It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA find radiation in 13 USA city's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

they are able to find particular isotopes....some of which have a half life of 8 days...which means it will be mostly gone in a few weeks...you can use the half life and the isotopes to prove it's from japan

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
radiation is good for us. ever see the fantastic 4 or the teenage mutant ninja turtles?

Or listen to Ann Coulter, for that matter?

Comedy Central has nothing on Fox "News".

On watching this again, it's ironic Bill O'Reilly brings up the effects of the WTC dust, because according to civilian whistleblower Indira Singh, the clean-up workers at Ground Zero did exhibit symptoms of radiation poisoning such as developing a myriad of cancers, their hair falling out, etc.
edit on 10-4-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I heard somewhere on a news network (been a while, forget exactly which one) that the radiation will follow the death stream.... Oh.. I mean jet stream.

Not an expert, but would conclude that it will be found in higher concentrations in low-lying areas, the western side of mountains, and in certain ´pockets´ of our landscape.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
When the plants in Japan blew, one of the first things I read or watched, I don't remember who said it, was if you didn't want to ingest radiation/fallout, then don't drink milk. Reason is, the fallout travels in the clouds, falls onto the grass, cows eat the grass, and then they give their milk - which is radioactive. So the fact the milk is radioactive is worrisome to me.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The coverup is enormous. A conspiracy of genocide and since I believe this was done deliberately, with HAARP and a 60 trillion yen payout made by Japan after the Quake to the US paramilitary industrial complex that is exhorting 90% of the worlds resources, this is also murder, countless countless murders.

vimeo.com...

They yanked the monitoring just before this huge plume hit on the 6th, and the water in San Francisco was over 18 000 X the limit. and the west coast of North America became akin to Japan's radiation levels, akin to being right adjacent to Fukishima. I wondered why the water tasted like tar, like a factory, like a greasy oily residue, it was on my car too. I am furious with this silence and lies.

We are in grave danger here, and its overall almost as sever as Japan in the unsafe areas.

The penguines in the north are losing their feathers due to thryoid, well I'd say thats a very bad canary, because we already have these levels in us, and they'll be added to each day, for seemingly ages.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlubberyConspiracy
There is no comparison here. They simply stated that the radiation levels detected in milk is higher than the amount of radiation allowed in drinking water. What, do you think that the radiation's effects are somehow null because we're talking about milk but not water?

I'll tell you what, I wouldn't drink that milk.

People drink less milk than they do water. The total population exposure from milk with a specified contaminant level is less than water with the same level.

Unless you drink up to a gallon of milk every day for your entire life, then applying water standards to milk is a total fallacy.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Please provide a source for the water in SF being 18000x limit... Radiation disperses per the inverse square law, which would have people dying instantly in japan and within a week in SF.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Someone said that the radiation detected was from cell phone towers.

That's very misinformed.

Cell phone towers do not give off detectable iodine or cesium readings.

Well, if they do, please provide explanation of how this is possible.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
reply to post by Unity_99

Please provide a source for the water in SF being 18000x limit... Radiation disperses per the inverse square law, which would have people dying instantly in japan and within a week in SF.

The information being referenced said it was 18,000 % the limit.

This translates to 180x if we convert the math.

You can correct me if I am wrong but I believe this is correct.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

And, yes . . . we have our own inspector-level counter at home.

Really, lol. Paranoid much? Can you please give me the make and model number of the counter you own, and the last time you had it certified (it is inspector level after all, lol), plus the lab that you sent it to in order to be re-certified?

Now, if your full of crap your going to ignore this or run off to google to find a part number of something believable and just say you lost the inspection paperwork and can't remember where you send it off too. So yeah, do me a favor and take a picture of it, that is easily check-able to see if you stole the picture from the internet.
edit on 10-4-2011 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Come on fellow humans let's all try to be nice in all our postings.

We are in this together.

Many of us are just plain scared and worried about the future.

It is normal for us to be on edge.

This is a BIG deal.

With that in mind a little kindness would go a long way.

Just saying................

Here is a big hug. (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ATS Members & Staff)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Love and peace to all.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by solomons path

And, yes . . . we have our own inspector-level counter at home.

Really, lol. Paranoid much? Can you please give me the make and model number of the counter you own, and the last time you had it certified (it is inspector level after all, lol), plus the lab that you sent it to in order to be re-certified?

Now, if your full of crap your going to ignore this or run off to google to find a part number of something believable and just say you lost the inspection paperwork and can't remember where you send it off too. So
yeah, do me a favor and take a picture of it, that is easily check-able to see if you stole the picture from the internet.
edit on 10-4-2011 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

Not paranoid... Wife bought it from Mineral Labs about 2 months ago for work (geologist) At work and posting from iPhone, so the best I can do now is a link to there product site.
Mineral Labs "inspector" counter

They are less than $600... Since it's new, I don't think it's had any further calibration work, but I'm no expert. If it's that important to you, I can ask her later.

However, you're free to believe whatever you like...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path

I'm not backing up the 18000x the limit thing because that's not my claim, but a reasonable point has been made in that all the radiation being detected around the US isn't necessarily related to the Japan disaster. There isn't a clear decrease in radiation the further away you move from Japan. Areas in the Pacific like Guam and Saipan have lower radiation levels in places than Florida, Alabama, etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join