It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Pyramid in the world. The Cholula Pyramid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
"Pyramid Cholula" is visible in Google maps and Streetview.
It seems to occupy over a dozen blocks or so in the middle of a suburb.
The real interesting stuff appears to be to the Western side of the whole site.

Pueblo International airport is a short taxi cab drive away, and handles direct flights from Los Angeles, London, New York, Germany, Spain.

Local language is Spanish.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Amazing find and I'm grateful to all the people in the continuous search of the ancient cultures of our world.

I have to partially disagree with your statement "overtime we lose our history and culture with the ravages of time". Our history has been taken from us so many times in the name of religion. We didn't lose it. It was taken, burned, covered up, buried, rewritten and denied. Think of all the amazing codices that aren't with us today largely in part to the conquistadors set on burning every codex they could find.

But I really agree with you on the best we can do now - unearth everything we can find and show the world. I'm exciting with every new find.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here is the bosnian pyramid.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
this is very interesting as I had never seen the Cholula Pyramid before. It blows my mind! The way those rocks seem all different shapes and sizes like puzzle pieces fitting together it that way.

I always find it bizarre that they believed they needed to make sacrifices so the rains came for their crops yet they obviously had enough intelligence(logic,maths,geometry etc), food and resources to fuel huge projects like these pyramids. Not sure if i'm explaining myself well.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyTrick

That might be the key, the more knowledgeable perhaps knew of a need to maintain balance with nature, to reduce population, perhaps they invented the whole need for sacrifice.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There are some great video and photos of what they are finding along the way in Bosnia.
Seems evident there is something there and the folks who cry "Hoax" are trying to keep the tourists from flocking and gettin in the way.
Maybe it was a natural formation that they carved their way into...

bpblognews.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen
reply to post by SLAYER69

Also we need to consider that although the Olmec are famous for their Giant Head sculptures that they were also the oldest and seemed to have built the most advanced pyramids way before the Mayans and Aztecs.

It's very interesting to think that the more advanced pyramids are the oldest.

I've always been fascinated by them and their accomplishments. Too bad the Mayan and Aztec seem to grab all the interest.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for participating and for the nice images Slayer. Ancient ruins from the past always show us just how fragile humanities creations can be. They are there one day then they are gone. We owe it to our ancestors to preserve the past but sadly whether it be human intervention or the sands of time they get lost forever. Heres to the discovery of the past and all its former glory.

edit on 11-4-2011 by Stop-loss! because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join