It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pleased to meet you! Shape shifter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
“Too good to be true” Is an interesting statement we hear a lot, what does it mean? That the truth can never be good or that the truth is somewhere in-between good and bad. I feel that the answer has to be somewhere in-between if not the truth is one sided only. Many objects are multifaceted (many faces) so if we say we only show one face we are not being truthful. Then the only way of being in-between many faces, is to be in the centre. That way you are not lying, any leaning towards becoming an extreme soon becomes a lie. The truth can not be embodied for long; in fact the truth is the ultimate shape shifter.

The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no preferences. When love and hate are both absent everything becomes clear and undisguised. Make the smallest distinction, however, and heaven and earth are set infinitely apart. If you wish to see the truth then hold no opinions for or against anything. To set up what you like against what you dislike is the disease of the mind.

Sosan’s Hsin Hsin Ming
well worth reading the full text for a more balanced view. Here is a a portriat of Sosan.

www.zen-deshimaru.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Arrgh. Sorry need sleep.
edit on 9-4-2011 by Frater210 because: Did not read post thoroughly

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

S+F, I'm definitely going to read through the rest at your link when I get a chance.

Buddha once said something to the effect of "Take the middle path, between all pairs of opposites"

edit on 9-4-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
looks good always looking for more info to read on this and lean towards Buddas teachings. More people should open their minds to meditation.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I agree with what you are saying, but lets be honest - how can you disagree??

When talking about something so supreme as "the truth" in what we as a race regard that as, it all turns into a "philosophical play on words". A quote comes to my mind from the Tao, and/or "the way"...

"Any words about the Tao are not the Tao."

I take this as that words cannot describe the truth... at all. It can be taken a multitude of ways also, but this is what language is.. flawed to a degree for you can take many meanings from any one word.

In regards to "The Truth", I envision it like this - When we experience the truth, we do not experience the entire truth. Instead, we see maybe 1 degree of the entire 360 degrees of the truth. And if you're talking on a three dimensional plane, that 1 degree is like one atom of the entire compassing sphere of truth.

Just how i see it. Truth be told though... its beyond any words.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by survival
I agree with what you are saying, but lets be honest - how can you disagree??

You can disagree but it wont make much difference!

"Any words about the Tao are not the Tao."
This is correct, any finger pointing at the moon is not the moon,but some fingers are saying they are pointing at the moon when infact they are pointing down a dead end road.

Just how i see it. Truth be told though... its beyond any words.

what about laughter, maybe that is the best finger yet

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by survival

There's a relevant quote to that at the link....

The more you talk and think about it,
the further astray you wander from the truth.
Stop talking and thinking
and there is nothing you will not be able to know

Its a simple an elegant book, reminds me a lot of the tao.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Perhaps our true consciousness is far greater than our mind-consciousness. Whenever our mind tries to grasp at our true consciousness, it fails to comprehend just how vast we are.

top topics

join