It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA find radiation in 13 USA city's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

EPA find radiation in 13 USA city's

www.epa.gov

The EPA has finally released some of the radiation data it has been collecting:

Los Angeles milk radiation was above federal drinking water standards.
Radiation found in Phoenix milk was almost at the federal drinking water standard.
Radioactive Iodine in Boise Idaho rainwater was 130 times above Federal Drinking Water standards.
Radioactive Caesium was 13.66 times above federal limit for Caesium-134, 2 year half-life.
Radioactive Caesium was 12 times federal limit for Caesium-137, 30 year half-life.
Tennessee drinking water was detected with radiation s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
http://(nolink)/2011/04/09/epa-finds-japan-nuclear-radiation-milk-epa-limits-drinking-water-13-citie-15838/
www.youtube.com...
If its showing up as far as Tennessee then its most likely in surrounding states as well. I think we could see some effects from this radiation. I dont know why the EPA would release it, if their wear going to be no visible effects from it.

www.epa.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I've been watching this Radiation monitor and it has double since a few weeks ago in most areas

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yay! Glowing milkshakes will be all the rage of the Glitterati here in L.A.!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Just like the EPA to ignore the BP spill and focus on something else.

Radiation is in every major city that uses cellular and microwave technology.

On Sept. 13, 2001, then-EPA head Christine Todd Whitman told reporters at ground zero, "We have not seen any reason — any readings that have indicated any health hazard." Asked by Smith if EPA officials lied, Dr. Jenkins responded, "Yes, they did."

How would I know if the air/water around me is safe?
The results of EPA’s sampling efforts were posted at www.epa.gov/bpspill and made recommendations for the public to take based upon the results of our environmental monitoring. Residents and tourists were referred to state and local information for beach conditions in their area.

Last updated in August.

Just sayin dont trust them. The EPA is not looking out for America, they are serving the funding like all government agencies.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy

I think we could see some effects from this radiation.

You do? What sort of 'effects'?

I dont know why the EPA would release it, if their wear going to be no visible effects from it.

So you think the EPA should'nt do their job?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I say the numbers are false or that is the normal radiation reading for milk. Not that radiation in milk is normal, but that it has been there for a time longer than this Fukishima event.

Let's not forget the governments recent policies decrying the "dangers" of raw milk and food . . . just the sort of event and public fear that can drive their message home.

Unless you have some old (pre-Japan) milk lying around and can test it against milk bought recently . . . I'm going with government fear machine. I'm in Phoenix and have not seen any change in background radiation readings and have yet to detect any harmful readings in the food bought and prepared for my family. And, yes . . . we have our own inspector-level counter at home.

What the public is waking up to and what the government is just now letting on to . . . Radiation levels in this country have been elevated above their "normal" specs for many years. It's one of the reasons they are elevating their guidlines for safe exposure . . . the public is finally starting to monitor (independently) the levels we live with everyday.

Make sure you are taking plenty of antioxidants and raw kelp supplements . . . there is a reason this countries cancer rates are double the rest of the world. Don't fear . . . be prepared.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Love the dissonance on ATS. In this thread we have some saying that the EPA is covering up evidence that "zOMG we all goine die!" and someone else saying the EPA is fearmongering for posting the very same data!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

I think we could see some effects from this radiation.

You do? What sort of 'effects'?

I dont know why the EPA would release it, if their wear going to be no visible effects from it.

So you think the EPA should'nt do their job?

EPA doing their job? Their job is to suppress info. Just look at 9/11. I just think that it weird that they are even releasing this info. They could just say that their is no radiation, end of story. But they are not....

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Dude? C'mon don't be so outrageous..

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by solomons path

Love the dissonance on ATS. In this thread we have some saying that the EPA is covering up evidence that "zOMG we all goine die!" and someone else saying the EPA is fearmongering for posting the very same data!

I agree with you. Since Fukishima, I've been routinely accused of "burying my head in the sand" and having a "nothing to see here" attitude on this site. I don't think most people realize just how much radiation we are exposed to in this country, since the 50's/60's . . . especially on the west coast and upper midwest (UMW is in direct path of fallout from NM and NV test sites).

Not sure if the EPA is doing this because of the independent testing that showed radiation in milk sources, in the NW recently or to push some sort of agenda. However, without this being a long standing practice (providing a report on radiation levels in food) there is no way to determine if these levels are above/below normal or where/why it is showing up now. Unfortunately, any radiation found in substances these days will be seized upon by those that fear "we are all going to die" from the Japan event. Is the EPA using this fear to promote something upcoming? . . . Guess we will all find out one way or another, soon.
edit on 4/9/11 by solomons path because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Look at the report, it is comparing apples to oranges. It says “Milk” levels are above “Drinking water” standards…………..

Am I missing something?

MILK is not DRINKING WATER!!!!!!!!!!!

Milk normally has higher contaminant levels than the surrounding environment because the cow’s biology concentrates into the milk anything that it eats. That is why a cow that gets into wild onions or wild garlic will have a freaky tasting milk. It smells/taste like you mixed onions or garlic with it.

That is why milk normally has higher acceptable limits than drinking water for most contaminants…….. Because people don’t normally drink as much milk as they do water!!!!!

edit on 9-4-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

EPA doing their job? Their job is to suppress info. Just look at 9/11.

No, their 'job' is to disseminate info. Just because certain individuals within institutions have a history of corruption doesn't mean the institutions are inherently flawed.

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy I just think that it weird that they are even releasing this info. They could just say that their is no radiation, end of story. But they are not....

Well, that would be easily refutable by various independent sources, now wouldn't it. So they clearly could not just hide the evidence. And since the evidence is showing these are essentially benign levels, letting the public know this is in the interest of the agency. But people like alex higgins, who the op links to clearly have something to gain from spreading fear,ie-selling ad space.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Some of that radiation, especially the higher levels in Alabama, are probably coming from something else imo.

It's no secret that the federal government dumps all kinds of nasty stuff into Alabama and Mississippi.

I could be wrong. Just sayin'.

You know what... Looking over all the numbers on the EPA website, it would really be easier to make sense of it if it were plotted on a map. Some of these places in the US, on the East coast, have higher concentrations of radiation than what's being reported in parts of Saipan and Guam.
edit on 9-4-2011 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
Look at the report, it is comparing apples to oranges. It says “Milk” levels are above “Drinking water” standards…………..

Am I missing something?

Well, Duh! Of course you are missing something. If it is not safe to have that amount of radiation in drinking water, how can it be safe in milk? You drink milk, in tea or coffee, or on cerials, or just milk and cookies - so if it is unsafe to have that much radiation in drinking water, it must also be unsafe to have that much radiation in milk!

I'm not goint too fast for you am I? This thing called logic can be very hard to follow I know.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I had a thought..how do they know its radiation from japan>? god only knows how many hydrogen and nucelar bombs our government have blatanlty tested aboveground out in the new mexico desert..they never tested our farms or supermarkets back then it seems. so how do we know its form japan? or maybe cherynoble is lingering around us here, just was never tested for?
so its milk* how come they havnt tested carrots, peas, watermelons, the local water supply for that matter?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I really really wish that the poster who says it could affect cell phones was right, I would love to see all cell phones die and never come back on so people would go back to living normal and have normal relationships with each other, but alas, it has no effect on them at all.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You are right. Alabama is where many weapons have been and are still being destroyed and dismantled. Anniston area to be exact.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

Am I missing something?

Milk normally has higher contaminant levels than the surrounding environment because the cow’s biology concentrates into the milk anything that it eats. That is why a cow that gets into wild onions or wild garlic will have a freaky tasting milk. It smells/taste like you mixed onions or garlic with it.

That is why milk normally has higher acceptable limits than drinking water for most contaminants…….. Because people don’t normally drink as much milk as they do water!!!!!

edit on 9-4-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

There is no comparison here. They simply stated that the radiation levels detected in milk is higher than the amount of radiation allowed in drinking water. What, do you think that the radiation's effects are somehow null because we're talking about milk but not water?

I'll tell you what, I wouldn't drink that milk.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
radiation is good for us. ever see the fantastic 4 or the teenage mutant ninja turtles?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join