual states define immigration policy and make their own laws regulating that policy?

Forget for a moment you hate immigrants, or that it has anything to do with immigrants, why was this decision — immigration and foreign policy is a federal matter — legally and constitutionally wrong?

The feds have failed in doing their job, hence the issue of States having to fight to enforce the laws. Arizona has pleaded for help for a long time and the feds did nothing.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

And I don't understand why the Feds are disagreeing with the state of Arizona now. If the Feds are supposed to be taking car eif illegal immigration laws then why aren't they doing it?

In order for something to be successful both state and federal need to work together to get the problem of illegal immigration taken care of.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Night Star

In order for something to be successful both state and federal need to work together to get the problem of illegal immigration taken care of.

I think your missing the point. They don't want to "fix" the problem of illegal immigration. In 1986 Reagan gave around 3 million illegals amnesty. The idea was that after that it would be harder to become legal if found in the US. Before then if an illegal could prove that he had lived in the US and stayed out of trouble for a certain number of years he could start the process to become a resident alien. Yes he was illegal but the law did have a grey area.

In the decades before then every year illegals who could file the paperwork would do so and start on the path to citizenship. After that year they could no longer do this so the numbers of illegals started to grow because they were no longer allowed to apply. By doing this they could keep a low cost labor force available because they could never get out of that situation. For those that say that they don't want to asimilate, how could they when they are not really given the chance to.

Is this fair to the american citizen? Of course not. Is it fair to the illegal aliens? No it isn't fair to them either. Is it good for big business? Of course it is. If it wasn't you could bet they would have "fixed" it a long time ago.
edit on 13-4-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
The feds have failed in doing their job
That’s a distinct question, but one that doesn’t change the fact that immigration policy is a federal matter.

Think of this example, from a different area of federal powers, to perhaps look at this question from a different perspective: if the state of Arizona disagrees with the way the war is being conducted in Afghanistan can Arizona wage its own war the way Arizona wants or wishes to?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

ATTENTION...

This great site of ours has been built on the cornerstone of civility and decorum. As members, we are free to discuss any issue as long as it within the parameters of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when registering with this site.

On that note, please confine your remarks to the issue at hand and refrain from attacking one another. Adherence to this simple request is expected. No exceptions.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aptness

Originally posted by Night Star
The feds have failed in doing their job
That’s a distinct question, but one that doesn’t change the fact that immigration policy is a federal matter.

Think of this example, from a different area of federal powers, to perhaps look at this question from a different perspective: if the state of Arizona disagrees with the way the war is being conducted in Afghanistan can Arizona wage its own war the way Arizona wants or wishes to?

Arizona wishes to enforce the federal laws. They have every right to protect themselves. This issue is still being fought so there is still hope. Too many people have lost their lives or live in in fear just because laws are not enforced and that is ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join