It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, UK liable for Bahrain crackdowns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

A Bahraini opposition group has lashed out at the United States and Britain for their roles in the brutal crackdowns on anti-regime protesters in Bahrain. Both Washington and London have granted legitimacy to the Saudi occupation and the ethnic cleansing of Shia Muslim natives in Bahrain, the London-based Bahrain Freedom Movement said in a statement published on its website on Saturday. The opposition group added that the Al Khalifa dynasty, Saudi Arabia and their American and British backers should be held responsible for the atrocities committed in crisis-hit Bahrain. They should face charges including “war crimes, crimes against humanity, extra-judicial killings, attacks on civil liberties, violations of the rule of law, repressing all public freedoms and, most serious of all, genocide,” the group said on its website. This comes as the crackdown by the Bahraini regime forces intensifies on anti-government protesters.

Link to original article

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is very concerning, deals are being made at expensive dinner parties in The UK between The UK Government and Bahrain and Saudi Backers, while at the same time they are shooting and firing on protestors

Related Links:
www.presstv.ir...
www.tehrantimes.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Well the only way that this will be sorted is by a letter written to the bahrainie leaders from the UN or the US telling the bahrain leader of our disgust and of the pain that we and he have caused on his own people, but we still want your oil. And if that doesn't work, well........... we will send them another letter.
And if that doesn't work we will send them yet another letter.And if that last letter doesn't work............well then we will send them another letter.
Either way we will still send him a letter.

edit on 11-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Today, in a forum somewhere

I read that someone probably important said that the UK should stop trying to take the world stage

And there's a lot of truth in that

You don't see Switzerland, for example, stepping in as world police, assuming itself to be judge and jury, do you ?

Maybe the UK should accept it's physical size and limitations. The Empire is long gone. It died when air flight happened along

That being the case, the UK government should begin catering to the needs of those who pay it -- the UK people -- and stop jumping to attention every time Israel-US snap their fingers

That will leave Israel-US in the spotlight --- as they should be, seeing they're the instigators of all of it

And in time, israel and the US will be accorded their fate by more powerful nations, which can't happen quickly enough for most people

True, the zionists control the UK as they do most other places. But the UK has to simply refuse to obey. The UK people are sick and tired of the endless israel-US wars and bank heists. So if the zionist-owned UK government doesn't have the courage to resist israel-US, it is up to Britains themselves to say ' NO ' and refuse to send their sons to fight for israel-US

and I hope Britains start saying NO very soon

because they should have said it decades ago

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

I think the UK has more power and is behind more things than you think. I've come to the realization that they are the finance, america is the military, and rome is the religion all working together to form one huge borg of control and naughtiness across the globe. Maybe the British empire just took a new form, or the roman empire just took a new form from way back when.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

The Government of Bahrain requested Saudi Arabia send troops, and Saudi Arabia complied. The US / UK were caught off guard, and we know this because when it came out on the news, both governments went into overdrive to try and figure out what was going on.

We know this because Govt. spokespersons were annoyed at the delpoyment without being kept in the loop.

So how excactly is the US / UK complicit in something we knew nothing about? Or is the opposition leader just pissed because we didnt join the rebels like we did in Libya?

The real concern btw is not Saudi troops, but what could occur, which is the annexation of Bahrain by Iran, and this has been dsicussed in the past by both the Iranian Government and the Bahran government.

Iranians have coveted Bahrain for decades, arguing that the island was once part of their country. In the 1960s, Arab rulers had to pay off the shah to convince him to renounce ownership of Bahrain and drop a plan to annex it. Now some Tehran legislators and officials are trying to revive the flame, demanding to reseize Iran's "14th province."

Source
edit on 11-4-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You can tell where the article is sourced from by simply reading the headline. Why people insist on using PressTV as a source, I will never know. Unless it has something to do with the pushing of agendas. Hmm...

Tehran Times as well? You have got to be taking the piss.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

First of all Soshh, PRESSTV is a national news source, sure, they have an agenda, just like the BBC, SKY NEWS, CNN, MBC, FOX etc. etc. so don't play that card, I have never known PRESSTV to fake war coverage on set in a despicable way like CNN have done in the past.

Secondly, no I'm not taking the piss, that's the job of toilets.

And Third, why would I be pushing an Iranian agenda? I'm a white British male with no ties to or belief in any religion and have lived in The UK all my life? My only agenda is the truth, I'm well aware of this story, it's no secret Bahrain representatives just met in Downing Street and talked over plush meals making deals for now and for the future while the government kill protesting citizens on the streets and unlike PRESSTV most of the western media isn't spending much time on Bahrain

The sad fact is, PRESSTV was the only major world news outlet I could find reporting it at the time of posting, and whether or not you like PRESSTV does not change the fact that along with BBC, SKY NEWS and RT, they a leading national world news outlets, so deal with it

edit on 11-4-2011 by lifttheveil because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Not too much of a surprise, although its still disgusting. Seems America really loves utilizing the divide and conquer technique.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

PressTV is owned and operated by the overnment of Iran. Its their offical State sanctioned news outlet. On very rare occasion they get a story correct and include all of the info. 99.9% of the rest is propoganda.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This is a bit hypocritical...

ukinbahrain.fco.gov.uk...
i.imgur.com...

It's the British Embassy's UK BAHRAIN site, straight on the front page they have William Hague condemning the violence by the government in YEMEN and SYRIA but no mention of the violence in BAHRAIN which the site is about

This is what is happening in Bahrain, and our governments (UK and US) are not only turning a blind eye but supporting the regime which is completely out of order...

edit on 12-4-2011 by lifttheveil because: Fixed embed

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Imperial

Detailed List

The region has been at war for the better part of 5000 years, most often with each other, but also with all manner of foreign powers. They are tribal, still. The elements of orthadox religion, tribal domination through violence, religious expansionism and political totalitarianism are deeply ingrained in their cultures.

Something tells me that while we shouldn't be any more involved than we absolutely have to be in the ME, they would be killing each other regardless.

Rather than continuing to take the blame for their failed societies, that would be even more desperate if not for the involvement of the west (tbh), it would be quite excellent if we got on with the process of replacing crude oil so we could just ignore them.

I'd pay the UN to wall that b@tc4 off, personally.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

edit on 12/4/11 by Soshh because: double post

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
reply to post by Soshh

unlike PRESSTV most of the western media isn't spending much time on Bahrain

PressTV spend an inordinate amount of time on Bahrain. Do you know why? Do you know what Iran is up to in Bahrain?

The sad fact is, PRESSTV was the only major world news outlet I could find reporting it at the time of posting

Last I checked, most decent news agencies are covering the Bahrain protests and in a rather impartial fashion too.

Virtually all news agencies have some kind of slant but it is on a sliding scale. Literally the only purpose of PressTV is to push the Iranian government's agenda into the English-speaking world, it is a propaganda mouthpiece pure and simple. They are even worse than Fox - and that is not something that I would say lightly!

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Soshh

PressTV is owned and operated by the overnment of Iran. Its their offical State sanctioned news outlet. On very rare occasion they get a story correct and include all of the info. 99.9% of the rest is propoganda.

That was my point! There are no legal Iranian news agencies that are even slightly impartial, but the idea that someone would seriously cite an Iranian source on the subject of the Bahrain protests is absolutely ridiculous, just as you wouldn't expect an article on their nuclear programme or their involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan to be impartial or factually accurate.

new topics

top topics

join