It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virus alart http://ask.abovetopsecret.com/

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Odd anyone else have this problem?

My avast is saying ask.abovetopsecret.com is a virus...

Second problem, I can't get the picture to load.
edit on 11-4-2011 by Tygart because: (no reason given)

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
mine says facebook is a virus.

i believe it..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Added photo: see link

When I post the photo in a box on the page it cuts off half.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
yeah i got this with every site i go to, just started today. wtf its so anoying

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
yeah i got this with every site i go to, just started today. wtf its so anoying

Same here, I woke up and avast would not allow me to go to any website, it said virus alert.. so i did a cpu scan.. then 2+ hour scan bio scan which avast recommended and its working alright for now

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

yeah i did some scans, spyware scan too. then i jsut turned off the avast notification lol.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Often with the anti virus software, threat notification will pop up for your safe sites as well. If you're familiar(knowing it's safe) with the site than no problem. Didn't hurt to ask though

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well that is good that I am not the only one having the problem.

Thanks for the replies.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
mine says influenza is a virus.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
You Windows users have so much trouble with viruses and malware, don't you? Don't any of you ever get just a little tired of all this hassle all the time? Think about this for just a second, will ya?

If you were a large corporation in the business of anti-virus software, would you be content to sit and let someone else invent a virus, just to prove the effectiveness of your software? No, you would not. You would invent your own viruses, so people would then choose to "upgrade" their protection to sanitize the virus.

Would't it be great to surf the Internet with no fear of a virus getting into your computer? Wouldn't it? Well, you can. There are other operating systems out there, Unix based, and executable files like viruses are unable to effect a Unix/Linux OS.
Linux used to be only for the hobbyist, but anymore is is so mainstream even a novice can install and configure a Linux operating system. Here are the top 10 Linux Distros:
distrowatch.com...

Main Distrowatch page:
distrowatch.com...

Linux Torrent Downloads:
linuxtracker.org...

Linux is open source, so you can alter it any way your like. It belongs to you, the one who downloaded it. Linux is free to all, save for several distos like Red Hat that are used in Servers, and I mean free like free beer. You can copy it and give it to your friends. Free Software for Everyone!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

As soon as I am done setting up my room, I do have plans to set up a Linux computer. Its not very fast but it will give me a chance to get to know the system, Without the Live CD.

I was planning on Ubuntu. Is that good or should I go towards the RedHat?

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Ubuntu is alright, I cannot seem to get it configured right on my custom PC though. I use Fedora 14 Gnome right now, but may change soon, soon as one of the Linux distros comes out with Gnome 3. PC Linux runs good, but has upgrade problems a lot, and Slackware is too ugly for me.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Gnome 3???
www.gnome.org...

Can it run on Live CD? YES (Answered my own question)

edit on 13-4-2011 by Tygart because: (no reason given)

top topics

join