It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Generation Nuclear Reactor -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
www.newton.dep.anl.gov...

This reactor consumes its own waste, sounds like a hidden investment like the Water Barons.

Integral Fast Reactor

ok that didn't work... ? I guess just click on the link.
this is the first I have heard of it, and I am currently examining the benefits - against the current geo politics of nuclear... also, if you look at nuclear energy providers - the Japan thing just beat the crap out of them... let them continue to collapse - and the first words of this would be around 3 months after the bottom in these companies,
yea, Philsgang.com cracked the code of the markets - easy to learn, it would appear rich folks are no smarter than folks... they just know things you are not suppose to know - so you dont they do. they rich and you ain't.
edit on 10-4-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

I may be wrong, but isn't this called fusion? I always thought fusion used waste to produce energy.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Fusion is a type of reaction, or combining. now the trick is cold. how do you fuse without generating radiation(heat).? and the hotter, the nastier forms of particles are created needless to say the hotter the more lethal to life,

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I would prefer to invest all of these funds into expanding the production and development of solar panel technology and attempting to create a world where every household and building on Earth has it's own solar panels. (Combined of course with wind, geothermal, hydro, etc).

The problem with these nuclear technologies is containment.

As we all have seen tragically, containment inevitably will be breached in some fashion or another.

It's not worth the resource investment at this critical time, and it's not worth the risk to the ecosystem to even bother with these types of archaic and primitive technologies.

Solar panels are totally the way to go. This is pure common sense.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Look at this quote from the link you posted.

A very expensive facility with lots of radiation shielding using remote handlers and robots to do the actual work. If someone were to steal some spent IFR fuel, it would have to be heavily shielded just to carry it away or it would kill everyone nearby. Processing would require special equipment and large quantities of specific chemicals. It would be impossible to hide.

Like I said containment is the problem with this primitive technology.
Kill everyone nearby?

No thank you. What if containment is breached due to catastrophic accidents?
Right. Pandora's Box get's opened.

Honestly this should be illegal globally. It is not 100% controllable and it can lead to the destruction of our property and liberties and health as humans and our fellow organisms on our planet.

But what is the worst case scenario with a solar panel or a wind farm?
Right. No where near as bad.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

Fusion is a type of reaction, or combining. now the trick is cold. how do you fuse without generating radiation(heat).? and the hotter, the nastier forms of particles are created needless to say the hotter the more lethal to life,

Apparently like this:
pesn.com...
edit on 10/4/2011 by Jubjub because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I thought so at first glance too... but all of those options you mentioned consumes more energy to make than it will ever produce. its like trading 100 for 99. it just takes a whole lot longer before you realize it.

if something does not conform to the "Laws" of thermal dynamics - then the earth is flat. so any invention that doesn't consume more than it produces will not be allowed to be used as viable. only experiemental development is allowed.

*ford manufactured a car in the late 30's that got 20miles to the gallon.
*my redesign of the ford engine includes a pair of rocker pistons for each cylinder to compress air that it injects
into each cylinder on the fuel compression stroke. - the more psi injected the more MPG. *no response from FORD, I think the internal combusion motor is only like 25% effiencent.
www.youtube.com...

top topics

join