It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last day on Earth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Judy doesn't see it. She doesn't even get it. She could look at me for hours and she would see nothing. I am going to die today and all I get in return is a blank stare.

"Martin! Are you listening to me? My sister said that I was the one that left the hairdryer plugged in..."

Martin fell back onto his bed. A ceiling fan spun warm air over his body and his girlfriend Judy continued to drone on in the background.

"You should get out of here." Marting said with coldness, "my mom could walk in and she would freak if you are in my room."

Judy slammed her hand down on a desk. Post-it-notes fell from the hutch and Martin's collection of model cars vibrated.

"You got to be joking me!" Judy exclaimed, "my sister totally got me in trouble with my mom and you don't even care..."

The tone of voice was nasally. Judy's arms flailed. Martin didn't care. He raised up of the bed, half up, pointed to the door and shouted, "get out!"

Judy's face fluctuated like a lava lamp. Anger, resentment, sadness. She stood up from the desk, shoulders slumped over, then walked to the door.

"It is so over between us." She declared.

Martin crashed his body into the bed. "Sure... Cool."

The door slammed.

Martin shut his eyes and his nightmares replayed themselves: There he is, sitting in his room and everything turns dark. So black that not even the whites of his eyes would show in a mirror. Like ants carrying away his flesh, he begins to disintegrate. One by one, molecules evaporate and he watches himself disappear.

Martin screamed.

Sweat leaked from his pores. His heart pounded. The nightmare was so real he knew it was about to happen. A death sentence. He had never had a dream so real. It was something entirely different, it was a prophecy.

His bedroom door swung open. A rubber-stop gong echoed the room and Judy's lanky body cowered in the doorway. Her eyes were red and her nose bled snuffled tunes.

"Is this really happening?" She asked.

Martin lay motionless. "What?" He replied.

"Are we seriously breaking up?"

Martin cupped his head in his hands. "I don't know, are we?"

Judy kicked her socks against the carpet. "I don't want to Martin. I'm sorry for getting mad."

Martin sighed.

"What's going on with you?" She asked.

Martin grabbed his pillow with both hands and rammed it into his face. He smacked himself repeatedly. Judy's feet rattled the floor until she was over top of her boyfriend restraining him.

"What's wrong with you?" She screamed.

"I'm going to die!" Martin shouted back.

Judy let out a spastic cry. She grabbed him by the collar of his v-neck shirt and demanded answers.

Martin explained everything: The nightmares. Everyday the same ones. Grey faces with dark black eyes entering his dreams. Talking in a different language and preparing him for something. He never understood what they said. He never knew what they wanted. Near the end he would begin to disappear and everything he knew would slowly evaporate. He died at the end of every dream.

"You're scaring me." Judy said.

Her arms wrapped around Martin in a loving embrace. Martin stayed motionless.

She kissed him on the cheek. Martin rolled over and turned himself away from her. Tears rolled down his face. His breathing was chaotic.

Judy sighed and returned to the door. She took one last look at Martin, waved, then left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Martin brushed his teeth. Foam filled his mouth and leaked from the sides. He spit into his sink and look into his mirror. He barely recognized himself.

Judy had been gone for over four hours. His stomach still rotted at the idea of his girlfriend being gone, but his imminent demise was more pressing. The shakes were worse than effects of loneliness.

He tried to put his toothbrush back in its place but his hand rattled off the ceramic dish. He felt the darkness coming. His world was ending soon. He knew it.

Water washed over his face and the tap hummed over his head. He wiped himself off with a towel counting down the seconds.

His bedroom door creaked open and he entered. Apple pie his mom had made still lingered the halls. There was no time to waste, he had to face his destiny.

He laid into his bed.

His eyes shut. This time it wasn't a nightmare. All he had seen before, it happened. He watched his hands bead off into little bits of dust and exit through the ceiling of this room. He tried to scream but nothing came out. His legs turned to bits of sand being carried off in a dust storm. This was the end of Martin. He had seen it coming.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello?"

"Hello."

"Martin?!"

"I'm sorry, I don't believe I know you."

"Martin, that is your voice on the phone. What the hell are you doing? What do you mean you don't know me? You've been ignoring me ever since that day in your room. I'm sorry okay, just come over and we'll talk about it."

"I'm sorry. I am unfamiliar as to who you are. I must go now. I am Martin. I don't know you.

"You need to go? What are you talking about? Martin, it's Judy, your girlfriend. If you don't start acting like it I am not going to be your girlfriend anymore."

"Judy, you are not my girlfriend anymore."

Two suns smashed their lights against the ground. The light was a mix of blue and yellow. A strong smell of chemical solvents permeated the air. Winds rustled over the landscape and sounds of cracking thunder echoed the sky. Raindrops larger than anything Martin was used to splashed him in the face. He looked up, at the two suns, then at the localized clouds that seemed to be of no natural creation.

Rain pounded the ground in one place, yet sun scorched the rocks only a hundred yards away. The two suns in the sky burned Martin's eyes. He turned his gaze to the clouds for comfort. Rising out of the puffy white were long columns. Towers, taller than he had ever seen. Metallic discs floated around the towers in organized lines. It looked like a floating highway.

He ran his hands over his body. Something felt different. He felt an oily rough exterior. He looked down to see his lanky extremities, grey and scaly. He rubbed his bald head and shuttered at the touch.

His eyes ran back over the landscape. He realized, he was so far from home.

edit on 11-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I really, really liked your story. They say a story is well written when you can see a picture in your mind. I did with yours. There are some posters on here who have such talent! Keep writing! I will continue to watch for more from you.
edit on 11-4-2011 by jdb51 because: came up with more

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
amazing buddy
keep it up
i loook forward to more from you

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the support. I will do my best to continue posting more stories.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Very Awesome Read! I "felt" his fear....dreams that feel so real are frightening to say the least.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Fairly interesting read, got a S and F. Kinda short, but mysterious enough to make me think WTF?

I actually clicked the link from your sig in another thread I was in, then had to scroll back up to see what forum I was in. Short stories eh? I do a bit of writing on the side........

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I like it. It kept me interested.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Cheers to the new people who showed up to read.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
man I wish I could write like that!

very awesome! ♥

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Photograps or it didn't really happen !

Oh sorry I forgot where I was for a moment !

Your writing is almost as daft as mine, except yours is good, you win a goldfish !

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That story reminds me all too much about the worst trip of my life. I woke up in a different dimension (it sounds crazy, but it can't really be explained). I haven't done drugs since then (and I do not condone them at all), but what you see cannot be unseen. Actually, it is more like what you've experienced cannot be un-experienced. Every experience changes how you think/act and sometimes, sometimes it changes your world view so much that you can never return.

Anyways. I really liked the story. Good job.
edit on 11-8-2011 by adraves because: typo

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This story is great! It reminds me of something Isaac Asimov might write. I love it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Thanks for the support. I will do my best to continue posting more stories.

S&F enjoyed your story..keep it up

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Great story

I really enjoyed reading it. I look forward to reading others you have written.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Really excellent story, S&F

Looking forward to reading any future stories and writes from you

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
Photograps or it didn't really happen !

Oh sorry I forgot where I was for a moment !

Your writing is almost as daft as mine, except yours is good, you win a goldfish !
photos or it didnt happen....classic.its the typical responce on some if not most forums lol.
getting back to the story,awsome man,dont leave us hangin

new topics

top topics

join